GDT: Game 65: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/25/20 7:00pm EST SNP, TSN2, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Demko starts for Vanouver. And Jordie Benn is a healthy scratch.

Benn: 9 pts (1G, 6A) in 43 GP (2 years @ $2M)
Chiarot: 20 pts (9G, 11A) in 64 GP (3 years @ $3.5M)

Reactions: Habs10Habs

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Time to go on a run, make the playoffs, make it to the finals and then lose since the 4th line will be bad, we'll be missing a top nine scoring winger, and a second or third pairing D!

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
:cheers:I’ve always been a big fan of the Montreal Canadiens outside of Vancouver of course.
It’s absolutely crazy how different the fan bases are compared to like the leafs for example or the Oilers which are by far the most agitating.

The Montréal Canadiens are the only team where I have a jersey of that is not the Canucks, Minus my classic winter classic Pittsburgh Penguins jersey I rock from time to time.

I really hope you guys have a very successful decade, nothing but respect for you guys, Brendan Gallagher for example is one of my favourite players in the league.

Good luck tonight man, I hope you guys enjoy watching Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson Play, they are complete treat.

I’m really looking forward to this game, I still remember all the Habs fans in our building in the lower bowl, funny how much this season has changed since then.

Cheers guys!

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
:cheers:I’ve always been a big fan of the Montreal Canadiens outside of Vancouver of course.
It’s absolutely crazy how different the fan bases are compared to like the leafs for example or the Oilers which are by far the most agitating.

The Montréal Canadiens are the only team where I have a jersey of that is not the Canucks, Minus my classic winter classic Pittsburgh Penguins jersey I rock from time to time.

I really hope you guys have a very successful decade, nothing but respect for you guys, Brendan Gallagher for example is one of my favourite players in the league.

Good luck tonight man, I hope you guys enjoy watching Quinn Hughes and Elias Pettersson Play, they are complete treat.

I’m really looking forward to this game, I still remember all the Habs fans in our building in the lower bowl, funny how much this season has changed since then.

Cheers guys!
I really hated the Canucks back when they had Kesler, Burrows et al, but the new generations, (especially Demko since I have him in my keeper league) have really made watching Vancouver way more enjoyable for me. Good luck and stuff.

GoodKiwi

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2006
Pretty lousy and messy job with the condiments.
At first I thought I was looking at some sort of a "hot dog platter" where they lay two dogs on a plate and drench them in ketchup and mustard.

Reactions: peate

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
They still went through with this?!??? WHAT????????

Thought for sure they'd at least switch the player out for another one, or postpone it.

It's ignorance or arrogance. At this point I'm not sure which one it is.
Nah, it's the right move for a couple of reason. First, they obviously ordered the inventory already, so it isn't like they could just change it last minute since he got sent down. Secondly, if you're advertising a giveaway for a game and then just cancel or change it, it could really piss people off. I'm sure there are a few people that specifically chose tickets to the game today when they were buying in order to get the bobblehead -- I used to do that for Expos games back in the day.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I really hated the Canucks back when they had Kesler, Burrows et al, but the new generations, (especially Demko since I have him in my keeper league) have really made watching Vancouver way more enjoyable for me. Good luck and stuff.
Honestly we had so many agitators on the team, and they did such a good job just pissing off literally everybody, unfortunately or fortunately, those days are long gone, our team is actually quite likable, I think a big part of that is having so many young kids thriving.

A Loyal Demidog

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
Hey Habs,

Canuck fan here looking for a scouting report on your team.

How has Price been?
How is the defence? solid? gives up chances?
Do the Habs play a grind it out game or run and gun
Any forwards that is playing particularly well? Gallagher always seems to play well vs his hometown.

thanks in advance

As for Canucks: they struggle vs grind it out heavy teams but will do well in a run and gun setting.
We are currently giving up a ton of high danger chances and Markstrom has been bailing us out. However with Demko in, i think we will play a more safe defensive game than we are used to.

- obvs youve heard that our young backup is our main guy for the next month or so. Demko is solid but has holes that Markstrom doesnt have,
- Q Hughes is the team MVP. He controls the game on both ends of the ice and will play over 20+ minutes. His flaw is defensive zone board play.

- Top line and PP is carrying the mail for us right now Miller- Pettersson- Tofolli
they draw a lot of penalties too.
- Horvat line will be used to try and matchup with your best top line.

- Canucks have 3 guys in the top 10 for faceoffs. Horvat,Miller, Beagle

good luck tonight, im down for a 3 point overtime game. No injuries on both sides please! Stay healthy and catch the Leafs!
Hello Canuck fan,

Price is solid but not the MVP he used to be because our defense outside of Weber and Petry is absolute trash! Habs have a no quit mentality and will give you a run for your money the entire game. The good thing is they're not that gifted offensively. And another thing to note is the Habs somehow really suck against backup goalies. The forwards to look forward to are Suzuki, Tatar and Gallagher. Everyone else, meh.

Also tonight we celebrate the best of the 2018 draft picks, Kotkaniemi who's presently in the AHL :biglaugh:!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your team kick ass, you've got an excellent group of top young talent, and I wish you guys nothing but the best.

Reactions: Canucks LB

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Hello Canuck fan,

Price is solid but not the MVP he used to be because our defense outside of Weber and Petry is absolute trash! Habs have a no quit mentality and will give you a run for your money the entire game. The good thing is they're not that gifted offensively. And another thing to note is the Habs somehow really suck against backup goalies. The forwards to look forward to are Suzuki, Tatar and Gallagher. Everyone else, meh.

Also tonight we celebrate the best of the 2018 draft picks, Kotkaniemi who's presently in the AHL :biglaugh:!

Anyway, I look forward to seeing your team kick ass, you've got an excellent group of top young talent, and I wish you guys nothing but the best.
I’ve actually wondered about that, what do you the Montréal Canadiens think about their general manager?

No ReGretzkys

May 8, 2018

Cheers guys!
Cheers! Outside of the habs I'm a huge Canucks fan. Help us out with our tank please. Go nucks go

Reactions: Canucks LB

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I turned it on and heard "Carey Price" first thing before the game was started ... I thought they were delivering him the Molson Cup early. lol

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Good at trades, horrible at everything else.
Fair enough.
Jimbo is good at drafting, awful at signings, average at trades.
Obviously the best trade he ever made by a large margin is the JT Miller trade that everybody thought was awful including myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad