GDT: Game 65: Columbus vs. Detroit | 3/11 7PM EDT

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wait. So you're suggesting that assessing an injury situation should be done on a case-by-case basis instead of making a blanket assessment on everything?

You're silly.;)

Do you see over yonder, friend Bee, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them. With their spoils we shall begin to be rich for this is a righteous war and the removal of so foul a brood from off the face of the earth is a service God will bless.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
Do you see over yonder, friend Bee, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them. With their spoils we shall begin to be rich for this is a righteous war and the removal of so foul a brood from off the face of the earth is a service God will bless.

Unless, of course, those hulking giants are the long rumored and much feared Hockey Gods and, for your hubris, your favorite teams are condemned to eternal damnation and torment by their despised minions in The War Room.

It could happen.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Why? The team has played great the last 2 games, physical and with edge, why go back to what wasn't working? I'm not blaming it all on Cam, but we play our best when we are checking, fighting, and playing hard nosed hockey. We can't out-finesse anyone. I love the way Comeau and Tropp have played and I wouldn't touch the lineup.

You may recall that this team had a pretty good record with Cam in the lineup as well.

Dispatch Mind Control seems to have sold a few of you on the idea that Cam=cancer for some reason. Hell, I've read comments about wanting to ship him out since before the deadline.

I guess no one remembers Joey going through similar scratches...gotta love long term fixes to a short term problem!

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
ca5150, while you are cheap shooting our young players like Cam, how many goals does St. Joey have since the Olympic break?

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
You may recall that this team had a pretty good record with Cam in the lineup as well.

Dispatch Mind Control seems to have sold a few of you on the idea that Cam=cancer for some reason. Hell, I've read comments about wanting to ship him out since before the deadline.

I guess no one remembers Joey going through similar scratches...gotta love long term fixes to a short term problem!

NOW LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING ABOUT CAMMY ACKERMAN. DOWN THE STRETCH AND INTO THE PLAYOFFS, YOU NEED TOUGH GUYS. THEY DON'T NEED TO FIGHT, BUT THEY NEED TO BE TOUGH. WHADDA YA SEE EVERY TIME YOU LOOK ON THE STANLEY CUP? A BUNCHA GOOD OL' BOYS FROM ONTARIO AND THE PRAIRIES. BACK IN SPOKANE, I PLAYED WITH A GUY NAMED SANDY AND A GUY NAMED BEV AND ANOTHER NAMED CONNIE, AND THEY WERE THE THREE TOUGHEST SONS A GUNS IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE. THEY DIDN'T HAVE A DAY OF COLLEGE IN 'EM, AND I'M PRETTY SURE BEV WAS ACTUALLY ILLITERATE. WE SHOULDA WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT YEAR, BUT OUR GOALIE WAS A FRENCHIE FROM QUEE-BEC SO YOU KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE A DISASTER.

BUT THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THESE COLLEGE BOYS. THEY'D RATHER TIE A SWEATER AROUND THEIR NECKS AND GO SAILING ON A YACHT THAN GO INTO A CORNER AND GET THE PUCK. AND IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA GO INTO THE CORNERS, THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO PLAY IN SWEDEN BECAUSE THEY'LL LOVE YOU THERE.
(/CherryRant)

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
With the compressed schedule, it might be good to get Cam back in the lineup and let some other guys take a turn upstairs.

CBJ Tiffin

Jan 2, 2011
NOW LEMME TELL YA SOMETHING ABOUT CAMMY ACKERMAN. DOWN THE STRETCH AND INTO THE PLAYOFFS, YOU NEED TOUGH GUYS. THEY DON'T NEED TO FIGHT, BUT THEY NEED TO BE TOUGH. WHADDA YA SEE EVERY TIME YOU LOOK ON THE STANLEY CUP? A BUNCHA GOOD OL' BOYS FROM ONTARIO AND THE PRAIRIES. BACK IN SPOKANE, I PLAYED WITH A GUY NAMED SANDY AND A GUY NAMED BEV AND ANOTHER NAMED CONNIE, AND THEY WERE THE THREE TOUGHEST SONS A GUNS IN THE WHOLE LEAGUE. THEY DIDN'T HAVE A DAY OF COLLEGE IN 'EM, AND I'M PRETTY SURE BEV WAS ACTUALLY ILLITERATE. WE SHOULDA WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP THAT YEAR, BUT OUR GOALIE WAS A FRENCHIE FROM QUEE-BEC SO YOU KNEW IT WAS GONNA BE A DISASTER.

BUT THAT'S THE PROBLEM WITH THESE COLLEGE BOYS. THEY'D RATHER TIE A SWEATER AROUND THEIR NECKS AND GO SAILING ON A YACHT THAN GO INTO A CORNER AND GET THE PUCK. AND IF YOU'RE NOT GONNA GO INTO THE CORNERS, THEN YOU MIGHT AS WELL GO PLAY IN SWEDEN BECAUSE THEY'LL LOVE YOU THERE.
(/CherryRant)

Friggin' classic.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

(/CherryRant)

Tell that to the Americans who won Gold in Lake Placid, 1980... The NCAA is pushing Jrs. hard, esp since the NCAA kids get a degree if they choose... No doubt the ONTARIO AND THE PRAIRIES guys are some of the best in the world but I would never rule out the boys in our American college system.. it's getting good.

thebus2288*

You can't hate on Mickey Redmond.

But happy to see that nobody thinks Jenner, Foligno or Anisimov are part of the problem anymore or think they should be scratched. Atkinson thing is stupid. He should be playing.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
I'm wondering what Robert would have answered if he was Swedish.

It's so strange you mentioned that.... I'm actually 50% Swede, my great, great grandfather Nelson moved to Frewsburg NY from Smaland, Sweden during the great Swedish immigration to the USA in 1850.... (look it up)

Most Swedes went to Minnesota but a few went to Western New York... I'm one of their descendants.. As for the post about Swedes I was close to responding but didn't, your post was almost scripted for me.. thanks. ;)

bizzz*

It's so strange you mentioned that.... I'm actually 50% Swede, my great, great grandfather Nelson moved to Frewsburg NY from Smaland, Sweden during the great Swedish immigration to the USA in 1850.... (look it up)

Most Swedes went to Minnesota but a few went to Western New York... I'm one of their descendants.. As for the post about Swedes I was close to responding but didn't, your post was almost scripted for me.. thanks. ;)
I recalled that I heard something about your Swedish heritage a few years ago :) :
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=6521718&postcount=236

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
What's classic is the conclusion that the Dispatch is trying to do "mind control" to get you to believe that Atkinson is a "cancer". "These are not the droids you are looking for".

I might have to amuse myself by reading this thread again and finding out who thinks Atkinson is a cancer. I didn't see anything in the Dispatch article about a cancer; nor do I remember reading anything in the weekly chat. If someone has anything on the Dispatch about Atkinson being a cancer, I would love to see it.

Oh I'm sure there are a few around here that aren't sold on Atkinson; but I doubt they came up with that because of the Dispatch. The players are being watched by the Front Office and, at some point, someone we like is going to leave the team for an upgrade or to fill a "need". I doubt we're just going to wait on the farm system to tweak this team. Cam might be one of those guys. I think RJ is still more likely, but take a close look at the roster.

At any rate, great game. Amusing that we got accused of cheating to win.

Daunting game tonight. Let's see if we are up to the task.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Let's not forget that Cam has shown that he can play, and score in this league. I think the lesson that he is being taught is that he needs to bring it every night. Cam's problem is that he seems to take nights off.

He is young, and probably is still learning the "head" issues of playing in the NHL. He will learn from this.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Tell that to the Americans who won Gold in Lake Placid, 1980... The NCAA is pushing Jrs. hard, esp since the NCAA kids get a degree if they choose... No doubt the ONTARIO AND THE PRAIRIES guys are some of the best in the world but I would never rule out the boys in our American college system.. it's getting good.
:whaaa?:

Just another example of how Canada doesn't respect the Blue Jackets, I guess. :dunno: :shakehead
that was sarcasm, right? sarcasm in response to sarcasm. right? right? please somebody assure me of this. i need assurance.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC
For myself, I'm not going to try and read a lengthy post in all-caps.

ac;dr

What am I missing? What does "ac;dr" mean? What's so hard about reading all caps? Is this a position of moral outrage about which I was not informed?

How can I ramp up indignation without sufficient information? (am I busting a rhyme, now?)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
What am I missing? What does "ac;dr" mean? What's so hard about reading all caps? Is this a position of moral outrage about which I was not informed?

How can I ramp up indignation without sufficient information? (am I busting a rhyme, now?)

My own personal variation on tl;dr - which is internet forum speak for too long didn't read.

Not indignant at all - just all caps is difficult for me to read.

Like how I don't read posts that refer to players by their numbers. I only have so much mental energy, pete.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
What's so hard about reading all caps? Is this a position of moral outrage about which I was not informed?

Two things.

1. It is hard to read; especially if create a wall of text (run on sentences, one or two paragraphs, etc). A lot of all-caps, wall of texter's tend to be totally illiterate (intentional or not).
2. They tend to be drama queens (not in this case); idiots (or trolls) just looking for attention.

As far as majormajor's comments (uhh... thanks DSL for quoting); I completely understand why MB does it. It's called role-playing. That's been done on the Internet since the dawn of time (from the Internet's perspective). As far as Don Cheery. Yes, I've heard him and, sadly, it is not something I can take back. All I can do is avoid him and those idiotic clothes. The Mild and the Rangers are my two least favorite team; I'd rather support them to listen to Cheery for 30 seconds.

I do enjoy MB's rants; but they work just fine without the all-caps so I actually read the whole thing. Generally I just ignore it after the first sentence.

As far as the game. We came; we cheated :)sarcasm:), we won! That is all.

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Incorrectly used or just plain random ellipsis is my internet pet peeve. I stop reading those. All caps only bothers me when it is unintentional. MB's post was hilarious, and caps in that instance were clearly intended for the shouting effect. When people type texts or posts in all caps for no apparent purpose, it sucks.

RE, DR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad