Post-Game Talk: Game #51: Canucks 2, Oilers 1 - Disturbing win by a disturbing team (Lain, Kassian)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Superpest

Undrafted Free Agent
May 20, 2009
Cascadia
Higgens too was flying out there.

Rashida-Jones-Disgusted.gif

Nov 1, 2011
Edmonton seems to be ****ing these kids up mentally. Hall looks like he wants to cry. Eberle is frustrated and angry. RNH just doesn't seem to give a ****.

Eberle $6M/season until 2018-19.
Hall $6M/season until 2019-20.
RNH $6M/season until 2020-21.

Have the Oilers ever heard of a bridge contract?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Was it a great game? No, but I do dislike the constant "yeah well they just barely beat a bad team" that is all over the boards the last couple of games. Yes the Flames and Oilers are not good teams, but they have been "just barely beaten" many times this season. It's not like a 2-1 win or 3-2 win against a bad team means anything other than they won and got two points.

The Sharks just barely beat the Flames the other night. The Pens got slammed by the Panthers. The Ducks lost to the Jets.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Was it a great game? No, but I do dislike the constant "yeah well they just barely beat a bad team" that is all over the boards the last couple of games. Yes the Flames and Oilers are not good teams, but they have been "just barely beaten" many times this season. It's not like a 2-1 win or 3-2 win against a bad team means anything other than they won and got two points.

The Sharks just barely beat the Flames the other night. The Pens got slammed by the Panthers. The Ducks lost to the Jets.

Exactly. Hell, the Blues got blasted 7-1 by the Devils just today. Kings lost to CBJ... meanwhile the Nucks aren't allowed to **** up and lose?

Last edited:

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Lets all be happy and act like nothing is wrong with the team after they start beating up on **** teams. :shakehead

With all due respect, even though we won we played worse yesterday than against the flames or in any of our games on the nightmare road trip.

Last edited:

Bgav

We Stylin'
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2009
Vancouver
Lets all be happy and act like nothing is wrong with the team after they start beating up on **** teams. :shakehead

With all due respect, even though we won we played worse yesterday than against the flames or in any of our games on the nightmare road trip.
Not really. We played well, carried most of the play.

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Soooo apparently the Oilers have more 5 game losing streaks than 2 game winning streaks this year.

Yikes.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam

they played like ass for the most part. Luongo stole the game.

NYVanfan

Mar 27, 2002
Visit site
man missing Henrik really showed how weak our O depth is ...
2nd line was Dalpe centering Higgins and Hansen? yowch
good to get the win though

LuongosHair

Jan 18, 2014
man missing Henrik really showed how weak our O depth is ...
2nd line was Dalpe centering Higgins and Hansen? yowch
good to get the win though
LoL, take our any teams best player and that would happen. Only exception is Pens.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Why hasn't anyone made a video of Eberle's cheap shot on Richardson?

If we so much as get close to doing anything that warrants a penalty or suspension, those videos immediately go viral on hockey forums and YouTube.

You know what...I saw shades of Kassian's stick swinging versus Gagner in that. A lackadaisical, no look swing after missing a legit play. Obviously his stick was lower, but if Kassian get's called disturbing for intentionally doing that, Eberle is in the same boat.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
You know what...I saw shades of Kassian's stick swinging versus Gagner in that. A lackadaisical, no look swing after missing a legit play. Obviously his stick was lower, but if Kassian get's called disturbing for intentionally doing that, Eberle is in the same boat.

Kassian is disturbing though. He's got that crazed look in his eyes that says he might just go off at any minute. He reminds me of Bertuzzi earlier in his career.
And to be honest that's what I love about him. We haven't had an intimidating player like him for a long time who could actually play in a top 6 role. He's in the heads of the Oiler's coach, players and the media. The Oilers were focused on him the whole game and then he tops it off by a great shot and the winning goal.
A heck of a game by big Zack! He's going to be a very special player.

Pure West

Oct 3, 2005
Vancouver
Wasn't all that impressed with the game. They didn't give up much 5 on 5 until the last 5 minutes of the game, but they needed a number of big saves on the PK from Luongo to keep it a 2-0 game. Oilers could have easily scored 2 PP goals tonight to tie it up. Kind of a meh game, but the opponent pretty much guarantees us a win.

Its going to be a struggle without Hank, but we don't have that difficult of a schedule over the next few games so perhaps picking up a couple of ugly wins against some bottom feeders will be all we can hope for.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
If you want the positive spin on all this, it's that the Canucks worst stretch of the year has seen them go 3-5-3. That's not great, but it's not the kind of tumble you see from some teams.

I thought the team played fairly well last night all things considered, and Luongo was excellent. He should have had a shutout but, well, Alex Edler.

Wetcoaster

Eberle $6M/season until 2018-19.
Hall $6M/season until 2019-20.
RNH $6M/season until 2020-21.

Have the Oilers ever heard of a bridge contract?
As in I have this lovely bridge that I would like to sell to the Oilers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad