GDT: Game 61 - Seattle Kraken @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, March 5th, 2024 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I find it hard to believe that anyone would find this place toxic. The occasional "NeedToRideHer" and bouncing boobs is really childish but a long way from toxic. You hang out with boys and you get used to it or you stop hanging out with them. Either way, the problem solves itself.

Eventually, you find a find a boy who knows when to turn the childishness on and off and you gravitate to them until they turn into men. And then they realize that women are attracted to them when they're not being jerks and everyone begins to benefit.

Oh, I agree. I would love to be able to return to the days before PC went so far. But I recognize the offensiveness that some perhaps hyper-sensitive women see in a lot of relatively harmless material.

They see it as objectifying women. Who am I to tell them that that reaction is invalid?

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Never underestimate men with little boy mentalities. I've seen the identical picture with at least three different messages. I've also been the victim of similar photoshops on FB. To be fair, one of those was done by a particularly horrid girl in Surrey.
Sorry to hear you were a victim of it. You've proved my point, at how social media and the ability to doctor pretty much anything has brought out the worst in people and thus society in general. I was kind of shamed online on one of those nasty gossip sites (someone used my name to join in on an attack of ex-gf of mine) and it was a very shitty experience. She at least knew it wasn't me and the site has since been banished to internet hell.

Last edited:

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
Well, since we're talking about being offended....I feel the responsibility to point out that this looks remarkably like a "bouncy castle" and may trigger some more sensitive members of our audience, possibly including, but not limited to politicians. :sarcasm:

Go Jets go, yay hockey. Might have to drink some rum during the game. Usually a beer guy, but our opponent makes me long for rum when we play them. Not sure why.
Have you tried the dark roast version of Kraken? Delicious stuff and putting it over ice cream is incredible.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Never underestimate men with little boy mentalities. I've seen the identical picture with at least three different messages. I've also been the victim of similar photoshops on FB. To be fair, one of those was done by a particularly horrid girl in Surrey.
It's funny.. I have two teenage daughters and I have always imagined having to deal with some boy treating them like shit or causing them heartache (flexes muscles and opens the gun safe....)

But it's been my experience that other girls are much more likely to be hurtful

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
What exactly is toxic on this forum?
The only thing I can think of is the negatively when the Jets are winning. I understand if they were losing nobody likes losers and the negative stuff is warranted but no one cares ... we are here because we love our Jets hockey team.
Do women really gets upset over Baywatch scenes?
If there was a grif of a guy bouncing in a speedy I would be killing myself laughing.
People need to relax more and enjoy life.
You have a healthy philosophy, but while I can't find anything toxic in here that doesn't mean that other people will. We all have different perceptions.

I get turned off by the constant, droning negativity in here but everyone else elevates Sip to the status of folk hero.

I get turned off by the circular arguments about coaches or players ("is so!" "is not!") which go on and on and remind me of my thankfully brief babysitting days.

I don't get upset over Baywatch scenes, mostly because I never watched it, but I do get bored with the childishly slathering reactions from boys who've probably never seen a naked breast in their life.

I don't mind seeing a guy in a speedo but I do get upset at the mean and homophobic reactions it brings out in many insecure men.

I do agree that people need to relax more and for fox sake get off her soapbox and focus more on hockey.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
You have a healthy philosophy, but while I can't find anything toxic in here that doesn't mean that other people will. We all have different perceptions.

I get turned off by the constant, droning negativity in here but everyone else elevates Sip to the status of folk hero.

I get turned off by the circular arguments about coaches or players ("is so!" "is not!") which go on and on and remind me of my thankfully brief babysitting days.

I don't get upset over Baywatch scenes, mostly because I never watched it, but I do get bored with the childishly slathering reactions from boys who've probably never seen a naked breast in their life.

I don't mind seeing a guy in a speedo but I do get upset at the mean and homophobic reactions it brings out in many insecure men.

I do agree that people need to relax more and for fox sake get off her soapbox and focus more on hockey.
I find Sip does it in a way that's pretty amusing, more like your favorite uncle that would tease you than being outright hostile as some can get

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
It's funny.. I have two teenage daughters and I have always imagined having to deal with some boy treating them like shit or causing them heartache (flexes muscles and opens the gun safe....)

But it's been my experience that other girls are much more likely to be hurtful
Definitely.

Compared to the vicious comments and veiled threats that you hear in the girls' washroom, having your ankles broken is exceedingly tame.

Damn, I really need to remove this link from my laptop so I can actually get some editing done here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad