GDT: Game 65: Vancouver Canucks vs Montreal Canadiens 2/25/20 7:00pm EST SNP, TSN2, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Tiki-Taki
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
I hope we are lucky tonight.

upload_2020-2-25_16-55-21.jpeg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Once again, we would found a way to f*ck things up like making him play in his draft year. Quinn wouldn't be close to the player he is rn if he was playing with us. I know that Hughes is great, that's not the point.
We overvalue our prospect because they deserve the praise. They are comparable with other teams prospect that actually bloom and ours just never do.

Suzuki is the exception to that rule because he was able to produce even with plugs. Just to point out something to you, Quinn played 3rd pair minutes against the Bruins in their 9-3 win, Hughes has 17 min including the 4min PP which is more than anyone else. Only 13 min 5v5.
You clearly don't see Hughes as great if you think he is Mete 2.0 with us. He absolutely would be a dominant player for us, you are underrating him big time or know nothing about him. He can skate like the wind, has sky high IQ and is uber talented. KK/Mete/whoeverf*** you think comes close to Hughes don't have those traits.

Deserve their praise? If you think KK, Poehling and Mete could have been Barkov, ROR and Hughes with excellent development then you need to watch more hockey. Development doesn't give those guys superpowers man. Why don't you also think Pezzetta can be a Mark Stone?

Just to point something out to you, Quinn Hughes is still 3rd in ice time at even strength for dmen. Idk why you randomly include a dominant game against the Bruins, it makes no sense. He is 2nd in ice time for dmen. He is the Canucks MVP. And something tells me that he could have been getting an excellent role on defense with Chiarot-Mete-Rielly-Kulak-whatever garbage, but IDK that's just me watching Quinn Hughes since he was a prospect, in his d+1 and watching him live.

Somehow Suzuki can do well here but a better player in Hughes can't lol. But ya, our prospects are the best and they deserve the praise of being compared to superstars.

Reactions: Bgav

calderkids

Feb 8, 2020
Make no mistake, we needed LHD also.....but you don’t pick Quinn Hughes at 3 when he’s not slotted to go there.

That’s like this years draft and picking Rossi at 3.......
Benning at Judd had Q in their top 3. Watch bennings face when the wings took Zadina its hilarious. TBH I think KK at 3 was more of a stretch then Q at 3 considering who was still left for the Habs to pick. That being said I hope both teams end up with a star since I'm a fan of both teams. I remember watching the draft hoping the Nucks would land Q especially since there was a huge group of people here who wanted Dobson, Bovqist or Bouchard. As for MB potentially ruining Hughes, the kid and his Dad along with Benning made the choice to go back to college but him staying was weighed and almost bappened. If he did stay I don't think it would have ruined him since the Kid is one of those rare breeds that knows what he needs to do to get better and could have done that anywhere imo.

Reactions: jaffy27

calderkids

Feb 8, 2020
Doubt that Hughes alone takes us to a playoff spot. Talk to me when both players are 21-23 age range. Right now, Hughes is ahead but you don't expect movement up/down with both players to come which is weird.
Well your acting like Quinn has reached his peak. The Kid has went from a really good prospect in Oct-Dec and then has found another level when the games get harder and kids are supposed to hit a wall.
He is 2 points back of third for all D in scoring while being capable of top-line shut down minutes. When Petey was a rookie last year, most of us thought that was the future and we wouldn't see a rookie season like that here for a long time. You ask most Nuck fans who is more important and having a bigger impact, majority will say Q. He just keeps having a knew high water mark every game. The fact that he's having a far better season to Dahlin in his rookie year compared to Dahlin's sophomore season nevermind his rookie season while only being 6 months older and a hell of a lot smaller is something that nobody but maybe Q and his family could ever have hoped for.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

calderkids

Feb 8, 2020
Once again, we would found a way to f*ck things up like making him play in his draft year. Quinn wouldn't be close to the player he is rn if he was playing with us. I know that Hughes is great, that's not the point.
We overvalue our prospect because they deserve the praise. They are comparable with other teams prospect that actually bloom and ours just never do.

Suzuki is the exception to that rule because he was able to produce even with plugs. Just to point out something to you, Quinn played 3rd pair minutes against the Bruins in their 9-3 win, Hughes has 17 min including the 4min PP which is more than anyone else. Only 13 min 5v5.
Q is used as a shut down pair with Tanev. In games like the one against the Bruins Greene will spread the minutes around but in close games Q plays as much as 27 mins a night, like he did against the Wild. Even our top line is often playing less than the 4th line. Sometimes it works, other times you see things like Boston scoring 2 quick goals because the 4th line can't get a goddamn puck out of the zone.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
It all depends on what you mean by slotted to go there. If you mean slotted by our crack team of super-duper scouts, okay but
iIf you mean slotted by Bobby Mac or the drafting services, who cares.
As in I’ve seen Zero mocks, Zero experts, Zero TV shows who had Q. Hughes at 3

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Shucks, thanks guys. I rarely get to see the first and we're actually headed to the game tonight.

First, enjoy!

Second, I hope you get there early because line-ups to get your ticket scanned and then the mob in the hallways usually delay people from getting to their seats in time.

Reactions: Tyrus

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Record with mentioning 1st period beer before the 1st starts: 2-2-0. Leaving .500 territory tonight --- Flying Monkey's Hoptical Illusion. Cheers.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Although those hot dogs look damn good. And they do taste real good, too.

I do acknowledge that summer BBQ style hot-dogs are almost part of who we are, and I recognize they taste good.

From where I stand though, unless most of what you do is eat out, it's a lot more enjoyable for peeps on a budget to pay half of what that guy paid for his plate & drink -- and make out with a pint size craft beer plus a great dish.

When you buy in bulk and plan accordingly, you end up "paying" about $6 for steak frites and $3.50 for that beer @ LCBO (cheaper in QC). That's $9.50 man, and I'm a lot happier going through that stuff than 2 small dogs and a coke. That striploin was made love to before it went in. Still enjoying that beer, too.

Bouffe 013.JPG

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I do acknowledge that summer BBQ style hot-dogs are almost part of who we are, and I recognize they taste good.

From where I stand though, unless most of what you do is eat out, it's a lot more enjoyable for peeps on a budget to pay half of what that guy paid for his plate & drink -- and make out with a pint size craft beer plus a great dish.

When you buy in bulk and plan accordingly, you end up "paying" about $6 for steak frites and $3.50 for that beer @ LCBO (cheaper in QC). That's $9.50 man, and I'm a lot happier going through that stuff than 2 small dogs and a coke. That striploin was made love to before it went in. Still enjoying that beer, too.

View attachment 326911

That does look damn delicious.

groovejuice gives us the dishes. You give us the bargains.

Reactions: Roadhouse
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad