Post-Game Talk: GAME 51 - #$@&%*!#$@&%*! Flyers 3 BRUINS 2 F/OT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Cassidy can blame the D all he wants but he gets a share of the blame. WTF was with benching Cehlarik & putting Heinen out for Krejci's last 2 shifts? Cehlarik has been dangerous and Heinen hasn't done anything in a long time to make me think he's gonna pot one on that situation. Sure enough he whiffed on a wide open net when he shouldn't have even been out there.

Yup, that was pathetic!

Ya it was.

The Nash trade was fine too. Guy got hurt. Whaddya do? He got rid of Spooner which made it a win.

Now if he’d just punt Heinen aka Todd ****ing Flanders somewhere I’d be delighted.

Oh and add a 2RW and a 3C. Possibly Muzzin too like I wanted him to do in the offseason. That one could be tricky now.
'

Ummm, hate to break it to you but Muzzin was traded to Toronto...

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
was looking over the bruins season stats...

still second on pp... still top 5 in gaa

they say in playoffs defense wins... and you got to score on your pp opportunities

top line has been unstoppable all year... would be all top 20 scorers if Bergeron wasn't hurt

the offense and pk are middle of the pack but certainly not bottom of the league.

all in all... the numbers prove what we see with our eye... bottom 6 scoring and support from the defense has been very weak. a McAvoy injury and struggling play certainly didn't help the defense.

as for the bottom 6 scoring... its been showing some signs of live the last 10-15 games.

getting the desired top 6 guy will push everyone down the depth chart and should help. federic has shown some signs of life... ceharik may or may not be able to pitch in som needed offense depth...

can we afford to deal a first round pick 2 years in a row? if we aren't going to get past tampa anyhow I vote no. can we afford to deal some surplus kids that are repetitive on the depth chart? I vote yes.

left shot wings and left shot dmen are the currency we have to offer

if pannarin was willing to resign an extension with us... I might be ok paying for him... but that type of guy would cost us assets like jake debrusk. it might be too much to give up.

I say we go after carter in LA and pay a much cheaper price to get him

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Cassidy "Its self inflicted" No shit!! You put out there those awful lines and pairs what the hell did you expect?

Cassidy and Sweeney need to smarten up.

Reactions: Blowfish

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Thank you Tuukka and the 1st line for the point.

The rest of the team, just bland, nothing is happening.

They need help, the time is now.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Danton f#cking Heinen doing his best Noel Acciari on that play, would not be sad to see both these guys go in deals, they are black holes on offense no matter where they are put. If Cehlarik had been out with that line then and there, the game is over Bruins win.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The Bruins got absolutely killed in face-offs tonight.

Bergeron and Krejci went a combined 14 W and 29 L.

The rest of the group was 50% at 5 W and 5 L

But yeah Bruce, lets blame the D. That's your real problem. Not the &^&& group of forwards.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
was looking over the bruins season stats...

still second on pp... still top 5 in gaa

they say in playoffs defense wins... and you got to score on your pp opportunities

top line has been unstoppable all year... would be all top 20 scorers if Bergeron wasn't hurt

the offense and pk are middle of the pack but certainly not bottom of the league.

all in all... the numbers prove what we see with our eye... bottom 6 scoring and support from the defense has been very weak. a McAvoy injury and struggling play certainly didn't help the defense.

as for the bottom 6 scoring... its been showing some signs of live the last 10-15 games.

getting the desired top 6 guy will push everyone down the depth chart and should help. federic has shown some signs of life... ceharik may or may not be able to pitch in som needed offense depth...

can we afford to deal a first round pick 2 years in a row? if we aren't going to get past tampa anyhow I vote no. can we afford to deal some surplus kids that are repetitive on the depth chart? I vote yes.

left shot wings and left shot dmen are the currency we have to offer

if pannarin was willing to resign an extension with us... I might be ok paying for him... but that type of guy would cost us assets like jake debrusk. it might be too much to give up.

I say we go after carter in LA and pay a much cheaper price to get him

Bruins forwards 4-12 have 53 es goals this year. In what 51 games? That is dog shit.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Bruins forwards 4-12 have 53 es goals this year. In what 51 games? That is dog ****.

The Bruins inability to score goals outside of the No.1 line is extremely concerning.

Goal projections with 31 games remaining:

Pasta = 48
Marchand = 31
Bergeron = 30

Debrusk = 24 (and he has just 4 since Nov. 26th. He's only scored in 3 of his last 19 games. Also note his assist totals are WAAAY down. He had 27 assist last year in 70 games, has just 4 this year in 42)

Krejci = 16

Wagner = 10
Kuraly = 10
Heinen = 10
Nordstrom = 10
Backes = 9

Acciari = 2

I didn't include Donato or JFK as they are in Providence. Cehlarik and Frederic haven't played enough games to make a pro-rated calculation.

As a team they are on pace for 238 goals for. The lowest goal total for any playoff team last year was Anaheim with 235. Next was LA with 239.

Total playoff game wins last year combined between LA and Anaheim = ZERO

I'm not sure Sweeney could fix this if he wanted to.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Thought Cehlarik meshed well with Krejci tonite. Don't know why Cassidy swapped him for Heinen late in the 3rd, maybe a little hobbled after blocking a shot

It's called playing not to lose. Cassidy trusts Heinen more defensively so hence the switch. And it back-fired. It was a Julien-esque move.

Reactions: Blowfish

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
D gives up 2 goals in regulation and gets called out by a clueless coach.

This team lacks scoring and needs a top 6 winger. Its pathetic how they dont realize this and would prefer to win 2-1 games surviving off the PP.

My D for Sweeneys grade just went to D-

Reactions: Fenian24

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I don’t see DeBrusk as remotely untouchable right now, especially in a deal for a legit scorer w term

He is playing his way into the trade conversation, that is for sure. The problem with this is your filling a hole while creating another one or two possibly.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Besides too many "tweeners" on this team, lack of physicality and attitude a thing that I've noticed that disturbs me greatly is a lack of respect for the history and a lack of respect for the logo on the front of the jersey. Too many "bashful'' and nice, polite, turn the other cheek, don't stand up for your teammates in a scrum or rumble kinda guys. It's dawned on me that these kids are BASHFUL!
Definition of bashful:
adjective

uncomfortably diffident and easily embarrassed; shy; timid.
indicative of, accompanied by, or proceeding from bashfulness.

In 2011 we had the bash brothers, Now we have a team of bashful brothers!

scoring is the issue - bash brothers is old NHL. The kids are struggling with compete levels.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
No killer instinct out there- they can't put teams away. This is getting old. Missed Grizz tonight for sure. I felt awful for Heinen- the slump of biblical proportions for him. But again, lack of secondary scoring is killing them. The best line in hockey gives them two goals every game it seems like and that's all they get.

He needs to man up and quit feeling sorry for himself. I'm sick of seeing him on the bench with his head down or looking like a lost puppy dog. His mental approach is too fragile, I mean get pissed at yourself, for missing a wide open net and losing battles in the offensive zone.

His mental makeup right now is so weak he should be sat for a couple of games, and showed film of himself from a year ago on the way he played,someone who had a sneaky nice release and jump in his play.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
What happens when you think you are so much smarter than everybody. When every reporter cant figure out what you did in the 2015 draft but you are smug and over confident it speaks volumes

Anyone feel like looking up the draft TSN analysts comments after the bruin brutal 3 picks in a row? Until this year I wasn't too upset but seeing how effective those 3 players are on other teams you can't help but be frustrated. Some here calling him a genius! I had know idea how bad this move was until now.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Boston has the worst ice in the league, that was an embarrassment to watch. I have seen outdoor games in the snow with better conditions, absolute joke to watch both teams struggling to handle a puck that looked like it had a mind of its own.

Marchand shut up, go in the box you tripped him. Muscle head Miller needs to sit. Three - 3 goals in the last 2 games were on his screens. Lucky for Halak he was not in on that last goal, there would have been 4 pages on how he sucks and should have had that, ye olde double standard I suppose.

Reactions: bbfan419

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Boston has the worst ice in the league, that was an embarrassment to watch. I have seen outdoor games in the snow with better conditions, absolute joke to watch both teams struggling to handle a puck that looked like it had a mind of its own.

Marchand shut up, go in the box you tripped him. Muscle head Miller needs to sit. Three - 3 goals in the last 2 games were on his screens.
One of the first things I noticed, puck bounces constantly. Used to have some of the best but must have too many events at new building to keep it in great shape.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Thought Cehlarik meshed well with Krejci tonite. Don't know why Cassidy swapped him for Heinen late in the 3rd, maybe a little hobbled after blocking a shot

I hate to admit this however Cehlarik's speed is someone of an issue. Why I'm guessing he was removed from the line late in the game.

The funny thing are some called him out for quick first step and short area mobility being the issue I think that's actually a strength of his. He is constantly breaking up plays with his active stick and quick step now his straight line speed has been brutal.

Reactions: Strafer

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad