GDT: Game 53: CC-Suzuki-Slaf vs the Anaheim (Not so Mighty) Ducks: Tues. Feb. 13, 7 PM | TSN2, RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
When Suzuki and Caufield have been with eachother and no one else, they haven't been as effective. And a lot of those goals weren't 5 on 5. And I was more alluding to playoffs. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just saying that I'm more right lol. He can definitely thrive without them, but he would do so much better with one of them as evidenced by the last two seasons
I mean, Slaf’s a beast. He’s going to make your line better no matter what. If they want to keep Slaf with Nick that’s cool. But I think you want to give one of those wingers to Dach. If it’s CC that’s fine.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I think you do the same thing with him as we did with Slaf. Play him in the top six.
Slaf is a no. 1 overall pick that needed to improve strength, timing, and awareness as an 18 year old. Apples and oranges. I like Roy but he's just not a dominating force like Slaf is. He's a very smart player though but needs to play with more pace. I'd love to see him progress on a third line. He's only 20 remember. Still tons of time and he wouldn't have been called up if not for the injuries let's be honest

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
I mean, Slaf’s a beast. He’s going to make your line better no matter what. If they want to keep Slaf with Nick that’s cool. But I think you want to give one of those wingers to Dach. If it’s CC that’s fine.
Yeah I think Dach would make elite players around him better but if he's playing with people who either can't finish or aren't explosive, then such an asset would be a waste. Newhook is the third piece of a line not the second

Reactions: waitin425

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Slaf is a no. 1 overall pick that needed to improve strength, timing, and awareness as an 18 year old. Apples and oranges. I like Roy but he's just not a dominating force like Slaf is. He's a very smart player though but needs to play with more pace. I'd love to see him progress on a third line. He's only 20 remember. Still tons of time and he wouldn't have been called up if not for the injuries let's be honest
I think if you have a guy who’s a top six talent, you develop him on the top six.

Look what happened with CC and Slaf. That’s how you develop talent.

Besides, who else elate we going to put there? Anderson? Gallagher? The slot is open. A line of say… Dach, Cc and Roy would probably be pretty good. Or they could put him with Suzuki. Either way…

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Anaheim's been having injury issues since 2019?
This year theyve had a lot of injuries, their top two Cs, their top D (Minty), they top W, Zegras..
Last year they lost Terry, Henrique, Lundy, Drysdale
The year before all the names above + Zegras, Getzlaf, etc.

Theyve been struggling with injuries a lot.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
I think if you have a guy who’s a top six talent, you develop him on the top six.

Besides, who else elate we going to put there? Anderson? Gallagher? The slot is open. A line of say… Dach, Cc and Roy would probably be pretty good. Or they could put him with Suzuki. Either way…

Agreed.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016

Besides, who else elate we going to put there? Anderson? Gallagher? The slot is open. A line of day… Dach, Cc and Roy would probably be pretty good. Or they could put him with Suzuki. Either way…
If Dach was in the lineup right now, you're absolutely right. But I'm banking on and assuming that Hughes gets an elite talent either at the draft or via trade and that player plays in the top 6. Roy is definitely better than the available options but if he's your best option, that's a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad