Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! Flyers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
After the big win in Toronto, the Bruins only played the road game in Philly and the rest have been at home.

Combined that with the 9 days off and the team seems to have lost some of their focus which could be partially due to too much home cooking and a lack of urgency.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
I still say we put patrice on second line and put David on first line. More balance . Harder for other team to defend. We will roll 2 scoring dangerous lines. Patrice can play with Jake easily. Chara needs to go back with Carlo to make the twin towers super shut down tandem. It will work guys.
i agree with that

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Oh this should help the offense improve.

So by this Cassidy comment you can imply Kevan Miller will still be dressed next game and every game after. Hey who cares that he's screen his goalie on goals in the past two games.

Even Chara, talking about making guys "buy-in"? It's McAvoy's fault on the Giroux goal that no forward covered for him when the stole the puck and attacked?

But the real problem is the forward group. It's just cycle, cycle, cycle. The 2nd line at least generates a few chances off the cycle. The 3rd and 4th lines as currently constructed aren't generating anything, not even chances to score.

Honest question.....is there any team worse than the Bruins in the entire league at scoring off the rush?

You got 3 ways to score essentially. The cycle, the rush, and the PP. Well the Bruins only score on 2 of these 3.

I fully expect Cehlarik to be scratched and Acciari dressed for Washington on Sunday.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Alberta , you've provided I suppose stats that should lessen the fans concerns however Do you think the Bruins are a sure playoff team?
And if you do how far can a team go with one scoring line ....that's imo is the stat that counts other stats again imho only serve to maybe mask the realities of the team

playoff team... absolutely
a threat to win at playoffs... no I wont say that as a certainity

buffalo has been in serious free fall for over 1/4 of the season. they were miles ahead of us early in the year. sure they had a surprise hot streak but that's long ago history

who else can pass us? Carolina 7 points back.

if we play 500 hockey the rest of the way we end up with 92 points. {by the way weve never played that poorly ever in recent years so that would really take a complete collapse}

to get to 92 points Carolina needs 38 points in 32 games. it might not sound like its impossible but they are a -9 goal differential on the season that happened to have their best 10 game stretch of the season now.

before this past 10 games they were 18-17-5. half a season and just a 500 hockey team.

with buffalo in free fall and Carolina just a 500 hockey team... there isn't enough teams around that we could end up missing the playoffs.

that said... I want to do more than just qualify with 92 points... more than 95 points {getting 11 for every 10 games would allow us to end at 95) I want minimum 98 points so that requires 12 points every 10 games.

Reactions: Strafer

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
After the big win in Toronto, the Bruins only played the road game in Philly and the rest have been at home.

Combined that with the 9 days off and the team seems to have lost some of their focus which could be partially due to too much home cooking and a lack of urgency.

They have 2 huge holes.They got Frederic up sitting on the bench Kid got 9 mins centering a line.That is crazy.Make the deal and fill the hole .Nearly a year now that hole been there.It stinks of INCOMPETENCE

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Not sure why Debrusk continues to get the free ride but I agree. Heinen at that point in the game was very questionable.
The kid is playing on the wrong side to let Cehlarik play on the second line. That experiment clearly isn’t working. Put him back on the left where he belongs, or cut him some slack....

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
They better not lay an egg against Washington, or against the islanders on Bergeron's 1000th game

giphy-15.gif

Reactions: BMC and Marcobruin

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
playoff team... absolutely
a threat to win at playoffs... no I wont say that as a certainity

buffalo has been in serious free fall for over 1/4 of the season. they were miles ahead of us early in the year. sure they had a surprise hot streak but that's long ago history

who else can pass us? Carolina 7 points back.

if we play 500 hockey the rest of the way we end up with 92 points. {by the way weve never played that poorly ever in recent years so that would really take a complete collapse}

to get to 92 points Carolina needs 38 points in 32 games. it might not sound like its impossible but they are a -9 goal differential on the season that happened to have their best 10 game stretch of the season now.

before this past 10 games they were 18-17-5. half a season and just a 500 hockey team.

with buffalo in free fall and Carolina just a 500 hockey team... there isn't enough teams around that we could end up missing the playoffs.

that said... I want to do more than just qualify with 92 points... more than 95 points {getting 11 for every 10 games would allow us to end at 95) I want minimum 98 points so that requires 12 points every 10 games.

I want to do more then just qualify for the playoffs.... For the reasons which have been eloquently explained here by Bruin fans...in a nutshell if that window of opportunity still exists imo it is closing rapidly

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I still say we put patrice on second line and put David on first line. More balance . Harder for other team to defend. We will roll 2 scoring dangerous lines. Patrice can play with Jake easily. Chara needs to go back with Carlo to make the twin towers super shut down tandem. It will work guys.
You're great, don't ever change!

Reactions: Marcobruin

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada

Sure, but they've also have lost 3 in a row and Only won 2 of their last 8 and 1 of their last 6, not good.

if the entire success of the nhl season was based on the last 8 games a team played in January I could get more worked up. but sadly the regular season is 82 games and they are all as equally meaningless as the others

I could say we were 8-1-1 in the 10 games in December but youd tell me that means nothing. and in febuary we will both agree the streak in December AND the one in January were EQUALLY meaningless

so has been the reality of the regular season for as long as ive been alive...

there was a stretch of over 30 years we made the playoffs... I used to say we hold the alltime professional sports record for regular season success. and I was told and told and told and told that regular season doesn't mean anything

teams ONLY GET JUDGED ON PLAYOFFS

and now... usually im told playoffs mean nothing... teams ONLY GET JUDGED ON WINNING A CUP

so frankly fans of 30 teams are doomed from day 1 to be miserable... why worry about the games? you already know you will end up miserable when the season is finished

bruinmann77

Feb 27, 2002
bronx ny
Visit site
Wow butch way to go your lines are doing wonders oops I mean the only line playing hockey. It's time that the fan base really see this team is not a cup contender. DS needs to hold onto his number one pick and becomes sellers

Reactions: BigBear83

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
If they keep shuffling these forward lines, magically something will change.

Hey, maybe they can have auditions in the local community. There must be some diamonds in the rough playing in men’s leagues in New England.

Perhaps do another “Be a Bruin” special.

If none of that works, then MAYBE look at making a trade for a second line NHL player.

MAYBE.

Reactions: Marcobruin

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
Good post , I didn't realize that. Still doesn't negate the the fact that this team is so arrogant that they think they are the Bolts! They continue to make bad passes, bad pinches, and bad decisions from the Coach on down. They refuse to learn from mistakes and the coach does not hold anyone accountable except rookies and Moore. GM needs to bring in someone with some give a crap and willing to actually hit someone.

teams that play high intensity wrapped to the limit all regular season... often seem to be burnt out for playoffs. we are NOT a super skilled team that will win a lot without our A GAME. if Cassidy is bag skating this team into the ground in January I would fear we would be out of gas at playoffs.

playing skin tight defense is the result of hard work. as for the offense... that's usually the result of god given skill and taking advantage of opportunities. if we are playing this way in march I will panic with the rest of you.

for now... it makes me curse and shut the tv off and say we need a trade... but then I tell myself im 50 years old and they've never awarded the cup based on games in January ever in my entire life

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Tukka can be a funny guy.
Hell be funny guy with another loss come Sunday! We saw this crap when Joe Thornton was here with his give a crap attitude and how many cups does he have! Harry Sinden would have these guys gone before they finished their shower! I know Sinden was an A hole but I liked the fact that when he had a player that was bad for the dressing room he removed him.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Cassidy is in over his head. The Bs are missing a couple pieces to be Cup contenders, but they sure as hell have more all-around talent (F+D+G) than many of the teams that are beating them. Would Quenneville come to Boston?

Not using your best goal scorer and fastest forward for 3 on 3 reeks of stupidity .Still cannot believe no reporters asked about that cause it would of been my 1st question with a team starving for goals.

Reactions: DarrenBanks56

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
Hell be funny guy with another loss come Sunday! We saw this crap when Joe Thornton was here with his give a crap attitude and how many cups does he have! Harry Sinden would have these guys gone before they finished their shower! I know Sinden was an A hole but I liked the fact that when he had a player that was bad for the dressing room he removed him.
Please don’t use Harry Sinden as an example on how to run a franchise.

I’m begging you.....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad