GDT: Game #6: LEAFS vs STANLEY CUP CHAMPS | Sat, Oct 13 7:00 PM EST | CBC HNIC, NHLN-US, NBCSWA

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Makes sense. Don't want to sit Johnsson forever. But that fourth line has looked solid. So just swap out Ennis and see how it goes.

Should be a good matchup in this game.

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I'm not an Avs fan. I'm a Leafs fan from Nova Scotia who happens to like MacKinnon as one of my favorite hometown players.

Having a different avatar makes it easier to separate myself from the hordes of trolling Leafs fans who make this fanbase look bad all over the other boards with the incessant Matthews talk and whatnot.

If the reality check doesn't come tonight in particular it will soon. We're going to be facing a stretch of actual competitive teams now and I'm not letting the red hot start convince me that we're invincible. The first weeks/month of the season never paint the whole picture and I'm proceeding with caution. That's all.

“I’m not like those other Leafs fans.” :rolleyes:

Why shouldn’t we talk about Matthews? He’s off to a fantastic start and is the youngest player to score multiple points in his first five games. Don’t blame us for bringing it up, the NHL itself did.

If this had been McDavid or Eichel or MacKinnon or Barkov no one would be telling those fan bases to shut up. If anything they’d turn it around and accuse any Leafs fan that was criticizing them (which is exactly what they’re doing now) is just jealous. The poll board would also have a thread comparing Matthews to the latter three.

Last edited:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Go Reilly... that'd be awesome. Either way he's been great.

Also I like those changes. Ennis has been invisible and no surprise with Oz back in. Johnnson has had some time to think about It, hopefully he comes through now tonight.

I'm looking forwards to a Reinhart kind of year from Rielly. Been a long time since we've had anything resembling a ppg defenceman. McCabe in 2006 was the only one who's come close since the Salming/Turnbull years.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Having a different avatar makes it easier to separate myself from the hordes of trolling Leafs fans who make this fanbase look bad all over the other boards with the incessant Matthews talk and whatnot.

This is such a poor mentality to have.

Matthews is off to a historic start, and we aren't supposed to talk about it? That's bullshit.

Are their bad apples among this fanbase? 100%. There are bad apples in every fanbase. For the past decade, we have taken the crap from other fanbases because we were a bad team. We sat through the tons of negative threads made by other teams fans.

Now that it's time to be positive about the team, we aren't supposed to? Because it bothers them?

Give me a break.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I'm not an Avs fan. I'm a Leafs fan from Nova Scotia who happens to like MacKinnon as one of my favorite hometown players.

If the reality check doesn't come tonight in particular it will soon. We're going to be facing a stretch of actual competitive teams now and I'm not letting the red hot start convince me that we're invincible. The first weeks/month of the season never paint the whole picture and I'm proceeding with caution. That's all.

Could be a while yet. Chicago is the only team we'll have faced in our first 10 games (from how any of these teams are playing) that's actually acted like a competitive team so far in this young season as a whole. The rest have been playing like bubble teams that haven't dealt with their early season flaws as yet.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm looking forwards to a Reinhart kind of year from Rielly. Been a long time since we've had anything resembling a ppg defenceman. McCabe in 2006 was the only one who's come close since the Salming/Turnbull years.

Brian Leetch had 15 points in 15 games for us! :sarcasm:

It still bothers me that McCabe wasn't even a Norris Candidate in 05-06. Lidstrom was the winner all the way, and Neidermayer gets there on his name alone, and I guess Zubov just nudged McCabe out as the third candidate, so it's understandable, but people undervalue how impressive that season by Kaberle and McCabe were.

Heck, if McCabe plays the 9 games he missed, he's probably at 75+ points, and is a candidate.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

Like these moves. Marincin didn't do much to earn a chance tonight, and Ennis is likely on a short leash so he has to bring is every game. He didn't really do it that much on Thursday. Also gets AJ back in after a couple games off.

Hopefully AJ comes out and plays well.

Reactions: Burnie97

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Brian Leetch had 15 points in 15 games for us! :sarcasm:

It still bothers me that McCabe wasn't even a Norris Candidate in 05-06. Lidstrom was the winner all the way, and Neidermayer gets there on his name alone, and I guess Zubov just nudged McCabe out as the third candidate, so it's understandable, but people undervalue how impressive that season by Kaberle and McCabe were.

Heck, if McCabe plays the 9 games he missed, he's probably at 75+ points, and is a candidate.

It's funny because Zubov is the guy who is underrated from that era, not McCabe.

dosages

Oct 16, 2017
The microscope on the Leafs is ridiculous.

Why aren't people freaking out about Philadelphia letting in 8 goals the other day? Washington lost 6-0. Carolina beat the Rangers 8-5.

The mainboard hate is real and I absolutely love it.

Inject it into my veins.
Tampa losing 4-1 to Canucks and nobody says anything but people cry saying the leafs have a easy schedule.. not like they choose who they play, they just have to beat the team they are facing.

Reactions: Tracer Bullet

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Glad Johnsson is in, especially for Ennis. Gauthier has impressed me so far. I hope he can carve out a role with the leafs.

Johnsson needs to go back to the gritty fast player he was with the marlies. He's in the 4th line tonight. Go out there and try to cause havoc with your speed and get under the skin of the opponent.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
It's funny because Zubov is the guy who is underrated from that era, not McCabe.

I never said he wasn't.

Just looking at that specific year, not the era.

Kaberle and McCabe were arguably the main reason the team was even close to the playoffs.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Love to see Johnsson get a chance with Kadri.

Marleau Matthews Kapanen
Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Brown
Lindholm Goat Leivo

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Love to see Johnsson get a chance with Kadri.

Marleau Matthews Kapanen
Hyman Tavares Marner
Johnsson Kadri Brown
Lindholm Goat Leivo

I sorta want to see Marleau back with Kadri TBH

Johnsson - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Lindholm - Gauthier/Ennis

When Nylander comes back, you move Brown to Line 4, and Nylander slots in there, OR Nylander back with Matthews, and Kappy goes on Line 3.

Reactions: HappyGilmourr

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
I never said he wasn't.

Just looking at that specific year, not the era.

Kaberle and McCabe were arguably the main reason the team was even close to the playoffs.

I never said you did. Just making an observation.

member 300185

Yea, our top 3 lines are decent. But our 4th line is AHL calibre. Caps get last change and that 4th line is going to be eaten alive. Hopefully Babs keeps their minutes under 8.

member 300185

I sorta want to see Marleau back with Kadri TBH

Johnsson - Matthews - Kapanen
Hyman - Tavares - Marner
Marleau - Kadri - Brown
Leivo - Lindholm - Gauthier/Ennis

When Nylander comes back, you move Brown to Line 4, and Nylander slots in there, OR Nylander back with Matthews, and Kappy goes on Line 3.
To be honest, all things looking like he won't play this year. He only has until December 1st to decide then he cant play regardless.

I think he may be done here and he will be dealt soon enough.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
To be honest, all things looking like he won't play this year. He only has until December 1st to decide then he cant play regardless.

I think he may be done here and he will be dealt soon enough.

It would be an incredibly poor decision for William Nylander to not play in the NHL this year. He's either signing, or traded prior to the December 1st deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,600.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium