GDT: Game # 50 Rangers vs Buffalo - 7pm EST - MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
Yep, they spent a minute praising Eichel in the previous game too hmmmm

To me thats kind of strange unless they are trying to control the narrative early on...

IDK, all speculation, maybe reading to much into the tea leaves.

Reactions: CLW

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
The Rangers have a lot of players who are good but severely limited in obvious ways.

With Chytil, I don't care. Zibanejad is about to get paid like a guy who's not limited and that's a problem.
THAT’S EXACTLY WHY I’M STRESSING HARD

Like, Chytil sucking is fine. He’s young. If he improves, great. If not, we don’t pay him a lot. But Zibanejad is obviously a seasoned vet. I’ve never seen a player go through so many ups and downs in a season. It’s not about scoring/not scoring. It’s about his overall game.

Reactions: Machinehead

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
just curious honest question. Kid is on a 45 pt per 82 game pace. Playing third line mins with kids and zero pp time. Again just curious what would be an acceptable point pace for that spot in the lineup from a barely 21 year old center?
Haha I knew this on pace bullshit was coming. Knew it. Even though a good portion of his production has come against shit teams.

What’s acceptable is converting and not taking a stupid penalty. He doesnt show up consistently enough. Doesnt skate hard enough every game.

Point being, I would happily include him in a package for a Center

Chalfdiggity3

Feb 4, 2010
NJ
They aren’t going up to bring up a lot of negatives about a 24 yr old 40 40 center that’s signed for the next 6 years when he can force his way here in 2

Its not about bringing up negatives its that he is spoken about every game. Why he hasnt really played this season. Sooooo

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
How many times does it have to happen? I've never seen a team that, like clockwork, stops playing before the buzzer. Every period of every game there are Grade A chances or a goal no matter who they are playing. DQ ever think about cleaning that up? Ever? Of course not. Because he's a garbage coach who doesn't fix anything.

chosen

Aug 2, 2005
ASPG
That’s because of all the talent they have. But when it matters most...it’s not enough.

I'm not sure what that even means. I responded to someone who said they don't generate offense. You can't be 3rd in the entire NHL in goals scored and be a bad offensive team.

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
This board is pretty insufferable.

"Done with Zibanejad"

"I'm fine with losing if it gets Quinn fired"

I guess since the Yankees are playing like shit you decided to bring all your negative shit over here.
Feel free to stop reading it then, you certainly aren't bringing a ton to the conversation anyway

Reactions: Rangers in 7

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Just so disappointing. You keep hoping for growth in big moments. The Rangers have we shot to really get back in the playoff race tonight.

They can make the last 6 games very meaningful and they just don’t show up. They haven’t shown up for big time games under Quinn.

Maybe I’m being too harsh on Quinn. Maybe it’s just youth, but **** nobody has done anything in these games. Nobody is generating anything outside a Smith howitzer and one nice shift.

Machinehead

HFNYR MVP
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
This board is pretty insufferable.

"Done with Zibanejad"

"I'm fine with losing if it gets Quinn fired"

I guess since the Yankees are playing like shit you decided to bring all your negative shit over here.
People complaining about Z? lmao
For a board that loves to crow about "we're never going to win playoff games unless we get playoff dudes," a guy who has done nothing all year but score hat-tricks against bad teams has a lot of defenders.

Like, for a board that I think harps too much on "this won't work when the games matter," Zibanejad is actually that.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
The GDT brings out the most painful drama queens here.
Yeah true. The more you care the more it hurts when you get disappointed. I learned to chill a bit once some the gray started growing in a bit.

That said, the hysteria is half of the fun around here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad