Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! Flyers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I hear fans in Edmonton daily... 'I just want to still be in the playoff race at christmas' they say

I hear fans in Vancouver and calgary sometimes... 'just make the playoffs... give us some playoff hockey please'

I used to hear fans in toronto... cant we win a round?

I used to hear fans in Washington, st louis and san jose… why cant we get past these teams and at least make the finals?

and I hear fans in places like boston, la, and Chicago... our window is closing we need 1 more cup before we break things up

the definition of mediocre will move like goalposts on a field... but no matter how much success a team has fans will always say we didn't do enough

sinden got us to cup finals in 88 and 90... but he was too cheap to win anything

this team won a president trouphy but lost in first round of playoffs... not enough

we led the league in goals... but we don't play exciting hockey

doesn't matter... none of it matters... if this team loses a game in jan in ot to philly… it doest matter

we will always say its not enough

My issue is the 2 big holes does not allow us or Bruins to see what this team really is.Sweeney is collecting paycheques.Earn them.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
I still can’t figure out how to post gifs but at this rate we need Jack Nicholson knocking on the door saying, “Hey, Buffalo!”

Reactions: Estlin

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I hear fans in Edmonton daily... 'I just want to still be in the playoff race at christmas' they say

I hear fans in Vancouver and calgary sometimes... 'just make the playoffs... give us some playoff hockey please'

I used to hear fans in toronto... cant we win a round?

I used to hear fans in Washington, st louis and san jose… why cant we get past these teams and at least make the finals?

and I hear fans in places like boston, la, and Chicago... our window is closing we need 1 more cup before we break things up

the definition of mediocre will move like goalposts on a field... but no matter how much success a team has fans will always say we didn't do enough

sinden got us to cup finals in 88 and 90... but he was too cheap to win anything

this team won a president trouphy but lost in first round of playoffs... not enough

we led the league in goals... but we don't play exciting hockey

doesn't matter... none of it matters... if this team loses a game in jan in ot to philly… it doest matter

we will always say its not enough

I think moreso in Boston than most cities? Why? Because
Boston is a highly successful sports town..This is what they live in that city
Celts.. greatest basketball franchise of all time
Pats ..awesome greatness ...best of all time
Red Sox( their spending helps) very successful in the last what decade
Bruins a cup in 2011-12

Bruins have their work cut out...like it or not

Boston is a demanding tough sports town.....I Like it

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Please don’t use Harry Sinden as an example on how to run a franchise.

I’m begging you.....
Not using him as an example of how to run anything , just pointing out that he held players accountable which this GM and Coach refuse to! Chara is cooked but Sweeney will bring him back if he wants to play another season. We need to rid our back end of guys who can't skate, pass, and shoot!
Chara can't skate or pass and won't shoot.
Carlo cant pass or shoot but can skate
Miller can't skate, shoot, or skate!
Krug can skate and shoot but can't pass unless on PP.
Gryz can skate and pass but shoots like a 10 year old.
Mac can skate and pass but can't or won't shoot.
Campfer is a waste of a spot on the bench.
I don't know what the coach does with this mess but if it stays like this going into the POs , if we make them but if it stays as is we are out very early and you can bet that Mr Burns will not be happy with the lack of PO revenue. Maybe this will be the straw that gets Sweeney or Butch or both canned and if so I hope that Sweeney doesn't empty the cupboard for another FA loser that doesn't help us any!

Reactions: Strafer

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
My issue is the 2 big holes does not allow us or Bruins to see what this team really is.Sweeney is collecting paycheques.Earn them.

I just had the wonderful opportunity to join some very smart hockey fans in a keeper sim league for ehm… I recommend to every single person here to do this... more fun that can be explained.

but also an education... I wanted bruins and ex bruin players and I was trading away guys like Tavares, kane, gaudreau... and quite a few others

id ask for backes… hes important to me im told
id ask for lucic… hes important
id ask for chara... give me 2 first round picks...

I thought I was asking for guys a gm would be happy to trade just to get rid of unwanted contracts and everyone was telling me no.

I was able to deal kane for 4 first round picks... Tavares and gaudreau for kids and picks...

but trying to get anyone at all that could help a team now... was nearly imposible

I ended up with around 14 first round picks in the next 4 drafts so I should have one hell of a team by 2026... but how many fans will be happy to wait that long?

getting players that can help now... isn't as easy as you might think when the other team is trying to keep those players too

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
I think moreso in Boston than most cities? Why? Because
Boston is a highly successful sports town..This is what they live in that city
Celts.. greatest basketball franchise of all time
Pats ..awesome greatness ...best of all time
Red Sox( their spending helps) very successful in the last what decade
Bruins a cup in 2011-12

Bruins have their work cut out...like it or not

Boston is a demanding tough sports town.....I Like it

agree but Toronto hasn't won anything in 50 years that they care about... and their level of arrogance is almost unmatched if they string together 2 regular season game wins in a row

pretty much only Vancouver can equal Toronto... and they won even less in the last 50 years I think

so... boston gets a bit of a break from me cause yes their standard of exceelence is high... but I find obnoxious fans everywhere whether they win or not

fan is short for fanatic

and that's all you need to know... fanatics are not required to be reasonable people by definition

Reactions: Boston Bandit

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I still can’t figure out how to post gifs but at this rate we need Jack Nicholson knocking on the door saying, “Hey, Buffalo!”

Just above the Reply box where you type is a bar with symbols. Bold, Italics, Underline, Text Size, etc.

Look for the one that looks like a landscape painting of 2 hills beneath the sun....or moon....whatever.

Click on that and it will ask you to paste the URL of the picture you want to use. Hit the Insert button and it will appear in your Reply box.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I just had the wonderful opportunity to join some very smart hockey fans in a keeper sim league for ehm… I recommend to every single person here to do this... more fun that can be explained.

but also an education... I wanted bruins and ex bruin players and I was trading away guys like Tavares, kane, gaudreau... and quite a few others

id ask for backes… hes important to me im told
id ask for lucic… hes important
id ask for chara... give me 2 first round picks...

I thought I was asking for guys a gm would be happy to trade just to get rid of unwanted contracts and everyone was telling me no.

I was able to deal kane for 4 first round picks... Tavares and gaudreau for kids and picks...

but trying to get anyone at all that could help a team now... was nearly imposible

I ended up with around 14 first round picks in the next 4 drafts so I should have one hell of a team by 2026... but how many fans will be happy to wait that long?

getting players that can help now... isn't as easy as you might think when the other team is trying to keep those players too

Hey I am fine with that idea and you will have a great team by then I am sure, but when I see Zborils and Senyshyn instead of Connor, Boeser ,Barzal ,Chabot Svechnikov,Konecny,Beauvillier and SebastionAho, can we really trust the process?

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
For all his OT winners. I have to believe that Marchand has cost us just as many with his boneheaded laziness and stupid plays in OT....
That was a really stupid penalty and he is lucky they did not tack on another two for unsportsmanlike for the f-bomb rant on the way to the box and then in it with the door open.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Sigh...Just in.

I really wanted a win tonight.

Sunday vs the Caps will be difficult....I guess there is always hope.

Goodnight B's fans.
That seems to be all we have right now Ladyfan , hope . This time last year the Bruins were absolutely on fire but where did it ultimately get us ? Bounced by Tampa in round 2 . Maybe the team can peak later in the year ?

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I’d like to see JFK called back up . Its frustrating when the Bruins appear to have a couple of D who look ready ( Lauzon and Vaak ) and yet we have to watch the amateur night on the blueline regularly lately .

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Besides too many "tweeners" on this team, lack of physicality and attitude a thing that I've noticed that disturbs me greatly is a lack of respect for the history and a lack of respect for the logo on the front of the jersey. Too many "bashful'' and nice, polite, turn the other cheek, don't stand up for your teammates in a scrum or rumble kinda guys. It's dawned on me that these kids are BASHFUL!
Definition of bashful:
adjective

uncomfortably diffident and easily embarrassed; shy; timid.
indicative of, accompanied by, or proceeding from bashfulness.

In 2011 we had the bash brothers, Now we have a team of bashful brothers!

Last edited:

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
That seems to be all we have right now Ladyfan , hope . This time last year the Bruins were absolutely on fire but where did it ultimately get us ? Bounced by Tampa in round 2 . Maybe the team can peak later in the year ?

If one of these goalies gets hot around that time, then even better..

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
That was a really stupid penalty and he is lucky they did not tack on another two for unsportsmanlike for the f-bomb rant on the way to the box and then in it with the door open.
Be sure: He will pay for that somewhere down the line.
Anyway, while stupid I still give him a pass this time since I think that he's got pride and
loves his team and teammates. He's VERY frustrated, it isn't good, it isn't right and it will hurt him
and the team but I remind myself that he's simply (selfishly it seems) frustrated.

Last edited:

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
I’d like to see JFK called back up . Its frustrating when the Bruins appear to have a couple of D who look ready ( Lauzon and Vaak ) and yet we have to watch the amateur night on the blueline regularly lately .
JFK shouldn't see Boston again unless he is going to Logan so he can fly to meet his new team. Small, gutless, soft and weak aren't qualities that will help this team.

Reactions: BBruins and Strafer

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Out of curiosity among my fellow B's fans, whom in the pipeline would you consider, "untouchable"? Personally, I'd still love to see what we have with Vak, Stud & Lauzon moving forward.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
No killer instinct out there- they can't put teams away. This is getting old. Missed Grizz tonight for sure. I felt awful for Heinen- the slump of biblical proportions for him. But again, lack of secondary scoring is killing them. The best line in hockey gives them two goals every game it seems like and that's all they get.

Reactions: BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad