GDT: Game 71: Columbus at New York Islanders | 3/23 1PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
i will be there on Tuesday. But if this doesn't turn around and the Jackets make the playoffs, I foresee changes next year, with high priced players on the move in an effort to reconstruct and shakeup the roster

The Wiz and Umby both have the No-Trade Clause thingy. Are those names you have in mind? I like them both, buy they seem awfully expensive.

And Commodore is making 1.1 million to play with his horsies this year and next? He's been gone three years, right? Am I missing something?

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
In hindsight, maybe Horton should have taken the entire season off. He doesn't look right at all. The legs aren't there, the physicality is missing and he isn't in to it mentally. He'll be a lot better next season.....I hope.

There was a play with Horton on Thursday where it looked like his shoulder is more like 50 percent. Man, I really hope we aren't on the verge of talking about next season. Really want to see some playoff hockey.

FANonymous

Nov 7, 2010
Young guys gripping the stick too hard? Poor roster decisions? Failure to do anything to improve at the trade deadline? All or none of the above? Your guess is as good as ours.

I'm thinking someone fed the gremlins after midnight.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
Do you guys have any answers? What's up with the Jackets lately? :(

Selling at the deadline, bizarre scratching and line changes, no skill up front outside of 19 and he's saddled with boat-anchor Horton. Defense is so mediocre: They have been all season though. Too much passing, no traffic in front of the net, standing around on the power play, scratching top goal scorers during a playoff run, some really bone-headed and moronic penalties just to name a few issues.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
The Wiz and Umby both have the No-Trade Clause thingy. Are those names you have in mind? I like them both, buy they seem awfully expensive.

And Commodore is making 1.1 million to play with his horsies this year and next? He's been gone three years, right? Am I missing something?

I don't know exactly who will go, but no trades can be waived. Perhaps JJ or Tutyin? Package one with picks? I don't see the CBJ getting younger but I do foresee a re shaping of the roster coming

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2011
Anisimov came back from the Olympics hot and is now back to ordinary. Curious as to everyone thinks.... Was it the energy of the home cooking but being in Russia? Was it having Gabby by his side? Or was it just a coincidental hot streak?

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Any theories as to why team shooting percentage has dropped to such oddly low levels in the last two weeks? We're getting some of our highest shot totals of the season. The Carolina game we dominated, today I was at work and I hear we did not dominate. But the high shots, low goals aspect continues. Why?

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
Anisimov came back from the Olympics hot and is now back to ordinary. Curious as to everyone thinks.... Was it the energy of the home cooking but being in Russia? Was it having Gabby by his side? Or was it just a coincidental hot streak?
He's always been a hot and cold player. No coincidence.

Any theories as to why team shooting percentage has dropped to such oddly low levels in the last two weeks? We're getting some of our highest shot totals of the season. The Carolina game we dominated, today I was at work and I hear we did not dominate. But the high shots, low goals aspect continues. Why?

Shot totals are kinda flawed, we would enter the zone and dump it into Nabokov's chest. I can only recall 2 scoring chances.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
He's always been a hot and cold player. No coincidence.

Shot totals are kinda flawed, we would enter the zone and dump it into Nabokov's chest. I can only recall 2 scoring chances.

I think this has been the situation for the last 3 games. Everyone saying that we were great against Carolina but Khudobin stole it; I didn't buy it then and I still don't. Lots of shots from afar and right at him.

Our shot selection is terrible. Is usually from a mile away,with someone hanging right on them, or from a real bad angle or a weak attempt to cram a rebound through the goalie's pads. I've had *****ed for years about the lack of any real offensive scheme. To me they are rarely in position to receive a pass or one time a shot.
I would estimate that 75% of our goals this year were caroms, rebounds goalie misplays,etc. Our cycle seems to go nowhere-especially in the last handful of games.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Umby's NTC actually expires after this season and becomes a modified NTC. i don't know the exact details.

Keep in mind we also still have compliance buyouts if necessary and are willing to spend the money to make someone go away if they can't be traded.

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
Umby's NTC actually expires after this season and becomes a modified NTC. i don't know the exact details.

Keep in mind we also still have compliance buyouts if necessary and are willing to spend the money to make someone go away if they can't be traded.

Interesting...My theory is DavidLeinen doesn't want Atkinson and Umby around.

I mean why in the hell would you scratch leading goal scorers that have never been scratched before....IN A PLAYOFF PUSH.

Then again...why not wait until after the year is done then dump them.

Or WHAT THE HELL WAS GOING ON!!!!!!!

Either way. Richards will be the fall guy. Either because:

He's a Pejorative Slur

Or he's being pressured by some other Pejorative Slur (Jarmo) to do this.

nhldiedinthe90s*

who farted lol
Sep 23, 2013
On Tuesday Detroit will be playing their 3rd game in 4 nights, so it's a guaranteed win for us, right?

According to some people not only is it a guaranteed win, but Detroit will look like the most lifeless, bored, tired team in the history of organized sport...and this will be totally acceptable for all rational Detroit fans to swallow.

I wouldn't even show up if I had tickets. It's essentially over.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
According to some people not only is it a guaranteed win, but Detroit will look like the most lifeless, bored, tired team in the history of organized sport...and this will be totally acceptable for all rational Detroit fans to swallow.

I wouldn't even show up if I had tickets. It's essentially over.

If you wouldn't even show up if you had tickets, then I sure hope that means you're done posting here as well.

11 games left, anything can happen. This team's been hot and cold all year. Things could just as easily turn around hot as they went cold.

I recall many of the same people giving up are ones that thought Philly was dead with their schedule as well. This team has a tendency to play to the level of competition. Many of the remaining records discussed involved 3-5 losses. So they had one today. Sure, this is one they had to have because it was 'easy' but since we've been in the Islanders position more times than we'd all like, I think we'd understand that today wasn't going to be easy.

The road ahead just got a little tougher, but I'm still convinced this is going to go down to the Florida trip. Sorry to be such a wet blanket on the pity party in here.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
no time to read back thru this thread, tough to watch, guys are seeming to be losing their legs late in the game...its not a lack of a shot issue, we're taking good shots...just not going in...no real answer there...back at it tuesday...

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
I think we need to look at the back end when we are searching for offense, not so much the forwards. Yes the forwards are bad too, but a lot of our issues come from the D not getting the puck to the net, not making good passes out of the zone. They are slow, slow reacting, slow thinking, and not agile. Nobody that can bring the puck up ice, nobody to QB the power play. They are just clumsy with the puck. We don't have a legit 1-2 guy in the organization. I would remake that back end before blowing up the forwards

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
And the power play....that's on the coaches, I will never understand how we have never tried to develop one of our big men into a Holmstrom type. Horton should be parking his big ass 2 inches outside the paint and creating havoc. Umby was doing it for awhile with success and all of a sudden we stopped doing it. Horton, Boone, Umby, Foligno, we have big bodies and they are set up 10 feet from the net. It's maddening

Cash for Nash

May 13, 2012
I think we need to look at the back end when we are searching for offense, not so much the forwards. Yes the forwards are bad too, but a lot of our issues come from the D not getting the puck to the net, not making good passes out of the zone. They are slow, slow reacting, slow thinking, and not agile. Nobody that can bring the puck up ice, nobody to QB the power play. They are just clumsy with the puck. We don't have a legit 1-2 guy in the organization. I would remake that back end before blowing up the forwards

Right on point. Our D needs to get the puck on net at this point. They've been dicking around for a long time.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
And the power play....that's on the coaches, I will never understand how we have never tried to develop one of our big men into a Holmstrom type. Horton should be parking his big ass 2 inches outside the paint and creating havoc. Umby was doing it for awhile with success and all of a sudden we stopped doing it. Horton, Boone, Umby, Foligno, we have big bodies and they are set up 10 feet from the net. It's maddening

its something Josh Anderson is good at...but that's probably 3-5 yrs off

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Right on point. Our D needs to get the puck on net at this point. They've been dicking around for a long time.

They are so slow with the puck, they pass, catch, stick handle and by then the forwards are all over them. No one time shots or passes and they are slow and clumsy moving horizontal across the point to find better lanes. They are all so scared of giving up a breakaway that they over handle it

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
its something Josh Anderson is good at...but that's probably 3-5 yrs off

There will be 12 people in the stands by the time that happens. Anybody know off hand what D will be UFA at the end of this year? We need to break the bank and land a couple of whoever is available.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad