GDT: Game 55: Washington Capitals vs Montreal Canadiens 2/17/24 7:00pm EST SN, City, TVAS, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
@sheed promised Newhook 10 crates of cod cheek from his shed, if Hooker scored tonight.

Pay up, b'y.

r4KUrwP.gif
Since it's Saturday I ate pan fried cod cheeks again tonight and had Newhook over for supper and that's why he scored tonight b'y. He loves his pan fried cod cheeks and sweet mustard pickles. :)

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Crap only Newhook has jump. What a boring period.
I guess I can live with Xhekaj and Newhook goals over the Pezetta and Belzile goals we were getting last season.

On a side note I'm fairly certain Garry Galley called someone...

1708221442815.jpeg

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
People are too hard on him. He was actually pretty good in the first couple of months this season too. His cap his is irrelevant to us and he still plays hard in front of the net. Yes of course he makes too much money but who cares?
That's how I feel. His contract may hurt the team in a couple of years when they're trying to compete, but for now it really doesn't matter. I doubt anyone would be too shocked if he finishes the contract on the LTIR anyway.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I don't hate Gally. I respect his career. He's just really frustrating at this point. No longer has stamina and no longer can shoot or pass.

You're allowed your opinions and can feel as you like. I get the frustration. I was just noting my own.

His contract is hard to swallow, and watching him now vs what he once was is depressing.

I've just washed my hands with it as he he ain't going anywhere.

I don't think he's as bad as he's made out to be, it's only in relation to his contract and former self that he truly sucks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Sucks that pictures and gifs aren't showing up of late. To anyone who might know, is there some ongoing issue that HF is working on or is it just from high traffic?

Also is there a Photoshop thread hiding somewhere on this board for us to upload PS pictures and stuff to keep them in one thread and making them easy to find in the future?

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
People are too hard on him. He was actually pretty good in the first couple of months this season too. His cap his is irrelevant to us and he still plays hard in front of the net. Yes of course he makes too much money but who cares?
Nah I was hard on Pleks for playing safe as milk, but still had some skill left, gally is now trying hard as ever but its all behind him now. As a little guy our bodies break down pretty badly pretending to be as tough as the big guys. He is really going to feel it in his 40's. But he has been taking some bad penalties trying to keep up or still be an agitator. On pace for 14 goals and about 28 points. I mean sure Decent for a bottom 6 guy, but not so much for a guy still on the PP regularly.

If he was on the 4th line as an "energy guy" no one complains but like breezeby who made 4.75 million, when you are signed as the top winger outside caulfield with a 6.5 cap and being paid 9 million next year!!!! it does matter to other guys, especially other guys on the team who look at effort/skill/pay. The youth don't want to 'pay their dues' not when they know their talent is far higher and you never know when your gally like play may come to be regular.

You only have so many years and I doubt a lot of managers will be like "sure this guys is pretty much accident prone for 3 seasons, but lets sign him to a huge very bad structured contract on the backend of his career. " AT least not going forward.

Look at all the other guys we "picked on" like DD or Bourque, DSP or whomever and those guys where not top paid player. Pay matters, and sorry but what have you done for me lately is also a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad