GDT: Game 41: Gimme a Dozen - Kraken @ Oilers 7pm - SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Kane can barely make 5 foot passes these days let alone cross ice through a forest of sticks passes. He’s just forcing things and not playing with confidence or any smarts right now.
put mcLeod back on the second line. Kane has been awful.

either way an awful period All the way around. Seattle was cherry picking like crazy and it worked multiple times. just have to hope Edm keep it at 2 and can come back.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
Nuge is kinda in a funk and so is Kane. Maybe, just maybe swap the two. Perhaps that gives both a boost and change the chemistry slightly enough to create something.. different. Lol

Also; switch the PP up! It can't hurt.. especially how bad it's looked in the last 15 or so games.
Also when is Holloway coming up. We could use his energy

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Knob needs to talk to Connor and tell him to shoot. He scored 60 last year but doesn't look like he'll be close this year.
Yup. McDavid is overpassing way too much. Get selfish. Get greedy. Go into beast mode. They might need him to tonight if it continues.

Reactions: JeffSkinner53

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Like.

Like if you don’t think goals happen at a high rate on Breakaways or perfect cross ice passes that leave the net empty I don’t know what to tell you.

Like watch some goals against the Shesterkins, Vasis, or Sorokins of the world and give yourself some PERSPECTIVE. Goals happen in this League.
Still, Skinner stopped 1 out of 3 of those and we should expect 2 out of 3. I don't think it means he's doing bad necessarily as stats like that don't mean much with a sample this small. This deficit is on the D, and on the offense not executing

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I've said this same thing so many times defending some of the goals scored on our goalies and have been told by the same select few around here that I'm just straight up wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about

I’ll be the First to call out a bad goal when I see one. These goals ain’t it. Bad goals are easy to see you don’t need to squint and reach for all these spurious reasons. Heck you don’t even need to see them, the broadcasters will call them out for you or Skinner himself will call it out. They’ll say stuff like “skinner would have liked that one back”. Yeeeeeeeesh.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
He's trying to be too cute, and I notice he's sort of reverted to trying to pass directly through opposing sticks on the ice, which is what he was doing early in the season. Hope it's just a couple of rough games and not going to be a pattern going forward.
Yup. Needs to end. Needs to have that killer instinct.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Still, Skinner stopped 1 out of 3 of those and we should expect 2 out of 3. I don't think it means he's doing bad necessarily as stats like that don't mean much with a sample this small. This deficit is on the D, and on the offense not executing
Small sample. Exactly. So it’s not indicative of anything. So let’s not waste our time.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Nuge isn’t slumping. A bit quiet but his contributions to that line can be very subtle. Like just a smart small area pass, or a puck dig out. I wouldn’t touch line 1, it’s rolling.
Nuge is back to his usual this season. Its amazing how little production and scoring he has given he's playing on the topline in the league and on an explosive first unit PP. Nuge had 14 goals last year on that same PP. This season he has two. He's not being the same player at all. Not bearing down on chances and when he's getting pucks through he's not cashing.

Sloppy period by the club. Can't be giving up those kind of chances. Good thing that was Tanev on last breakaway.

mkatcherin00

Apr 2, 2023
put mcLeod back on the second line. Kane has been awful.

either way an awful period All the way around. Seattle was cherry picking like crazy and it worked multiple times. just have to hope Edm keep it at 2 and can come back.
That is pretty much the only ay we are winning tonight. Keep them at 2. Giving up 2 gifts like we did was terrible. You never see us give up breakaways

That 2 on 1 where McDavid did nothing could have turned on the jets if he scored. I don't know if he has zero confidence in his shot anymore or what.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This period felt like oilers hockey from the beginning of the season.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
I actually don't mind McDavid playing around during the season. It burns us but it supports his creative process. For instance that spinorama move is deadly but the only way to find its limits is to play with it
I hope you're being sarcastic

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nuge is back to his usual this season. Its amazing how little production and scoring he has given he's playing on the topline in the league and on an explosive first unit PP. Nuge had 14 goals last year on that same PP. This season he has two. He's not being the same player at all. Not bearing down on chances and when he's getting pucks through he's not cashing.

Sloppy period by the club. Can't be giving up those kind of chances. Good thing that was Tanev on last breakaway.
Nuge is pacing for the same point drop as McDavid. Pp has been rough this year for the most part, and it’s not just Nuge.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Disagree. He’s been fine. Has he been 100 points level good, no but he’s paid 5M and still making big plays.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
What? Nah.

That's why all shooters score on like 90% of shootout attempts.

Oh, wait, the best shooters rock like 30%...

It would be interesting to see what the breakaway % is vs shootout %.

Different situations. On shootouts goalies know what’s coming they can be very aggressive. Broken plays resulting in breakaways are a different kettle of fish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad