GDT: Game #6: LEAFS vs STANLEY CUP CHAMPS | Sat, Oct 13 7:00 PM EST | CBC HNIC, NHLN-US, NBCSWA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

kesleaf

Mar 3, 2011
This is such a poor mentality to have.

Matthews is off to a historic start, and we aren't supposed to talk about it? That's bull****.

Are their bad apples among this fanbase? 100%. There are bad apples in every fanbase. For the past decade, we have taken the crap from other fanbases because we were a bad team. We sat through the tons of negative threads made by other teams fans.

Now that it's time to be positive about the team, we aren't supposed to? Because it bothers them?

Give me a break.

Agreed 100%.

The jealousy among the other fan bases is blatantly obvious. A loaded Leafs team doing so well...Awwww yeahhhhh Go leafs Go.

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
The Kadri line really needs to step up tonight!

True we've been beating lesser teams to this point, but we've also been doing it with two lines. The next stretch of the schedule really requires "all hands on deck."

Reactions: Alerion

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
One thing worrying me about the Caps last game is that they were dominated.

Not just dominated on the score sheet and were pressing the rest of the game but were outright dominated in every way right from the start.

They are going to come out angry and flying tonight while the Leafs are playing their 5th in 8 at the end of a road trip.

I will be VERY impressed if we pick up the win tonight and this team is capable of doing it with Washingtons inferior defense and our scorers hot. Anderson is the key and I challenge him to lose his "October Freddy" tag.

BTP

Apr 28, 2013
Leafs play down to their opponents, I expect we match a pissed off Washington team tonight. Leafs 4-3 win

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
Ottawa beating LA 4-1

Dont look like the worst team ever like many predicted.

member 300185

It would be an incredibly poor decision for William Nylander to not play in the NHL this year. He's either signing, or traded prior to the December 1st deadline.
Right. And soon he will be pass the point of no return. He has already lost a ton of money. If he gives in an signs, say late November, then he will have wasted all that time and money for nothing. He may go to Sweden and play.

Leafs are in the drivers seat 100%. They have an extremely valuable tradable asset. Dubas can sit and wait or start taking calls.

Fact is, Leafs don't need him. They have shown that through 5 games. A win tonight puts incredible pressure on Nylander. This game can be the tipping point.

I predict that if the Leafs get a win tonight, Nylander will cave within a week. Anything past that and we can forget about Nylander this year....because like I said, he will be past the point of no return.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
“I’m not like those other Leafs fans.” :rolleyes:

Why shouldn’t we talk about Matthews? He’s off to a fantastic start and is the youngest player to score multiple points in his first five games. Don’t blame us for bringing it up, the NHL itself did.

If this had been McDavid or Eichel or MacKinnon or Barkov no one would be telling those fan bases to shut up. If anything they’d turn it around and accuse any Leafs fan that was criticizing them (which is exactly what they’re doing now) is just jealous. The poll board would also have a thread comparing Matthews to the latter three.

because Matthews is a Leaf.
that's all it is

if he was anything else it would be okay. and if someone says this is victim wallowing i'm gonna smack them. you know it's true.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

True we've been beating lesser teams to this point, but we've also been doing it with two lines. The next stretch of the schedule really requires "all hands on deck."

Really? Washington for instance has scored 7 fewer goals but has only 2 fewer goals against than the Leafs.

The next set of teams have been playing like bubble teams as well. Our bottom lines have been playing well, but have been line matched. Hell, I've seen our 4th line matching against other team's 1st lines, especially after power plays. The reason why our top players are doing so well is the power play and the confusion of who to line match. Eventually they will have to actually put their shutdown players on one of the top 2 lines. We'll see scoring from the bottom then.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
To be fair, LA isn't that great either, and the Marlies could of scored 4 goals on Jack Campbell today :laugh:

LA, like Winnipeg have zero offence so far this year, hopefully we'll get to them and the Jets before either team's scorers wake up. Not to mention that the Senators have no incentive to tank as well.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
It will be good to see this team finally have a big test. Hoping for a Kadri goal tonight and the legends of Matthews and Reilly to continue!

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Also nice we do not have to worry about Tom Wilson coming around and killing any of our stars!

Koolboss

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

Babcock should remove the pylons from that line but yes that line has been bad

Leafsman

May 22, 2008
Really? Washington for instance has scored 7 fewer goals but has only 2 fewer goals against than the Leafs.

The next set of teams have been playing like bubble teams as well. Our bottom lines have been playing well, but have been line matched. Hell, I've seen our 4th line matching against other team's 1st lines, especially after power plays. The reason why our top players are doing so well is the power play and the confusion of who to line match. Eventually they will have to actually put their shutdown players on one of the top 2 lines. We'll see scoring from the bottom then.

Use whatever reason you want but the Kadri line has not contributed at all offensively.

I would agree the 4th line has contributed to the possession game and getting offensive zone starts plus even some powerplays. They are definitely contributing more than what you would expect from a 4th line. But this doesn't make up for what we're lacking from the Kadri line. I'd like to see Brown dropped to the 4th line or even the press box and Johnsson put in his place. This line needs an offensive spark. Brown is great and all and likely one of the best backcheckers, but likely because they're always losing possession and having to backcheck more than any other line.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I've been looking forward to this game for a while now, maybe a week or so. Hoping the boys play well and win!

Reactions: Al14

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I'd like to see Brown dropped to the 4th line or even the press box and Johnsson put in his place.

What has Johnsson done to demonstrate he'll provide the *spark* so far that Brown hasn't so far this year? At some point opposing coaches will realize that they can't afford to neutralize the third line if that means either of our first lines get free reign. That's when you'll see it start lighting it up. They've certainly had a lot of near misses hit posts and crossbars thus far.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
To be fair, LA isn't that great either, and the Marlies could of scored 4 goals on Jack Campbell today :laugh:

5-1 in the end.

Poor Sens fans needed some good news though and after 5 games they are in a playoff spot, handed the hated Maple Leafs their only loss and are ahead of the Karlsson led Sharks in the standings.

I know it wont last and I like to see the Sens lose usually but I feel a weird solidarity with the level of bad management they are dealing with....still want to crush them when we play them of course. 10-0 if possible.

Leafsman

May 22, 2008
What has Johnsson done to demonstrate he'll provide the *spark* so far that Brown hasn't so far this year? At some point opposing coaches will realize that they can't afford to neutralize the third line if that means either of our first lines get free reign. That's when you'll see it start lighting it up. They've certainly had a lot of near misses hit posts and crossbars thus far.

I thought Johnsson really came alive in that last game before he was scratched. He really started skating and his passes were much more on point. I'm tired of watching this line do nothing, may as well try something new.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I thought Johnsson really came alive in that last game before he was scratched. He really started skating and his passes were much more on point. I'm tired of watching this line do nothing, may as well try something new.

If you're watching the line doing nothing, then you aren't watching. I've seen plenty of chances, including near goals for Brown, Leivo and Lindholm, not to mention Kadri's crack off the crossbar on Thursday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad