GDT: Game 8: Red Wings at sabres 1:00 pm et 10/26/24

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Don't care that we lost, Buffalo is a little better team. It was a good game and I also don't expect us win next game against Edmonton, I just like to see team competing .
Love that Raymond do pk, best players should do it, Kasper is playing in all situations, Edvinsson still doing mistakes, but he is playing more games and learning. Our goalkeepers are good, we're doing good and be better soon

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
How did you get gus>ghost from my post at all?

I'm calling out this notion that we let a Hanifin walk out the door.

Ghost made 4.125m with us last season, had his 2nd best point total over his career. I'm having a hard time believing he didn't want 5mil+ here. A raise for sure with those numbers. Yet 4 hours after free agency started he signs for 3.2mx3, so he gets less than his previous year.

Feels like the same thing we saw with Bertuzzi, oh I would've given Bertuzzi that contract! Yeah no shit, because he got humbled when he went to market.
TBH that's what I thought, i'm not going back to reread the old post and see why I thought that. but I for sure thought thats what you where suggesting to everyone. My bad.

Sorry.

Reactions: JediOrderPizza

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
TBH that's what I thought, i'm not going back to reread the old post and see why I thought that. but I for sure thought thats what you where suggesting to everyone. My bad.

Sorry.
No problem, it's all water under the bridge. Hopefully tonight we will feel a little better after a Wings win.

Nnowski

Jun 11, 2024
The team has enough talent to do better. The coaches system is holding them back.

Is Joel Quenneville's reputation so bad that he won't ever see another job in the NHL? Forgive my ignorance, I have not followed the controversy.
He'll get another job. Bowman was much more responsible than him and he's currently employed

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
So far we been badly overshoot , but managed to be just slightly below .500. wonder if it just Lalonde new strategy, we will see later. It's seems like both Buffalo and Ottawa are better teams, so I don't expect us to be better than last season. It's means better pick at 2025 very good draft year. So I am not upset at all. We are going to have better team for long run

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
quite possibly, yes. I mean, think about everything Babcock has been accused of. Does any of it compare to having a role in hushing up someone being sexually assaulted? That's what baggage Quenneville has.
Quenneville didn't assault players verbally. Babcock was a literal pos.

Quenneville at least tried to do something. He found out and stormed into a management meeting demanding the guy be fired. Ya he stayed on the last handful of games and q should have gone over their heads. But his role has been blown away out of proportion.

Honestly saying Babcock was better is deplorable. The guy forced Franzen to play with concussions and f***ed up the guys life. He was a complete ass because he had the power to be. And when given the opportunity to redeem himself he took it upon himself to go through players phones to make sure he approved of their lifestyles.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
The team has enough talent to do better. The coaches system is holding them back.

Is Joel Quenneville's reputation so bad that he won't ever see another job in the NHL? Forgive my ignorance, I have not followed the controversy.

We've all seen the rumors that Steve is eyeing him as a replacement for Lalonde. And I have a sneaky suspicion it will come end of the month before our 4 day break to give them a chance to have some practice time together. Remember Cooper was a mid season replacement by Yzerman too.

Only thing is I've heard those rumors from people inside the organization before I even saw them online. So I'm thinking there might actually be some truth to them.

But then again it's Yzerman. So if you've heard about it, there's a good chance Yzerman either isn't doing it, or he won't do it now out of spite. He doesn't appreciate leaked info.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

Quenneville at least tried to do something. He found out and stormed into a management meeting demanding the guy be fired. Ya he stayed on the last handful of games and q should have gone over their heads. But his role has been blown away out of proportion.

Honestly saying Babcock was better is deplorable. The guy forced Franzen to play with concussions and f***ed up the guys life. He was a complete ass because he had the power to be. And when given the opportunity to redeem himself he took it upon himself to go through players phones to make sure he approved of their lifestyles.

This is a complete misrepresentation of what happened. I don't want to re-litigate the whole thing but there's plenty of awful things Babcock did without making things up. He did not knowingly force Franzen to play with a concussion. Even Chelios says no one knew about Franzen's struggles with concussions and depression/anxiety at the time. You're also really downplaying Quenneville's role in allowing a sexual predator to prey on his players and keeping it covered up for a decade.

There's really no winner in the "who was worse" game between those two. The problem is Quenneville will likely be back in the league. If he ever is involved with the Wings organization is the day I stop watching.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
You should try a Buffalo or bison steak. You’d like that. Very tender and lower in fat than your typical steaks. If you cook it more than medium rare then you don’t deserve something so delicious.
I've been hooked on lamb rack lately, buying in Costco it's soo good , very tender and don't need a lot of spices, just solt, paper and little bit garlic

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

No, he just turned a blind eye to his video coach sexually assaulting someone. I'm not sure why anyone would go out of their way to defend either of these guys.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
No, he just turned a blind eye to his video coach sexually assaulting someone. I'm not sure why anyone would go out of their way to defend either of these guys.

You keep saying that, doesn't make it true. He reported it to his supervisors as soon as he was made aware of the situation.

He assured it would be dealt with. Management waited until the playoffs were done to take care of it and even allowed him at the parade.

Like I said, his only fault here was not going over their head to bettman. Babcock is still worse.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
You keep saying that, doesn't make it true. He reported it to his supervisors as soon as he was made aware of the situation.

He assured it would be dealt with. Management waited until the playoffs were done to take care of it and even allowed him at the parade.

Like I said, his only fault here was not going over their head to bettman. Babcock is still worse.

it happened in 2010. No one faced repercussions until 2021. After 11 years Quennville though it was still being handled? He didn't even fire the coach after he found out, he just passed the buck and turned his back.

Reactions: odin1981

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
it happened in 2010. No one faced repercussions until 2021. After 11 years Quennville though it was still being handled? He didn't even fire the coach after he found out, he just passed the buck and turned his back.

He doesn't have authority to fire a coach.... That's the gm. Who he told.

Babcock had years of history harassing people and being a horrible person.

Quenneville didn't go over his supervisors head.

You can twist that any way you want.

Quenneville is not responsible for laying charges, for hiring and firing of staff, believe it or not he's not responsible for your McDonald's order either.

Bowman is a gm again believe it or not. He's more responsible here than Quenneville.

Obviously you didn't read the reports. Otherwise you'd have a different tune.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He doesn't have authority to fire a coach.... That's the gm. Who he told.

Babcock had years of history harassing people and being a horrible person.

Quenneville didn't go over his supervisors head.

You can twist that any way you want.

Quenneville is not responsible for laying charges, for hiring and firing of staff, believe it or not he's not responsible for your McDonald's order either.

Bowman is a gm again believe it or not. He's more responsible here than Quenneville.

you know someone is sexually assaulting people you have responsibility to do what you need to do to stop it. He could have told Bowman to fire him, He could have went to the league. He could have went to the media. He could have went to Beach then and there and went to the cops. He could have done a ton of things that wasn't effectively nothing.

It's not twisting shit. Quennville turned his back on someone sexually assaulting people.

Reactions: odin1981

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
you know someone is sexually assaulting people you have responsibility to do what you need to do to stop it. He could have told Bowman to fire him, He could have went to the league. He could have went to the media. He could have went to Beach then and there and went to the cops. He could have done a ton of things that wasn't effectively nothing.

It's not twisting shit. Quennville turned his back on someone sexually assaulting people.

Beach literally didn't want to go to the media or press charges.

That's the point.

HE DID TELL BOWMAN TO FIRE HIM.

HE DID TELL BOWMAN TO FIRE HIM

There now you can see in one post how many times I've said that.

He literally stormed into an upper management meeting fuming and demanded he be fired.

The league only took action against him for literally not going over Bowmans head. That was stated by Bettman himself.

He respected Kyle's wishes of not wanting to press charges or even be revealed.

It's quite obvious you made your mind up without reading the reports or gathering any true facts. You just decided you were right.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland

That's the point.

He literally stormed into an upper management meeting fuming and demanded he be fired.

The league only took action against him for literally not going over Bowmans head. That was stated by Bettman himself.

It's quite obvious you made your mind up without reading the reports or gathering any true facts. You just decided you were right.

I made up my mind that if you know someone is sexually assaulting people you do something about it. Quennville did as little as humanly possible. You've clearly made up your mind that you're okay with that.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
I made up my mind that if you know someone is sexually assaulting people you do something about it. Quennville did as little as humanly possible. You've clearly made up your mind that you're okay with that.

He actually tried to get the guy fired. And met with beach and talked to him about it. The only thing he did not do according to the report, the lawyers, and the league, was not go above his bosses head.

I'm not making up my mind. I'm staying proven facts.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006

That's the point.

I'm not sure why are you repeating things which are not true. Quenneville only cared about winning Stanley Cup. Athletic had really detailed description of the infamous meeting of Blackhawks higher ups, where they discussed how deal with this. There is no way they've kept video coach against head coach wishes. Nobody from them should have been reinstated, it is shame that Bowman is allowed to be GM again

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
He actually tried to get the guy fired. And met with beach and talked to him about it. The only thing he did not do according to the report, the lawyers, and the league, was not go above his bosses head.

I'm not making up my mind. I'm staying proven facts.

Quennville gave an interview in April that he was unaware Beach was sexually assaulted until the jenner report came out, that he was asked to this meeting you're referring to, and that no one mentioned sexual assault, And that he didn't know why Aldrich was asked to resign.

So, what are your facts? Are your facts that Q was so pissed he stormed into a meeting that he says he was invited into, that he demanded the coach be fired when Q still says he had no idea what was going on, and that Q had no idea why Aldritch resigned?

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

That's the point.

From the Athletic:

Per the Jenner & Block report, “According to the director of human resources, (mental-skills coach James) Gary said that during the meeting, Quenneville appeared angry and was concerned about upsetting team chemistry. … ‘They’ decided to hold off talking to Aldrich about the situation until the season was over.”

In his interview with Jenner & Block, Bowman told the investigators, “After learning of the incident, Quenneville shook his head and said that it was hard for the team to get where they were, and they could not deal with this issue now.” John McDonough, the man with the ultimate power to decide Aldrich’s fate and therefore the worst of all the bad actors involved, said Quenneville was “agitated.”

Quenneville offered little insight to investigators, his memory apparently hazy. Earlier this summer, he said he was unaware of Aldrich’s actions, a statement he inexplicably stood by even after he was placed in the room by the Jenner & Block report.

A month later, according to the report, Quenneville wrote a performance evaluation of Aldrich that said he “did a great job” and “has a way of deflecting and accommodating everyone at once,” finishing by congratulating him on winning the Stanley Cup,
punctuating it with an exclamation point. Three years later, Aldrich was convicted of criminal sexual conduct with a minor in Houghton, Mich.

There's plenty more facts in that report that don't fit with your telling of the story.

Could you reference the part of the Jenner report stating Quenneville told Bowman to fire Aldrich? I'd not heard that before.

Quenneville was essentially uncooperative with the Jenner & Block investigation, not able to remember much of anything. He lied about when he found about the Aldrich assaulting Beach, and doubled down on that lie when the report confirmed he was at the meeting and talked about it.

He's not the only piece of shit in that scandal, but he's still a piece of shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Winger98

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad