GDT: Game 71: Columbus at New York Islanders | 3/23 1PM EDT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cbus1979

Jan 18, 2014
wow Im trying to stay positive about this season but losing 4 out of 5 in the most critical stretch of the season is hard to take right now.I only know that JD really does know what hes doing and its obvious that he is going to develop the young players for the future and isnt interested in a quick fix to get in the playoffs.I would imagine JD will bring in a new coach next season,and i suspect many of the veterans like umberger will be let go,maybe johnson and or wiz will be traded .

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
wow Im trying to stay positive about this season but losing 4 out of 5 in the most critical stretch of the season is hard to take right now.I only know that JD really does know what hes doing and its obvious that he is going to develop the young players for the future and isnt interested in a quick fix to get in the playoffs.I would imagine JD will bring in a new coach next season,and i suspect many of the veterans like umberger will be let go,maybe johnson and or wiz will be traded .

The future is bright. It just doesn't look like that future includes this season. Yet again.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
I just no longer care if we make the playoffs or not.

I'll have to decide if I watch Tuesdays game or not. I have tickets; I probably won't go. I might watch it on TV because it's a nationally televised game.

If we make the playoff's, that's fine. But I'm not going to invest myself in this team anymore this season. Maybe I'll change my opinion in a few days, but right now I'm done.

After years of watching this team; I can't take a game like this against the Islanders. No one but Atkinson showed up. Tytin was a ****ing joke and he had a few weeks off. I've been defending Horton; but there is no excuse for just being flat invisible night after night.

The PP is pathetic. The PK was lucky tonight on a couple of occasions. Bob stood tall a couple of times or this would have been worse.

To top it off we have fans (at least one) defending the team because of the schedule? Please. That's just pathetic.

I'll be honest; right now I don't care if we beat Detroit or not. If I watch it; it will be mainly because I like hockey.

I completely understand. Last year, they were out of it and fought and clawed their way to the brink on guts and fight. This year, they were in it and pissed it away with passivity and buffoonery. I'll be there, Tuesday, because it's probably my last of the year. I'm expecting to leave unhappy and discouraged.

If, by some incredible chance, they turn it around, I'll come back to this thread to find the low point of my season as a Blue Jackets fan.

99 CBJ

Mar 7, 2009
Columbus
It's not nonsense, what is nonsense is you think he is not plating well. I say he is not playing at all, just floating around and turning over the puck endlessly.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Well, I guess every team has something to play for..............except the Jackets. All of a sudden we are very beatable by even the dregs of the league.

Can't score, giving up soft goals, looks like the same old......well you know what I mean.

I always say, look on the bright side. I will be able to afford that trip to South Carolina in May now that I won't be buying play-off tickets.

I know, I know there are 11 games left. But the way we are choking, and the way the other teams around us are surging, I have little hope that this is turned around.

All is becoming right in the universe again.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'm pretty sure we can't make it to the top 5 but I think 6-8 in the draft is still possible. See another positive view.:sarcasm:

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
I don't know what I'm going to do with my tickets for the rest of these damn games. Right now, I just don't know anymore. I certainly don't have very much desire to go on Tuesday, especially with the possibility to not have to listen to Rimer and Davidge for a night.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Just got done watching the game from dvr. Man talk about not showing up. The lead legs killed em.

jackets4life

Jan 16, 2013
Section 203
It's not nonsense, what is nonsense is you think he is not plating well. I say he is not playing at all, just floating around and turning over the puck endlessly.

I have to agree with you here. The dude isn't just playing poorly, he's not even giving effort the majority of the time.

Speedy Sanderson

Jan 29, 2012
In hindsight, maybe Horton should have taken the entire season off. He doesn't look right at all. The legs aren't there, the physicality is missing and he isn't in to it mentally. He'll be a lot better next season.....I hope.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I'm not pleased with the players. I am really not pleased with the head coach. I'm the least pleased with the front office that were, essentially, sellers at the deadline.

To the players; good luck boys. You've got a head coach with some of the oddest behavior out there and you have a front office that gave you no help. Both players acquired are sitting in the press box. The front office basically let you hang out there to dry.

I started to check out at the deadline. I was really afraid of this when everyone else around us was trying to help their team out and we did nothing. I would rather have kept Gaborik than that ****** return we got for him. Actually the return was fine; it's just wasn't worth losing someone who can create their own offense for that return. Protecting the future? Who give a flying **** about that return?

I don't think we're losing from a lack of trying or even a lack of skill. We're just a bit behind on the developmental side and we have a lot of players not ready for this. An example is Johansen; he's world beater one night then he's invisible for a couple (like today). A team like Detroit; with the losses they have an the lack of skill they have right now are figuring out how to get points. The veteran teams are making the push. We're trying; we just aren't getting it done. This is the hardest part of taking the next step. For the players and for the fans.

EdwardG

Let's Dance!
Mar 17, 2009
Columbus
Hard to watch a team work it's way into playoff position after a bad start and then throw it away in the span of a few games. They're still in it but will need a few teams to cool off and they need to start winning again. Don't give up on them yet.

If they don't make the playoffs this year one of the lessons is that they can't have long stretches of inconsistency... they really dug a hole earlier in the year.

Jorge

Actor,Comedian,Drunk
Jan 11, 2011
Clintonville
I know it's just a game, but waking up and seeing the result of today's contest makes me sad, like when a prostitute gives you a disease and gets away with your wallet at the same time.

At least we own Nationwide Arena. Not many people are ballin like that.
:shakehead F------ hockey :rant:

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Hard to watch a team work it's way into playoff position after a bad start and then throw it away in the span of a few games. They're still in it but will need a few teams to cool off and they need to start winning again. Don't give up on them yet.

If they don't make the playoffs this year one of the lessons is that they can't have long stretches of inconsistency... they really dug a hole earlier in the year.

Speaking for me only. I haven't given up on them. How can you? Then tend to be a resilient bunch. I just don't care if the make it or not.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
The Jackets have averaged 1.2 goals per game over the last five, and the last five have essentially been playoff type games…

Today’s game was one of the most boring and uninspired CBJ games I’ve seen all year, a game they should have won with ease.. if any team is an AHL roster it’s the Islanders..

This Keek guy from Europe blew it at the deadline, how in the hell can you move Gaborik when he’s finally healthy getting zero offense back in return??? I’m not saying Gabby is the complete issue but man, trading him for nothing was a blunder…

The Jackets are still in it but if anyone thinks they are going beat Detroit and Pittsburgh this week scoring 1.2 goals per game they are nuts….

CBJWerenski8

Rest in Peace Johnny
Jun 13, 2009
"So Blue Jackets you are in the playoff picture, how do you plan on getting in?"

BeTc-dlCUAAnj95.jpg

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio
i will be there on Tuesday. But if this doesn't turn around and the Jackets make the playoffs, I foresee changes next year, with high priced players on the move in an effort to reconstruct and shakeup the roster

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad