Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! Flyers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Lauzon is ready now.
True. I think he definitely should get another look. I also feel the time is now, to really start identifying the prospects who are staying and ones who can be packaged in a deal/s for significant upgrades. Obviously, can't have them all/not enough spots, so may as well try and get something for them while they have at least a tad of value.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
True. I think he definitely should get another look. I also feel the time is now, to really start identifying the prospects who are staying and ones who can be packaged in a deal/s for significant upgrades. Obviously, can't have them all/not enough spots, so may as well try and get something for them while they have at least a tad of value.

Sweeney should know that by now.Scary part is he will bring Chara back another year and move a Lauzon.Kid is being held back now and its sad.

Reactions: Trizz617

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
No killer instinct out there- they can't put teams away. This is getting old. Missed Grizz tonight for sure. I felt awful for Heinen- the slump of biblical proportions for him. But again, lack of secondary scoring is killing them. The best line in hockey gives them two goals every game it seems like and that's all they get.
It’s not Krejci’s fault . Guy has been great in my opinion this year . He is so far ahead of his current linemates it is laughable.

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
Thought Cehlarik meshed well with Krejci tonite. Don't know why Cassidy swapped him for Heinen late in the 3rd, maybe a little hobbled after blocking a shot

Reactions: Blowfish

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
How I picture Don Sweeney right now:

upload_2019-1-31_21-50-28.png

He is the wild Sneasel.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yeah , a trade isn’t coming until the deadline . They need to see what options they have internally and really reconsider what they are doing with line combinations and defensive pairings .

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
Yeah , a trade isn’t coming until the deadline . They need to see what options they have internally and really reconsider what they are doing with line combinations and defensive pairings .
They're in a weird spot for sure. Trying to implement the youth to supplement the old core, while attempting to remain ultra competitive. Big risk as the kids were/are subject to regress a bit. A case where the intentions may have made sense, but the execution is lacking.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
DeBrusk a homer? Then what are Barzal, Connor, Chabot or Boeser? Grand slams??

I would take any of them over DeBrusk in a heartbeat. A good pick? Sure. A home run pick? More like a long double.
It felt like a home run to me after he scored that goal against the Leafs in game 7 . Debrusk has been terrible lately but he will come around . Bruins need to shuffle the deck with their forwards and defensive pairings .

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Olden McGroin

Aug 1, 2009
DeBrusk a homer? Then what are Barzal, Connor, Chabot or Boeser? Grand slams??

I would take any of them over DeBrusk in a heartbeat. A good pick? Sure. A home run pick? More like a long double.

Considering what they got with the other 1st rounders so far, I'd consider DeBrusk a homer. Like gillesgilbert mentioned he's definitely off his game, perhpas some lingering symptoms from that concussion

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Considering what they got with the other 1st rounders so far, I'd consider DeBrusk a homer. Like gillesgilbert mentioned he's definitely off his game, perhpas some lingering symptoms from that concussion
I realize the Bergeron line is the only line scoring but they would also be scoring with Marchand- Krejci- Pasta . Why not try Debrusk - Bergeron - Cehlarick?

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
It felt like a home run to me after he scored that goal against the Leafs in game 7 . Debrusk has been terrible lately but he will come around . Bruins need to shuffle the deck with their forwards and defensive pairings .

Sweeney needs to add the help.It is very frustrating watching him because quite frankly he has never made a good trade.Adding right parts would allow guys to drop into suited roles.

Reactions: Strafer

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Sweeney needs to add the help.It is very frustrating watching him because quite frankly he has never made a good trade.Adding right parts would allow guys to drop into suited roles.
Disagree. Lucic for Martin Jones, Colin Miller and the 13th pick was a phenomenal trade.......after that, not so much....

Reactions: YouTakeTheVan

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Will it happen before the trade deadline though ? Not likely . The majority of the teams aren’t willing to throw in the towel just yet . Bruins need to right the ship to a degree internally . Maybe they aren’t a Cup contender even with a couple of additions but they are a hell of a lot better than what we have seen lately .

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Disagree. Lucic for Martin Jones, Colin Miller and the 13th pick was a phenomenal trade.......after that, not so much....
Ya it was.

The Nash trade was fine too. Guy got hurt. Whaddya do? He got rid of Spooner which made it a win.

Now if he’d just punt Heinen aka Todd f***ing Flanders somewhere I’d be delighted.

Oh and add a 2RW and a 3C. Possibly Muzzin too like I wanted him to do in the offseason. That one could be tricky now.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Remember a game earlier in the year against the Leafs in Toronto in which Clifton and Lauzon were in the lineup ( not suggesting they call both those guys up ) ? It was a game they lost to the Leafs ( probably should have won ) but it was a real ballsy effort from the team . That’s the Bruins team I want to see,

Reactions: Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Remember a game earlier in the year against the Leafs in Toronto in which Clifton and Lauzon were in the lineup ( not suggesting they call both those guys up ) ? It was a game they lost to the Leafs ( probably should have won ) but it was a real ballsy effort from the team . That’s the Bruins team I want to see,

Yup they hit 4 posts that game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad