GDT: Game 80 | Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals | 7:30PM | Healing Vibes Phor Phil

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
"Something, something, this team sucks and I hope they un-clinch." :laugh:

Seriously though, games don't matter anymore. We just want to stay healthy heading into the playoffs. It's gonna be a struggle, and it doesn't look like we're interested in getting into the right mode beforehand, so just coast it out and hope they flip the switch come playoff time. f*** it. Too many issues to work on over the course of a week anyway. Just hope the big guns are ready when the playoffs start, whoever we face.

Reactions: pixiesfanyo

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Pens are terrible 5 on 5. They have been since the trade deadline. I truly don't understand the same lines over and over again.

Exactly.
Mix it up. Get Rust away from Sid. Put Phil back with Riley or rest him.
Get Kuhn out for Simon.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Wow ****ting on Geno's line and rightfully deserved.

Okay, you tell me . . . WTF is Geno supposed to do that last shift. He's double teamed in his zone but gets the puck to a teammate. Then, he jumps out of the zone to join the rush and get the puck to Hags, who tries a no look back pass that is a foot off. Malkin tries to adjust to get it, but if the pass is off, the guy he's got a half stride on can recover. Geno literally did everything right that sequence.

So, you tell me. Go watch it. Tell me WHAT he's supposed to do there.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
Coach.. Hags - Geno - Rust. It works.
its never gonna hppen again...he is there to be with sid no other way...

I would not change sheary sheahan horny line, so we are really down one RW to help jumpstart Geno and Hags...it could be simon, or sprong thats about it...

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Sheary-Sheahan-Phil should be . . . interesting.

EDIT: Hey, is it too much to ask Jake-Sid-Rust to do something?

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
Didnt actually think it would happen when i predicted a shutout before the game.

Caps will be favored again (Grubauer), so we have em right where we want em again.

Dey so soff*

Feb 17, 2017
"Something, something, this team sucks and I hope they un-clinch." :laugh:

Seriously though, games don't matter anymore. We just want to stay healthy heading into the playoffs. It's gonna be a struggle, and it doesn't look like we're interested in getting into the right mode beforehand, so just coast it out and hope they flip the switch come playoff time. **** it. Too many issues to work on over the course of a week anyway. Just hope the big guns are ready when the playoffs start, whoever we face.
Yeah, been coasting for a couple weeks now and then clinch and now throttle it down even more
and expect to just go zero to 100 in game 1.

Makes sense.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Horny should drop the gloves with the refs. ****ing awful

Reactions: KIRK

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Yeah, been coasting for a couple weeks now and then clinch and now throttle it down even more
and expect to just go zero to 100 in game 1.

Makes sense.
This team's struggled with the same issues going back through the entirety of last season. If you thought we were some powerhouse because Sid, Geno, and Phil tore it up for a few weeks to start 2018 that's on you. All they did was mask glaring issues that won't/can't be addressed mid-season.

Ride it out and work this summer. No time to change it now, just hope the big guns carry a seriously flawed team again like last season. Plain and simple, this playoff is on the shoulders of 87, 71, 81 and 30.

Reactions: vodeni

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
When is the last time the team practised together? They don't look like they're on the same page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad