GDT: Game #57 - Blues@Oilers - 6:30 PM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Not sure how Edmonton didn't pay that price for Tanev to fix their 2nd pair. The more I watch that pair the more I think thats the biggest move we need to make because Nurse gets completely dragged down by Ceci.

Nurse partner > Top 6 forward > Bottom 6 centre > 1B goalie for me. I could handle their current goalie situation if they acquired the first 3.
Calgary will not do any favors for Edmonton. In other words, Tanev or any other Calgary player will not be coming here unless there is multiple 1st at least going to Calgary

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
For the record Skinner hasn't played well enough recently, but there's been a considerable drop off in defensive effectiveness of the Nurse-Ceci pairing lately as well, and its largely due to Nurse not being able to prop Ceci up anymore. He's the obvious weak link they need to upgrade on along with a top 6 winger.

If they added a better 2nd pair RD and Buchnevich I would be very happy with our deadline.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Calgary will not do any favors for Edmonton. In other words, Tanev or any other Calgary player will not be coming here unless there is multiple 1st at least going to Calgary
I doubt it. People over blow this idea way too much especially when the Flames aren't a contender.

GrumpyKoala

Aug 11, 2020
Getting a goalie give you 60 minutes of upgrade.
Upgrading Ceci only get us improved for 20 minutes a night.

Something to consider

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Not sure how you can blame him on either goal. Our team didn’t show up at the start of the game again, with Draisaitl taking a penalty and Nurse watching the Blues best player just walk in and blast one while he lamely turned sideways and stuck his stick out pathetically. On the second both Nurse and Ceci chase after the guy behind the net while McDavid is late to his man, the dangerous Bucnevich. Meanwhile, other than the Hyman goal, the Oilers are launching with muffins at Binnington or peppering his crest.
Second goal you'd like a big moment stop. Team coverage on both goals was dog shit. Team finally showed up after ten minute mark and hopefully start tilting the ice against a team that played last night. Pitiful though to let the Blues Travellers dictate the game early and Oilers obliging with a dumb penalty.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
McLeod is looking to challenge Brown for the most useless forward crown

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers lead the NHL is scoring chances per 60 in all situations... and are 18th in shooting % on those scoring chances.

This Oilers team isn't shitty... but they sure play shitty often.

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
Getting a goalie give you 60 minutes of upgrade.
Upgrading Ceci only get us improved for 20 minutes a night.

Something to consider
I'd keep Ceci. Trade Kulak so we can be three pairings deep. No, not Broberg... go out and get Provorov. Broberg can be part of the package to get Provorov.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad