GDT: Game 61 - Seattle Kraken @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, March 5th, 2024 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I don't know why "we have lost some women" but there's a variety of reasons. Boredom with the same circular arguments, fading interest in hockey,..

[Homer voice]Yeah! See! It's not an us problem! It's a them problem. Women are cray-zee![/Homer voice]

:laugh:

Reactions: The Blue Baron

SUX2BU

User of an ad-infested forum
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
thanks mac for the fraiser GDT

Let put it to the quad long shot grande in a venti cup half calf double cupped no sleeve salted caramel mocha latte with 2 pumps of vanilla substitute 2 pumps of white chocolate mocha for mocha and substitute 2 pumps of hazelnut for toffee nut half whole milk and half breve with no whipped cream extra hot extra foam extra caramel drizzle extra salt add a scoop of vanilla bean powder with light ice well stirred.... oh by the way, I have a free reward Krakens

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
All I know is that if the Jets go on a 10 game losing skid after this, we're gonna have to revisit the "bouncy tits gif" topic

On a somewhat serious note, what about using the "spoiler" function with a warning that NC-17 content is behind it?

That way, people who don't want to look don't have to

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I'm curious about the ratio of likes on a post like that vs the number of complaints. Always one or two Karens getting bent out of shape and ruining (mostly) innocent fun for everyone else

This isn't a shot at the mods, they're doing what they have to
I find it hilarious the complaining about petty things in today's world gets top priority but major issues are totally ignored.

All I know is that if the Jets go on a 10 game losing skid after this, we're gonna have to revisit the "bouncy tits gif" topic

On a somewhat serious note, what about using the "spoiler" function with a warning that NC-17 content is behind it?

That way, people who don't want to look don't have to
Hey ... I'm a goat lover and a find your avatar offensively.:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
There are five other women in here that I know of, three of whom do not reveal their gender. There may be lots more because of just the lifelong safety habit of hiding your gender online.

I don't know why "we have lost some women" but there's a variety of reasons. Boredom with the same circular arguments, fading interest in hockey, busy with other things (I don't have a job (sigh) so I don't know how the rest of you find time in here). It's not a given that the boys' room "drove them away", especially when for some of us that's part of the attraction. (I've been in tons of "girls room" and quickly left the toxic ones.)

I probably have a cogent argument in here somewhere but my tummy is rumbling and the cafeteria sometimes sells out of my favourite choices.

There are many reasons why people leave the boards. I suspect that SOME women have left because they found it toxic. But no idea of who or how many, etc. They don't say why they are leaving. They don't usually even announce that they are leaving. They just stop being here. Plenty of men have done the same.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

Well, since we're talking about being offended....I feel the responsibility to point out that this looks remarkably like a "bouncy castle" and may trigger some more sensitive members of our audience, possibly including, but not limited to politicians. :sarcasm:

Go Jets go, yay hockey. Might have to drink some rum during the game. Usually a beer guy, but our opponent makes me long for rum when we play them. Not sure why.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
There are many reasons why people leave the boards. I suspect that SOME women have left because they found it toxic. But no idea of who or how many, etc. They don't say why they are leaving. They don't usually even announce that they are leaving. They just stop being here. Plenty of men have done the same.
What exactly is toxic on this forum?
The only thing I can think of is the negatively when the Jets are winning. I understand if they were losing nobody likes losers and the negative stuff is warranted but no one cares ... we are here because we love our Jets hockey team.
Do women really gets upset over Baywatch scenes?
If there was a grif of a guy bouncing in a speedy I would be killing myself laughing.
People need to relax more and enjoy life.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Well, since we're talking about being offended....I feel the responsibility to point out that this looks remarkably like a "bouncy castle" and may trigger some more sensitive members of our audience, possibly including, but not limited to politicians. :sarcasm:

Go Jets go, yay hockey. Might have to drink some rum during the game. Usually a beer guy, but our opponent makes me long for rum when we play them. Not sure why.
I've got a shirt for that...

20210511_224312.jpg

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Why is it the oldest always affected by the flu the most

Is this a real question ?

Old and the very young are at risk to viral immune challenges…

Very young due to undeveloped/ naieve immune systems…

The old due to compromised immune systems because of aging and/ or sickness/health challenges…

Crosby… ? Due to propping up subpar teammates for too many years… :sarcasm:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
What exactly is toxic on this forum?
The only thing I can think of is the negatively when the Jets are winning. I understand if they were losing nobody likes losers and the negative stuff is warranted but no cares ... we are here because we love our Jets hockey team.
Do women really gets upset over Baywatch scenes?
If there was a grif of a guy bouncing in a speedy I would be killing myself laughing.
People need to relax more and enjoy life.

I'm talking about the pinup pictures mostly. The toxicity of that is in the eye of the beholder. Then there are the comments those pictures draw. It is no different than the sexy calendars in the workplace. They aren't allowed anymore because a lot of women found them offensive.

You can say they are being too sensitive if you like. They can choose to be offended - and leave.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Kinda on topic since were talking about how being offended has become an olympic event...

We had an incident at my daughter's U15 playoff game last week... as a team building event, the girls came to the rink early early and made signs on poster boards that we taped up on the glass.

Anyway, one of the signs read "watch your ankles, we might break them"

For anyone who is unfamiliar, that's a common term in sports where someone gets decked out so badly that they get their feet crossed up... think this:

Anyway, some Karen mom from the other team was giving one of our moms shit about the sign and said it was "offensive and violent". Since I was standing nearby and lack the ability to keep my mouth shut, I went over and nicely explained the meaning of the phrase and that we weren't talking about sledgehammers here

She responded that she was still offended, to which I replied "well, that's YOUR problem".

The sign stayed up (she took pictures and was going to send them somewhere to "report us") and I didn't end up in a scrap in the parking lot, so it was a good outcome. Plus our girls knocked them put of the playoffs that night lol

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Speaking of signs this is funny … made by women.
View attachment 829827
That was long ago debunked as photoshopped, although their original sign was fairly vulgar anyways "I wish I only got 2 minutes for hooking", something like that. Not saying the original offends me, I just dislike fake viral stuff on social media, it's a huge reason why society has been going down the toilet.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
That was long ago debunked as photoshopped, although their original sign was fairly vulgar anyways "I wish I only got 2 minutes for hooking", something like that. Not saying the original offends me, I just dislike fake viral stuff on social media, it's a huge reason why society has been going down the toilet.
Never underestimate puck bunnies

Reactions: Stumbledore

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
I find it hard to believe that anyone would find this place toxic. The occasional "NeedToRideHer" and bouncing boobs is really childish but a long way from toxic. You hang out with boys and you get used to it or you stop hanging out with them. Either way, the problem solves itself.

Eventually, you find a find a boy who knows when to turn the childishness on and off and you gravitate to them until they turn into men. And then they realize that women are attracted to them when they're not being jerks and everyone begins to benefit.

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
Never underestimate puck bunnies
Never underestimate men with little boy mentalities. I've seen the identical picture with at least three different messages. I've also been the victim of similar photoshops on FB. To be fair, one of those was done by a particularly horrid girl in Surrey.

I find it hilarious the complaining about petty things in today's world gets top priority but major issues are totally ignored.

Hey ... I'm a goat lover and a find your avatar offensively.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
I don't think complaining about petty things gets top priority so much as petty things can be changed but the major issues are impossible to change.

And I knew somebody would get his goat....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad