Post-Game Talk: GAME 7 - YUCK!!!! Ducks score 3 in final 4 minutes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
They didn't play that bad at the end of the 3rd. They forced enough opportunities to get the puck out, but were just terrible at actually getting the puck out when they had possession. Way to casual with the puck.

OT was the worst part. Character wise would like to see better, not looking like you gave up.

Hopefully a good lesson.

Team still looks great. Sure the team will move on from this right away and will look to the future and not dwell too much on it. If only the fans could learn that lesson.

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
Zacha & Coyle just aren’t top centers. It’s as simple as that.

It’s not that they “suck” - it’s that they are a #2/3 at best.
Maybe Poitras s/b inserted on the 1st line and the BRUINS can go back to being a one line offense again.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
My big Red Bullseye is on the games against FL and Toronto coming up. That will give us a much better idea on the season. I expected them to have a good record with the weak early schedule

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
They didn't play that bad at the end of the 3rd. They forced enough opportunities to get the puck out, but were just terrible at actually getting the puck out when they had possession. Way to casual with the puck.

OT was the worst part. Character wise would like to see better, not looking like you have up.

Hopefully a good lesson.

Team still looks great. Sure the team will move on from this right away and will look to the future and not dwell too much on it. If only the fans could learn that lesson.
they kept trying to make cute plays to get a break out or shot on the EN. I don't think anyone tried to just get it out of the zone

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Now, I do think this team did need a kick in the ass and a slap in the face, it's been way too easy for them so far this year. At least they still took a point out of it. But this better wake them up and push them to give an effort going forward.

And the injuries to Lucic and Lauko are really causing ripples since Brown is infuriatingly bad and Boqvist is a complete bag of nothing.

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10
So weird to have Heinen sitting around while Brown and Boqvist are getting games. He's not great, but he's better than they are. He certainly doesn't take that stupid ass penalty. Plenty of blame to go around, but they gave that point to a team that desperately needs another lottery pick. Yuck.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
they kept trying to make cute plays to get a break out or shot on the EN. I don't think anyone tried to just get it out of the zone
I agree.

They had half a dozen chances to clear the puck in the last two minutes and instead of getting it down the ice, they tried to take an extra second to line up a shot at the empty net and repeatedly got stripped.

Super disappointing to lose the game that way, looking for empty netters instead of safe clears. Felt selfish.

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
So weird to have Heinen sitting around while Brown and Boqvist are getting games. He's not great, but he's better than they are. He certainly doesn't take that stupid ass penalty. Plenty of blame to go around, but they gave that point to a team that desperately needs another lottery pick. Yuck.
Yeah it’s really strange unless Henien wants a higher salary and they just don’t have the cap space.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
Interesting face-offs tonight. The centers won several draws but the Ducks wings were able to jump behind our center and pick up the puck for the face-off "win."

The centers won both overtime draws but lost the puck this exact way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
He's hasn't gotten a whole lot of help from the definitely over-rated Lindholm.
true
I really have liked Macavoy since he came in. I thought he would be Norris candidate. Doughty caliber.
So Maybe I had my expectations too high.
But games 5 , 6 and 7 last season the Panthers ate him alive. He will need some stellar play this season for me to get rid of that visual.

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Macavoy is trending towards over rated if he's not already there.
He’s fine. Lindholm is useless in this current state…well…just a mins eater. Carlo and Gryz are okay. Forbort and Shattenkirk are actually playing above their capabilities, which is a problem.

So…half your D isn’t up to par.

Lindholm coming back to life could make it livable.

Reactions: PaulD and Gordoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad