GDT: Game 45: Columbus at Winnipeg | 1/11 7PM EST

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
And Paul Maurice hired in WPG. Didn't I read somewhere he lived in Columbus even though he has no connection to the CBJ?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
And Paul Maurice hired in WPG. Didn't I read somewhere he lived in Columbus even though he has no connection to the CBJ?

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline 40s

Columbus resident Paul Maurice -- lived in Dublin the last two years -- has been hired by #NHLJets to replace Claude Noel.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Our goal differential (-3) is 3rd best in the Metro and 6th best in the East.

Meaning of that depends on your personal opinion.

This is what I look at when I say we are better than several of the teams ahead of us in the standings.

I knows it not the same pts, but over time you should see the W-L-OTL columns line up with differential. What really is encouraging is that we have an almost even differential, with what I consider fair at best goaltending thus far. Bob back and healthy, could mean the net minding is in order, and we're only getting better offensively as we bring injured key players back into the mix.

My expectation for this team is 5th or 6th seed in the playoffs, hopefully a first round road matchup with a heavy weight. But I've been called optimistic before.

bizzz*

No, it's based on other ignorant opinions. But thanks for playing. Russia, awesome. Canada, cold. Got it.

Opinion of the most NHL players is ignorant? Thanks for sharing.
You logic is flawed badly. Winnipeg is not a whole Canada. And Russia is not awesome. I don't know how did you get to those conclusions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Monday night a strong Bolts team visits our barn. It's a MONDAY night, crowd might be pretty sparse, but I hope everyone there is ready to get engaged. I hope the last home game's entertainment quotient carries at least a FEW casual fans or fans-on-the-fence over to a few of the upcoming home games. I hope the boys begin to feel that fan-energy that was there end of last season. It's not MSG, but has been compared... baha Dubi.

That's a lot of "hope".

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Too bad I couldn't catch two of my favorite teams playing. :( But I like the result very much. :D

Wiz has definitively settled in. He's being very valuable making plays out of the zone, moving the puck in the O-zone (what a pass in the Cam goal!) and getting the puck to the net - all while not being a total disaster in his own zone. I haven't noticed him making the vaunted "cross-crease pass" to his partner lately!

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Let the Noel firing be a lesson to all you coaches out there. You lose to the lowly Jackets and you lose your job! :sarcasm:

Hope Claude lands on his feet somewhere.

Reminds me of a certain coach that is doing quite well in St. Louis right now, that was fired due to his team under-performing.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Jeff Fisher?

yes-it-was-a-homerun.jpg

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I hate it that we were the loss that got him axed. Oh well, surprised it hadn't happened before now. I think he got them to overachieve for awhile, but now they're playing to the level of their talent.

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Our goal differential (-3) is 3rd best in the Metro and 6th best in the East.

Meaning of that depends on your personal opinion.

Damn... I signed on tonight to post that.... It means a lot!

But as I said before, Bob must start every game for the next 5 or 6 games...

No more excuses about him healing, if Bobrovsky is not ready to play the game then sit... The reason is, every game from here on out impacts our playoff hopes.. if Bob needs to rest then scrap the season and start next year....

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
Monday night a strong Bolts team visits our barn. It's a MONDAY night, crowd might be pretty sparse, but I hope everyone there is ready to get engaged. I hope the last home game's entertainment quotient carries at least a FEW casual fans or fans-on-the-fence over to a few of the upcoming home games. I hope the boys begin to feel that fan-energy that was there end of last season. It's not MSG, but has been compared... baha Dubi.

That's a lot of "hope".

Agree Derby... with some luck the beer will flow heavy on Monday leading to a vocal home crowd to help the CBJ win...

As for that Dubi commercial, it was based on the last game of the season last year when we needed to win for a chance to make the playoffs... unfortunately a crowd in Columbus as that is the exception not the rule..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad