GDT: Game # 48 - New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs - 7pm EST, TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
This gives me an idea.

Picture it: Teenage Mutant Ninja Prospects.

Kravtsov as Raphael because he has an attitude.

Kakko as Donatello because he's a f***in nerd.

Lafreniere as Michelangelo because he's a complete liability.

Miller as Leonardo because he's good.

Fox as the Splinter.

Gerrard Gallant as Shredder.

Jimmy Vesey as Leatherhead because hey ho why not?

Michelle Gingras as April.

Chris Kreider as Casey Jones.
I love this. Genius.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
This gives me an idea.

Fox as the Splinter.

Tom Poti will always be Donatello in my eyes.

Also...

Blais and Trouba... Beebop and Rocksteady

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This gives me an idea.

Fox as the Splinter.

Laf when he scores his Hat trick tonight….

4DB3B66D-F1DB-4AC2-AC64-B5DA21DC2C92.gif

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com

Is it snowing in Toronto today or something?

Lot's of sniffles.

Also...

Reporter: "What do you think of Alexis? How has his game progressed?"

Gallant: "Who?"

Reporter: "Alexei..."

... long pause with Gallant still not sure...

Reporter: "Lafreniere?"

Gallant: "Oh... "

You can't make this shit up.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's funny reading game threads even of good teams, the Rangers are respected as a good team. You read HFNYR and you think it's the worst team ever created.
Leaf fan coming in peace, but I wanna give props to the Rangers fans here for being one of the cooler and more down to earth fanbases. Most people hate us on here and outside of the forum as well, especially the other Canadian teams' fans :laugh:, but I've found Rangers fans have always been chill and don't really spend a lot of time or energy obsessively hating the team and its fans like various other fanbases. Never had a bad interaction with NYR fans in person either. Probably makes a difference that being in NYC (i.e. the biggest North American city) you don't have that little brother / little dick syndrome that other fanbases seem to have. Also f*** the Islanders. :D

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Leaf fan coming in peace, but I wanna give props to the Rangers fans here for being one of the cooler and more down to earth fanbases. Most people hate us on here and outside of the forum as well, especially the other Canadian teams' fans :laugh:, but I've found Rangers fans have always been chill and don't really spend a lot of time or energy obsessively hating the team and its fans like various other fanbases. Never had a bad interaction with NYR fans in person either. Probably makes a difference that being in NYC (i.e. the biggest North American city) you don't have that little brother / little dick syndrome that other fanbases seem to have. Also f*** the Islanders. :D

You once in a while see people rooting for you guys to lose in the first round because it's kind of funny to outsiders. But I don't think most people here truly hate you guys.

Greg02

Jun 28, 2009
Leaf fan coming in peace, but I wanna give props to the Rangers fans here for being one of the cooler and more down to earth fanbases.
wtf-confused.gif

Most people hate us on here and outside of the forum as well, especially the other Canadian teams' fans :laugh:, but I've found Rangers fans have always been chill and don't really spend a lot of time or energy obsessively hating the team and its fans like various other fanbases. Never had a bad interaction with NYR fans in person either. Probably makes a difference that being in NYC (i.e. the biggest North American city) you don't have that little brother / little dick syndrome that other fanbases seem to have. Also f*** the Islanders. :D
Oh, I see your confusion. We're generally too busy hating our own team instead to bother with others.

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
We are too busy hating ourselves to focus on others.

Edit: Greg02 beat me to it.

mrmovies779

The Greatest Teacher,Failure is.
Feb 5, 2013
This gives me an idea.

Fox as the Splinter.

Nerd

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Expect big time games from Wendel Clark, Doug Gilmour and Dave Andreychuk.
SEGA Genesis 94! That exact line was unstobbable.

I managed a bar back then. We used to run a Sega Genesis tournament out of it. Advertised the tourney on KROCK. $20 entry for the tourney, 1/2 priced bud lights. 16 Player bracket. Winner take all! Pick any team you wanted to play with except Chicago. Too many glitches that year with them. Made them unstoppable.

I used to enter the tourney. Used the Leafs. Would line change Clark into the middle for the one-timer. Good days!

1674671744361.png

Not one bit leafs are good in my book.

Awesome Avatar! Saw them a few times. Opened for Rush once.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY

Would love to see a NYR/Leafs playoff series. Would be amazing for the NHL in terms of Revenue.

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Is it snowing in Toronto today or something?

Lot's of sniffles.

Also...

Reporter: "What do you think of Alexis? How has his game progressed?"

Gallant: "Who?"

Reporter: "Alexei..."

... long pause with Gallant still not sure...

Reporter: "Lafreniere?"

Gallant: "Oh... "

You can't make this shit up.

😂

Number 9

What rhymes with Gagne?
Oct 14, 2008
Park City, UT
SEGA Genesis 94! That exact line was unstobbable.

I managed a bar back then. We used to run a Sega Genesis tournament out of it. Advertised the tourney on KROCK. $20 entry for the tourney, 1/2 priced bud lights. 16 Player bracket. Winner take all! Pick any team you wanted to play with except Chicago. Too many glitches that year with them. Made them unstoppable.

I used to enter the tourney. Used the Leafs. Would line change Clark into the middle for the one-timer. Good days!

View attachment 641261

Awesome Avatar! Saw them a few times. Opened for Rush once.
Thank you Thank you... One of my favorites, rush is up there also.

Reactions: Lion Hound

Mandar

The Real Maven
Sep 27, 2013
The Tarheel State
You sir have won yourself a slice of Pizza Hut's finest!! Just give Jovo your address....

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
Prediction: I am so torn. Either Will Cuylle has a goal and people immediately complain that he is better than our 1/2OA OR he doesn't get a point and people complain that none of our forward prospects are any good.

Updated prediction: People complain.
5F228522-0645-4F85-ABFC-BA8704B6B6A1.gif

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014

theres a camaraderie between normals in our fanbases...the size of both means were gonna have more annoying ones that make other teams hate basically. although as others have noted, theres a lot more fans that hate our own team so much theres no time to hate anyone else. but i like the leafs in general, theres times im jealous of the way hockey is life there and other times, like when the entire media was discussing the merits of firing keefe after like 5 games because they werent all wins, where i'm thankful were in almost a backwater as far as the spotlight goes relative to you guys. def one of the more entertaining teams to watch though...could watch matthews shoot pucks all day and willie styles plays the kinda game overall i love seeing. catch a fair amount of the leafs, unless theyre playing a doormat ill usually try to watch them if the rangers arent playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad