GDT: Game # 50 Rangers vs Buffalo - 7pm EST - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Read. Follow along.

Every single team has more trouble generating offense in tight, playoff-like games.

I caqn't believe that every single hockey fan doesn't know this.

That's hockey 101.

Well, no ****. Are you going to give us anything worth a **** or you gonna keep responding with worthless dog ****?

If you can’t see the offense struggling to do anything these types of games then I don’t know what to tell ya. Ya. I expect tight games. I expect low scores. I don’t expect getting hemmed in our zone all night by the Sabres.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
well no one converts on every chance you shoot 10% and you’re a star certainly not kids so I ask again realistically what “pace” would you be happy with? Simple question knowing again that no one converts every chance
It isnt worth debating someone who laughs at statistical evidence backing up your argument. There is an appropriate Mark Twain quote for these kinds of moments

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Looks like fishsticks are back on the menu.

Hypothetical tinfoil hat time.

We pull a miracle off and beat Buffalo tonight. NYI lose to Washington
We pull another miracle and beat NYI twice in regulation.

We're only 1pt behind them

Reactions: rdhstlr23

tomobson

Sep 16, 2008
Chytil is just so underwhelming. So underwhelming.

I have said it before, I would trade him for a proven center in a heartbeat without blinking.
Who would trade a proven center for Chytil?

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
I think you guys are not giving Buffalo enough credit. This is not the same team that had that long winless streak. They have recently beat Boston, Washington, and Pitt. They have played very well.

You’re probably right about that.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I think you guys are not giving Buffalo enough credit. This is not the same team that had that long winless streak. They have recently beat Boston, Washington, and Pitt. They have played very well.

But Vally's right. Their effort is terrible, we're not getting beat because they're so good.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
I rewinded and I don't really put the bad on Chytil. The refs suck.

Laff made a bad play at like 1:08, yet puck left zone, Chytil got a chance on net. Then they got trapped again in their zone. Lindgren chased, Chytil I guess sort of tripped someone. Yet the refs missed a high stick on Smith during that play, and then missed a trip on Buch on the PK.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Buffalo has beaten good teams along the way recently. They aren't the pushover Devils.

But thats also why there was no excuse for them to come out as flat as they were tonight. The 2nd period was better, but still way to loose all over the ice save for that one shift by the Chytil line.

Reactions: duhmetreE

rdhstlr23

Feb 21, 2013
Just find a way. Shesterkin is playing lights out. Get him a goal and just park the bus and pray he continues to stand on his head.

Reactions: SRHRangers

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Read. Follow along.

Every single team has more trouble generating offense in tight, playoff-like games.

I can't believe that every single hockey fan doesn't know this.

That's hockey 101.

This is all accurate, but you’d like to see the coach or players emphasizing adjustments to try to play more cynical playoff hockey.

Meanwhile they keep trying to pass against a team playing a dime defense and have four defensive ends on the line

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
That’s absolutely true, but the rangers should be out hustling this team.

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Eichel is Joe Schmo at even strength and makes $10m a year to do flippy-dos on the powerplay.

He's every problem I have with Zibanejad but more expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad