GDT: Game 42: Battle of Alberta : Oilers @ Flames HNIC 8:00 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Kane is also in his 30s. We could be seeing the beginning of his decline. Lucic was on the decline by the time he got to Edmonton and he was only 29.
Looking at his interviews from last year and this year I don't think he has been in the gym as often.. He doesn't have the thick neck or the thick wrists like he used to

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Kane...not sure if he has been good tonight or bad....but I have noticed him
Same. He’s had some good plays or almost good plays that haven’t quite gone his way tonight. Some sloppy plays too. I predict he wasn’t happy about that call against him, wasn’t happy about a hit he took behind the net when he grabbed at his face like he’d been clipped. Probably wasn’t happy about the way Gagner got crushed. He’s going to have a big third period.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Not a very good period from the Oilers, I thought Calgary looked better and could have taken the lead. Oilers have been a very strong third period team throughout this win streak and they’ll need to dial it up again tonight. I don’t think that second period energy they showed will get it done.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Same. He’s had some good plays or almost good plays that haven’t quite gone his way tonight. Some sloppy plays too. I predict he wasn’t happy about that call against him, wasn’t happy about a hit he took behind the net when he grabbed at his face like he’d been clipped. Probably wasn’t happy about the way Gagner got crushed. He’s going to have a big third period.
That hit on gagner was so late

Oil better watch the blueline. Twice these turds skate into us and make contact and then flop

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
Not a very good period from the Oilers, I thought Calgary looked better and could have taken the lead. Oilers have been a very strong third period team throughout this win streak and they’ll need to dial it up again tonight. I don’t think that second period energy they showed will get it done.
Today has been a weird one. We come out flying all 1st when we are usually sleep walking.

2nd is iffy. We still had more chances.

I don't know what to think about the third.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
I feel like in previous years, when McDavid was cold, reuniting him with Draisaitl would get him going again. Drai never gets the appropriate credit for that but it has happened on multiple occasions. Not advocating putting them back together just yet but might need to be looked at.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
He's not healthy. He scored 64 last year and now he looks for every excuse not to shoot. And he hasn't been blowing by guys as often.
I dunno. His speed is on, everything looks on except he's making wrong plays with puck constantly. NHL opponents also reading him better. McD is not mixing it up well, more predictable than usual what he's going to do. To the point of telegraphing his plays. That said his shot does look off. But he sure shows the speed every pregame flying out of the tunnet skating laps around everybody else. McD's trouble, if he has it is he wants the game to be at full speed all the time. Last season he was learning to slow it down like Drai does and be more evaluative in plays. This season he's forcing a lot and trying to do everything at speed again. He had great success last season changing up and varying tempo. It was confusing defenses

Reactions: Ginger Papa

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
How many goalies (especially backups) playing out of their mind have we run into during this streak? Seems like every night. Never can catch any team struggling, but thankfully we still have been winning.

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad