GDT: Game 45: Columbus at Winnipeg | 1/11 7PM EST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
TB, WSH, BUF, LA, and PHI next. I hope we can win 3, hopefully against Washington, PHilly, and Buffalo, but I wouldn't be apposed to all 5. :D

Only Buff is easy and even they might be hard as Ted Nolan is doing very well at home... The Next five games might make or break the CBJ's playoff hopes... I think excuses, if there are excuses, are over.. the Blue Jackets must play BOB every night and if they do they might win 5, he is in the Olympic mood... ;)

Miggus

Feb 8, 2011
Yeah you'd think. But this isn't the first time the Jets have ignored their coach, missed assignments and allowed a half dozen goals. This is almost normal for them. And they still haven't fired him!

I was watching the CBC feed and they singled out Byfuglien on this. They showed a replay of the Jets' timeout and while Noel was talking to his players Big Buff just sat there beside him looking very indifferent. One of the guys on CBC even said that "that is the face of a player who wants to be traded".

Good weekend for the Jackets. A couple of tough opponents await ahead but if the Jackets continue playing with the same vigor we saw today and yesterday and Bob in goal I believe the win streak will be extended. Go Jackets!

bizzz*

If I had to live in Winnipeg on winter I also would want to get traded.

Paisano*

I was watching the CBC feed and they singled out Byfuglien on this. They showed a replay of the Jets' timeout and while Noel was talking to his players Big Buff just sat there beside him looking very indifferent. One of the guys on CBC even said that "that is the face of a player who wants to be traded

Trade a draft pick for him!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
If I had to live in Winnipeg on winter I also would want to get traded.

Seriously? Didn't you just post a lovely photo of some Russian city by way of countering an ignorant opinion about said city?

winnipeg-at-night-2010.jpg

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
Letestu and Anisimov may not be having the years we thought they would, but having those guys on the PK is pretty money.

Letestu is doing just fine in the role he's being asked to play. His icetime has been cut by quite a bit compared to the last 20 games last year & he's playing bottom 6 & killing lots of penalties & very little PP time. Tough to get points this way but I believe he'll finish with 35-40 points & 10-15 goals, if he stays healthy, which is pretty good for any "fourth liner" in the league.
Anisimov has a bigger offensive role on the team & his production has been a little disappointing but he does a lot of little things to help the team when he's not scoring. There are players in the league that if they are not scoring are otherwise a liability & Anisimov isn't one of them. He'll come around.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
We haven't "sucked" for over a year now.

Nonsense. Those first few years will forever define this team. We could win the next 3 stanley cups and we'd still get some saying "SOJ" after every bad loss.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Rolling 3 strong lines now, and the 4th is keeping pace. Hell Joey's line played under 13 minutes tonight. This is the healthiest we've been all year and McBackup can play like a back up and we still win games.

13 games til the 'Lympic break....if my math is right. I expect us to be 3rd in the division by then. I KNOW we are better than 4 or 5 of the teams ahead of us in the Conference, and we've got the games ahead of to prove it. Just wait til Horton is playing closer to 100%. Its nice to surge in January for a change.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
I'm only 4 pages into this GDT but want to take a moment to say, awesome game. I was only able to watch the 2nd, what a good period to watch! The go-ahead, tic-tac-toe goal by Cam-Murray-Wiz-Cam was sublime, and Cam's finish was pro. The shorty, Letestu was cool as could be off a great feed by DMac. Joey's work on Foligno's goal was yeoman, and Boone buries the penalty shot. I was really impressed by our team in the period I was able to watch (and pretty unimpressed by Win's goalie).

Sounds like they played a crappy first? Looking forward to finishing the thread to see how the 3rd went.

Oh and, as much as I enjoyed tonight's win, I personally don't get any joy from smacking around Clode's team. Let me rephrase: I got a lot of joy from it. But I like Noel, too, I hope we're not the loss that gets him canned.

bizzz*

Seriously? Didn't you just post a lovely photo of some Russian city by way of countering an ignorant opinion about said city?
My opinion isn't ignorant, it's based on the facts:
http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sp...-reality-winnipeg-a-no-go-zone-160935085.html

"Most guys that have no-movement clauses have a list of cities they won't go. Winnipeg is on almost all of those lists," said the high-powered agent.

The weather over there is cold even for Russians!
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2011/04/21/bryzgalov-russian-to-judgment-about-winnipeg
"There's no excitement except the hockey. No park, no entertaining for the families, for the kids. It's going to be tough life for your family".
"I've been there for just once, maybe twice, when I play in minors. It was really cold," Bryzgalov said. "I used the tunnels between the buildings to get to the arena. Because it was minus 40-something. Real cold".

When asked about coming to the possibility of playing in Winnipeg, Bryzgolov added, "Probably not. I better go to somewhere in Russia, KHL, to be honest."

Last edited by a moderator:

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Since the Canes and Jackets are my favorite teams I think CBJ could use Justin Peters once Ward returns. He'd be much better than McBackup.

I live in Raleigh....I too would love to see Peters as our backup......but do not see it ever happening. Cam Ward very injury prone last couple years, Peters would not come cheap, if they were willing to trade him at all.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
Nonsense. Those first few years will forever define this team. We could win the next 3 stanley cups and we'd still get some saying "SOJ" after every bad loss.

Just like giving a 20-year-old a few games will always be "rushing a prospect", dressing a Russian will always conjure up memories of Zherdev and Filatov, and 7 PM games will always be too late for us to get done milling the grain by hand before the game starts.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
of the next five, we should win Tampa if Hedman and Salo are both out, Wash will be tough, win in Buffalo, LAK will be tough, and we play PHI tough and should have won the back to back...stupid 5 goal 3rd period

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad