GDT: Game 5 - Columbus vs Tampa Bay - 1/21 7:00 pm

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Ridiculous from Dubois tonight. I can't believe I'm seeing some on Twitter (even after seeing the Dubois puck battle) criticize Torts on this. There are times I think he perhaps goes too far with his benchings, or it can at least be debatable. Examples are Domi game 1 after his penalty, or Duclair when he made that mental error in (I think) Calgary on his first shift of the game.

Tonight was not one of those situations. He was absolutely right to sit PLD this evening. That was pathetic and I'd be pissed if I was one of his teammates.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Sure wish Torts held himself to the same no mistake threshold , he holds his players to . Another year , we are what 1 for 12 on the power play ? The whole situation with Pld , who is what 22 years old , is hurting the team. Coach treats skill players differently . Playing the right way is Boone Jenner Style in his book . Not all players have to be grinders ... Torts let it slip he’s had conflict with Pld for 3 yrs now . I’m sure everyone here has worked for a boss they despise , it’s a miserable situation

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Ridiculous from Dubois tonight. I can't believe I'm seeing some on Twitter (even after seeing the Dubois puck battle) criticize Torts on this. There are times I think he perhaps goes too far with his benchings, or it can at least be debatable. Examples are Domi game 1 after his penalty, or Duclair when he made that mental error in (I think) Calgary on his first shift of the game.

Tonight was not one of those situations. He was absolutely right to sit PLD this evening. That was pathetic and I'd be pissed if I was one of his teammates.
In between periods, Patrick Sharp was saying PLD looked nervous on the bench and that he has probably never sat an entire period during a game in his life and that he wants to be a good teammate and wants to play.

BS Sharp, he didn't look nervous on the bench and if he wanted to be a good teammate and wanted to play he'd get out there and bust his ass because he's being paid very well for the crap he's not doing now. So Sharp was just feeding the dialogue that PLDouchebag is not complicit in this problem.

Reactions: thebus88 and ViD

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Sure wish Torts held himself to the same no mistake threshold , he holds his players to . Another year , we are what 1 for 12 on the power play ? The whole situation with Pld , who is what 22 years old , is hurting the team. Coach treats skill players differently . Playing the right way is Boone Jenner Style in his book . Not all players have to be grinders ... Torts let it slip he’s had conflict with Pld for 3 yrs now . I’m sure everyone here has worked for a boss they despise , it’s a miserable situation
Panarin didn’t complain.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
He has 10 million reasons to suck it up and deal with it

Reactions: thebus88

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I wonder if this is Torts forcing Jarmo’s hand here. He clearly doesn’t want this guy on his team and is pissed he’s still there? Trying to make it untenable so Jarmo has to pull the trigger?

yes PLD half assed it but bringing the situation into crystal clear focus perhaps

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
There's a difference between not being a grinder and not making an effort. And FTR...PLDouchebag is not a finesse skill guy...he's a 6'3" - 220Lb horse whose game is predicated on effort. Its his out-muscling the other guys that makes him such an effective player. If he's not making an effort than he is just a big guy floating around the ice hurting his team.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Past the halfway point of the second PLD was on the bench talking up a storm to Savard and it seemed so tone-deaf. Like dude, no one really wants to listen you pontificate about whatever when you don't care whether this team wins or loses. You're being a damn clown, and we were counting on you.

I can't believe it's gotten to this point. I thought we were good to go. f***.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Torts:

and-i-took-that-personally-meme-blank-meme-template-1-1024x558.jpg

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Torts is a clown.

In the clip making the rounds, PLD has his stick pinned on the far side of Johnson, he's in a 2 on 1, and he holds Johnson out of the play. He gets no help/hustle from 13 & 25. But sure, let's bench PLD for 44 minutes lmao.

The Torts act is old. Time to move on.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Torts is a clown.

In the clip making the rounds, PLD has his stick pinned on the far side of Johnson, he's in a 2 on 1, and he holds Johnson out of the play. He gets no help/hustle from 13 & 25. But sure, let's bench PLD for 44 minutes lmao.

Know what’s actually really old...

the Torts is terrible narrative constantly spun

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Torts is a clown.

Dubois had one goal in 4 games prior. That’s not a 1C production.

Im fully supporting Torts in this situation

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I realize the game thread has gone off on a tangent but... this is why I don’t get a number or name plate on my jersey. People walking around with 19 the last few years and next year it’ll be people walking around with 18.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Ummm. Pretty sure CBJ must protect him. He has a limited NTC. He could waive it for Seattle but he’s not going to. I can’t believe he’s still struggling w high ankle sprain residual, but it’s possible. He got left in the dust on that last play - and TBL player was at 3/4 speed at most. Sad, infuriating, mystifying...hope he is hurting, at least then there’s hope for improvement. If this is Cam healthy, help us all!

High ankle sprain last forever with some good days and some bad.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
I realize the game thread has gone off on a tangent but... this is why I don’t get a number or name plate on my jersey. People walking around with 19 the last few years and next year it’ll be people walking around with 18.
I still proudly wear #9.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Torts is a clown.

PLD literally did nothing but skate around with his stick up that shift, the ending you mentioned is just icing on the cake.

He has zero compete and zero fight. He literally gets there first, stops, and lets Johnson get on him. The only way he is "2 on 1" is the guy reaching in with his stick to retrieve the puck. Is PLD at all trying to get the puck? Nope. Is Johnson? Yup. Johnson is like 6 inches shorter than him and probably 50 pounds lighter and he's able to "fight off" PLD because he gave no f***s.PLD should be able to pick this puck up in stride and skate by both Johnson and the defenseman, or at least get pinned to the boards by the Dman and attempt to fight through. But no. He stops.

There is ZERO defense for this. Watch this shit and tell me this is okay.

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
PLD literally did nothing but skate around with his stick up that shift, the ending you mentioned is just icing on the cake.

He has zero compete and zero fight. He literally gets there first, stops, and lets Johnson get on him. The only way he is "2 on 1" is the guy reaching in with his stick to retrieve the puck. Is PLD at all trying to get the puck? Nope. Is Johnson? Yup. Johnson is like 6 inches shorter than him and probably 50 pounds lighter and he's able to "fight off" PLD because he gave no f***s.PLD should be able to pick this puck up in stride and skate by both Johnson and the defenseman, or at least get pinned to the boards by the Dman and attempt to fight through. But no. He stops.

There is ZERO defense for this. Watch this shit and tell me this is okay.

This makes me so angry to watch

Reactions: Nanabijou

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
I don't know what game you were watching if you say Oliver Bjorkstrand was not outstanding.

Cam can play like shit and still get on the scoreboard (like that second goal that he helped set up). We need guys with scoring touch. Not saying his contract is good but it's not bad enough to justify an 8 year buyout.

We don't. The Jackets don't have NMCs. Atkinson has a partial NTC which doesn't have anything to do with expansions.
Agree as to Cam. Limited NTC does not require protection. My bad, I should have looked it up.

I do think that Foligno and maybe Dubi have full NMC’s but those contracts expire before the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad