BRUINS GDT GAME 9 10/30 7:08 PM - THE BEAR seeks revenge against the Sunrise Kittens - NESN, NESN 4K, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Of course I won't be pulling for him Monday night, but last year's playoffs made me a fan of Matthew Tkachuk. I believe in intangibles, and he has them by the boatload.

But more importantly, he's highly skilled with a knack for skating to where the puck is going to be, not where it has already been. So the concern shouldn't be retaliating physically; it should be containing him offensively.

I once saw a doc on the late 80's Detroit Pistons. The players said they knew when they rolled into a visiting city and everyone was preoccupied with everything except basketball, they'd win.

So I hope the B's focus is where it should be - on the game.
True but I’m tired of watching him and his mouth guard. So let’s win !

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
With Poitras, I'm more worried about management sending him back to juniors than I am any Florida player running him. Not sure why so many here are so paranoid about that, especially with Gudas off their team now.

With how goal challenged we are the odds of that seem about 0 right now? He's been in on about 30% of the offence between points he's gotten and goals he helped create without getting a pt. Imagine losing that now? We average 3.25 goals per game and need all the help we can get there.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
This place is going to be insufferable tonight. Way too much focus on fighting and revenge going on already.

This is the GDT. I'm not in the mood to be creative.
I don't expect much because no one hates anyone anymore. I fully expect a la-de-dah game that's not remotely physical.

One time you'd have this one circled on your calendar. Not anymore.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
With how goal challenged we are the odds of that seem about 0 right now? He's been in on about 30% of the offence between points he's gotten and goals he helped create without getting a pt. Imagine losing that now? We average 3.25 goals per game and need all the help we can get there.

14th in a 32 team league.

Wouldn't exactly call that goal challenged.

Reactions: PaulD and lopey

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Curious to see if Steen has a look-see or 2nd and 3rd line. Monty does like movement of players.
I am not pushing anyone in our top 9 down for Steen at this point. If he starts getting some points on the 4th line like Marchand did once upon a time, maybe you start to consider it. He played well enough to continue in his present role, maybe you could argue he should be our 13th forward. For me he remains number 14 and a 4th line call up only. I do hope he blossoms, I do think he has some upside. If he could show some of his skill more consistently, I think he could score 30 points in the NHL. I hope he forces the Bruins to do something this year. He can only do that with good mature play wherever he is NHL/AHL. It's nice that he is off to a good start after not performing well in the AHL early last season.

Last edited:

UConn126

Bass Player.
Sponsor
Jun 12, 2010
Somerville, MA
I'm with you, it would be stupid to send him back, but this management is a bit of a wild card at times. They'll find something silly like "he needs to get stronger along the boards in the neutral zone in the second period" and use that as an excuse to send him back. This is the same management that thought it was a great idea to interrupt the franchise's best start ever by signing the most toxic free agent available. I absolutely not put it past them to blow this. If it were already decided he were staying they would've signed Heinen instead of calling up Steen.

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm with you, it would be stupid to send him back, but this management is a bit of a wild card at times. They'll find something silly like "he needs to get stronger along the boards in the neutral zone in the second period" and use that as an excuse to send him back. This is the same management that thought it was a great idea to interrupt the franchise's best start ever by signing the most toxic free agent available. I absolutely not put it past them to blow this. If it were already decided he were staying they would've signed Heinen instead of calling up Steen.

He's staying per Dom's sources.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

So what do you attribute the need to "find some silly excuse" to send him down from management?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yep, he earned it. I thought he would stay, but with management you never really know and what seems like no brainer's for us are run through a different calculus up in the rare air.
Honestly, the Bs management is far better than some give them credit for. I don't agree with everything, but the Bs are in far better shape than many other teams.

No way they send this kid down. He is playing the 200 foot game the bruins like from their centres. He is not just putting up points. Two wsy game is good. He would not learn a thing in juniors as well. He is ready
Yep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad