GDT: Game 9: Red Wings vs oilers 6:00 pm et 10/27/24

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
Hard to be upset about it. Back to back against a top team you take the point. .500 with their opening schedule is definitely nothing to be upset about, especially considering the bug thats been going around the dressing room.

Thats probably the best game the wings have played this year
A great game on a B2B, but the refs were sort of... shall we say, a little inconsistent, there were a few easy even-up chances they did not call late in the 3rd, that if called, may have lead to a different OT outcome, that's what made me not happy :thumbd: sorry, I refereed for a few years, so when I see a PP team interfere with a defender going for puck that they would get to, I would have called it. But I guess it was Drais' birthday...

Anyway, hopefully the flu bug has wormed its way through everyone and we are starting to see what the team will be.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Weak to blame the game on the refs. Just my opinion. Should have been in the lead earlier.

I'm happy with the point, OT was a let down though being like 10 seconds or whatever.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Pretty much the same as Kane, very small samples they make a play that leads to a goal. But as for 5on5 it's not great.

But Kane I actually have noticed out there even when he's not scoring. Gun to my head I could not tell you one thing Tank did this game. It's like I've got a Tarasenko blind spot or something.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I think will eventually see how valuable Perron was to this team. Crazy how we let him go for Tarasenko.

Idk wtf is going on with this team. But I’m over it. We’re losing key points and these guys are letting these slip away.

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
I think will eventually see how valuable Perron was to this team. Crazy how we let him go for Tarasenko.

Idk wtf is going on with this team. But I’m over it. We’re losing key points and these guys are letting these slip away.
Stick tight till thanksgiving at least pal. We'll have a good read by then...

I haven't had a good feeling about this team all summer but you've got to give them a shot... They're actually still right in the thick of things early.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004

I don't think it should be a surprise how valuable Perron was to the team in terms of puck battles and experience.

In a vacuum I take Perron over Tarasenko for sure. Maybe Yzerman didn't want 2 years of Perron? Which I can understand since he's 36 years old. He's slow as molasses now. Imagine him at the end of next season.

It's early yet but for me it's more how Tarasenko has been mostly invisible.

Reactions: MabusIncarnate

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
I don't think it should be a surprise how valuable Perron was to the team in terms of puck battles and experience.

In a vacuum I take Perron over Tarasenko for sure. Maybe Yzerman didn't want 2 years of Perron? Which I can understand since he's 36 years old. He's slow as molasses now. Imagine him at the end of next season.

He seemed noticeable the first few games, but he seems to be passing up on shots he should be taking...not making excuses for him but something seems off, maybe he was one of the skating flu bug forwards Lalonde referred to...

Anyway, for a Left shot, he is a natural right wing, Newsy needs to play him there, even if it is on line 3. If the flu bug has run its course, maybe the wings can get 4 lines rolling...

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl

Perron was indeed to slow for me to be interested anymore. But they do need guys like that because the board play can be really soft. MBN is a good step but that helps not coming anytime soon.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Well I thought that was Ed's best game, though he could have been much MUCH tougher on Drai on the OT goal.

Great first period, too bad we didn't keep it up the rest of the game.

I think Tank can sit for a bit, as he has done next to nothing this whole season.

Reactions: 13to40

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
That weak penalty call with a little under 2 minutes left basically decided the game.
what decided the game was the fact that we did not give 60 minutes of effort at playing in all three zones and we haven't once this entire season thus far. our goaltenders have been the only players consistently giving effort. this has never been a sustainable model for success and we're at major risk of going on a prolonged skid should that change. until we make meaningful improvements to our defense and overall scoring acuity winning is going to be tough.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Pretty much the same as Kane, very small samples they make a play that leads to a goal. But as for 5on5 it's not great.
Kane looks much better when Copp replaces Tarasenko . At this moment Tarasenko is overpaid third liner , trade him and bring someone from GR instead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad