GDT: Game 61 - Seattle Kraken @ Winnipeg Jets - Tuesday, March 5th, 2024 - 7:00pm CST - TSN3 - CJOB/Power 97

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
“A man can live here, just like anywhere else. Know who croaks first? The guy who licks out bowls, puts his faith in the sick bay, or squeals to godfather "...

A. Solzhenitsyn from his novel, One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich
im happy for you

or , sorry that happened?

• Haha
Reactions: WolfHouse

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Seems like the GDT got spicy earlier. I wished for a moment I could see all the posts and responses but then I came to my senses.

Congratulations to everyone who quit smoking and stayed quit. I had to make several attempts but finally quit for good 25 years ago this summer after starting when I was 14. Best decision ever :)

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Anybody interested in the origin and meaning of the name Inanna?

OK, didn't think so. Short version, Mesopotamian goddess of love, war, and fertility.

As an aside, I already knew, but that's because I'm a nerd who played Dungeons and Dragons, so you get familiar with the gods and goddesses of ancient civilizations.

*cue the nerd memes*

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
As an aside, I already knew, but that's because I'm a nerd who played Dungeons and Dragons, so you get familiar with the gods and goddesses of ancient civilizations.

*cue the nerd memes*

nerdzone.gif

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Seems like the GDT got spicy earlier. I wished for a moment I could see all the posts and responses but then I came to my senses.

Congratulations to everyone who quit smoking and stayed quit. I had to make several attempts but finally quit for good 25 years ago this summer after starting when I was 14. Best decision ever :)

TLDR version: should HFBoards Jets be a site where you need to look over shoulder to scroll at work or in front of your kids? My vote is no, but there was no clear winner in the debate.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
TLDR version: should HFBoards Jets be a site where you need to look over shoulder to scroll at work or in front of your kids? My vote is no, but there was no clear winner in the debate.
Could you really not look at the pic of the girls running down the stairs in front of your children? You see more skin watching the Jets hand out the jackets after a big win.

At work - maybe surf from your phone. ;)

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
Okay, finally caught up on the last ~8 pages of posts...

I suddenly feel the compulsion to apologize to anyone who may have become offended by my childish humour. I generally try to keep it light and funny without offending people, but sometimes I do go too far.

Therefore, my sincerest apologies if anyone was offended by something I posted.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
My circle of friends include many that I work with thru the years at various times and places and at gatherings someone always brings out a specific event that sparks some weird converastions
One time, we were cruising down town and saw this lady sitting in her car fully flickin' da bean and I thought... lucky!

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB

I suddenly feel the compulsion to apologize to anyone who may have become offended by my childish humour. I generally try to keep it light and funny without offending people, but sometimes I do go too far.

cosmo_spacely_s_anger_issues_by_zacharynoah92_dc1sq9z-pre.jpg

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON

There you go again, sharing your feelings all over the place!

Reactions: Stumbledore

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I've been neutral on this session letting it play out...

Facing reality and being honest and encouraging discourse in a non-threatening environment leads to better environments and understanding between individuals even if the individuals have very clear and demonstrated differences; those different persons learn through this discourse to co-exist effectively, appreciate and support each other... it's called real civilization...

Or "I have a Dream"... it could be Hockey's Future Jets...

dream.gif

GeorgeJETson

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
There you go again, sharing your feelings all over the place!

Well, I've always been too emotional... just like a 2 year old but I guess that explains the temper tantrums and training underwear...

• Haha
Reactions: Inanna

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
One time, we were cruising down town and saw this lady sitting in her car fully flickin' da bean and I thought... lucky!
I'm all for getting in touch with yourself but I'm an even bigger fan of discretion. Unless she was advertising her new commercial opportunity.

Reactions: Stumbledore

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011

Oh hey I like boob pics as much as the next guy who isn't Jet ( :laugh: ) but I'm perfectly happy with a cheesecake free GDT. I think it's gone too far myself. Maybe lets objectify inanimate objects as good luck charms instead? How bout some nice car pics or something? :D

Inanna

Liberal Arts Instructor
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
Barrie, ON
I've been neutral on this session letting it play out...

Facing reality and being honest and encouraging discourse in a non-threatening environment leads to better environments and understanding between individuals even if the individuals have very clear and demonstrated differences; those different persons learn through this discourse to co-exist effectively, appreciate and support each other... it's called real civilization...

Or "I have a Dream"... it could be Hockey's Future Jets...

View attachment 829925
You went to that play at RMTC, didn't you?

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020

<fart sounds>

Reactions: Buffdog

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Yeah, but don't you think his reputation grows and improves over time?

You tend to forget the games he cost us by his roving out of position.

Yeah, I remember disliking him for his bad D the first couple of years. IMO, he improved after having been banished to RW for a while - and I became more aware of the whole package that he brought.

Comparing him to Josh I think they scored at similar levels. Buff was higher over his career but Josh was held back for a long time, so I call it near equal. But Buff typically scored more G, which I value a little higher than A. Then there was the effect of his physical presence. I wouldn't call him a goon, but he was intimidating. I'm skeptical that Josh is actually more valuable but I think he is better defensively than Buff was so I can see the argument.

This is an interesting topic and I hope some of our more expert posters will wade in.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
I'm all for getting in touch with yourself but I'm an even bigger fan of discretion. Unless she was advertising her new commercial opportunity.
I think in her mind, she was being discreet. The head back and feverishly flailing arm though, they sold her out.

• Haha
Reactions: Inanna

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Oh hey I like boob pics as much as the next guy who isn't Jet :)laugh:) but I'm perfectly happy with a cheesecake free GDT. I think it's gone too far myself. Maybe lets objectify inanimate objects as good luck charms instead? How bout some nice car pics or something? :D

I like boobs too...

Here's one...

sipowicz-head.jpg

Just joking @sipowicz ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad