BRUINS GDT Game #62 Boston Bruins at New York Islanders. UBS Arena Elmont, NY 7:30 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
mc-laughlin-group.gif

• Haha
Reactions: smithformeragent

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Not one single guy on this roster should be untouchable. No leadership from our captains and core
I was asked by a coworker who is from Toronto but isn't a huge hockey fan if marchand was th Captain material. He deserved it sure, but I think honestly he's an A not a C. Going from Chara to Bergy was seamless, Bergy didn't wear the C for that long but he was a captain for years in reality, marchand isn't made of the same cloth. I love him, he's an amazing player, as is pasta but neither are captains in my opinion. I hope macavoy can fill that role Bergy and chara occupied for so long. This team needs a kick in the ass. The guys with anger need to get mad (Freddy comes to mind) and they need to play with more pride.

I know the league is shifting towards skill and speed but the playoffs still need physicality and anger. Building for regular season success is useless, they lack grit.

Reactions: KrugAvoy

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Kasper's second season was actually statistical worse. 47 losses, 61 points.

Lewis' season had "only" 41 losses (lol), and 76 points.

Still probably a lot less career long losers on the Kasper team though.
The Lewis team was on the upswing.

Chara and Savard brought instant credibility.
They had some young pieces.

The Kasper Bruins were the result of a slow and steady roster rot.

Reactions: lextune

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
Just to irritate everyone further, the 2011 Bruins lost game 55 1-6 against the Wings at the Garden.

This team still sucks and they should all have to walk home in the rain tonight. Just figured some perspective would help ensure our board denizens don't commit arson or something tonight.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

NeelyOrr

Dec 23, 2018
Central NY
I still believe in Don. The roster is deeper and better than it has business being given the cap crunch he was in.

I begrudgingly gave Monty a second chance after he blew the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in the first round. After the hot start this year I would've given more leeway but since Thanksgiving this team has been underperforming in all aspects, coach has to go.
Monty would probably be the first coach fired from a team who has a .744 points percentage during his time there.

Reactions: BTO
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad