GDT: Game #6: LEAFS vs STANLEY CUP CHAMPS | Sat, Oct 13 7:00 PM EST | CBC HNIC, NHLN-US, NBCSWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
This should be a tough test early in the season. Let’s see how we measure up. Boston got spanked 7-0. Hopefully we have a better result.

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
This should be a tough test early in the season. Let’s see how we measure up. Boston got spanked 7-0. Hopefully we have a better result.
And then Washington got spanked 6-0 by the Devils. If we show up and play to the level we're capable of, we take this.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
I read somewhere today that even at 4 goals a game against, we're only 8th worst in the league. Early season numbers man, they're f***ed

Reactions: DarkKnight

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Last season we would play playoff teams during the season very tight and have the offence simmer down a bit.

Just like how this team has the tendency to play sloppy vs basement teams lol

I expect a better D performance. Offense will find a way.

Kadri should/might have a bigger role this game due to his toughness

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Last season we would play playoff teams during the season very tight and have the offence simmer down a bit.

Just like how this team has the tendency to play sloppy vs basement teams lol

I expect a better D performance. Offense will find a way.

Kadri should/might have a bigger role this game due to his toughness
Of course he should. We don'ts even have that much tough suckas out there. We needs to be that killa type. Glad WIlson is out, he would have destroyed that p like power real bad. Kadri, Hyman, huge responsilibity tonight. Nice to see whom scores more tonight. We might score 8 or 5, they might score 4 or 7.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Regardless of tonight's outcome it should help the team get some focus on what the upper tier teams are like this year.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I know it sounds weird, but I don't fear any team because we have Tavares now lol.

Having TWO top 5 centers in the NHL can flip a game with the snap of their fingers, teams must **** their pants at the thought of it.

You can never really take your foot off the pedal against them.

Reactions: Pi

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
People keep saying we're in for a rude awakening, will if you look at the stats, Washington is actually a lot worse than the leafs in giving up regular and high danger scoring chances.

Reactions: Pi

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
I think the rude awakening is in regards to making small errors and we’ve been lucky enough where those chances haven’t been converted because it’s against more unskilled teams. The caps have the potential to turn all those small errors into scoring chances/goals for them.

I’m looking forward to the game and how the team answers playing a team just as hot as they are offensively so far.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Finally the Leafs get a playoff team and the champion to boot as real competition, after slicing through non-playoff and cellar dwellers for the last 5.

This will be a test to see if Leafs rise to the level of their competition.

25 GF [5 goals for/per game avg] and 20 GA [4 goals against/per game avg] makes the Leafs the best offensive and worst defensive team out of the gate simultaneously.

= Exciting success offensively and hot mess defensively.

I read somewhere today that even at 4 goals a game against, we're only 8th worst in the league. Early season numbers man, they're ****ed

these two posts are contradictory. Which one is the right way of looking at it?

:sarcasm:

;)

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
People keep saying we're in for a rude awakening, will if you look at the stats, Washington is actually a lot worse than the leafs in giving up regular and high danger scoring chances.

The trolls would definitely come out of the woodwork if the Leafs lose this one even if it is a close game. “Leafs lose to first playoff team they face”

We’ve played better than our goals against suggest right now. SV% has to go up soon, SH% will go down.

Reactions: Leafidelity

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
The trolls would definitely come out of the woodwork if the Leafs lose this one even if it is a close game. “Leafs lose to first playoff team they face”

We’ve played better than our goals against suggest right now. SV% has to go up soon, SH% will go down.
Also, 4 of our 5 first games were on the road. To come out of that road trip 4-1 is pretty damn good, regardless of the level of those teams.

SniperOnTheWing

Apr 28, 2017
Nah. We got this. Good luck to your Avs. They're gonna need it.

I'm not an Avs fan. I'm a Leafs fan from Nova Scotia who happens to like MacKinnon as one of my favorite hometown players.

Having a different avatar makes it easier to separate myself from the hordes of trolling Leafs fans who make this fanbase look bad all over the other boards with the incessant Matthews talk and whatnot.

If the reality check doesn't come tonight in particular it will soon. We're going to be facing a stretch of actual competitive teams now and I'm not letting the red hot start convince me that we're invincible. The first weeks/month of the season never paint the whole picture and I'm proceeding with caution. That's all.

HoBOonFiRE

Nov 8, 2009
Oshawa
They better - WAS is going to come out pissed after that atrocious showing they put out last night vs NJ. We won't be fortunate to have Copley to deal with, so we better jump on them before they do it to us.
To be fair Copley was really good in that game vs the devils. It could have been alot worse

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
The microscope on the Leafs is ridiculous.

Why aren't people freaking out about Philadelphia letting in 8 goals the other day? Washington lost 6-0. Carolina beat the Rangers 8-5.

The mainboard hate is real and I absolutely love it.

Inject it into my veins.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada

Go Reilly... that'd be awesome. Either way he's been great.

Also I like those changes. Ennis has been invisible and no surprise with Oz back in. Johnnson has had some time to think about It, hopefully he comes through now tonight.

Reactions: smitty10
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad