GDT: Game 41: Gimme a Dozen - Kraken @ Oilers 7pm - SN1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
He's trying to be too cute, and I notice he's sort of reverted to trying to pass directly through opposing sticks on the ice, which is what he was doing early in the season. Hope it's just a couple of rough games and not going to be a pattern going forward.

I can’t help but wonder if there has been a hand/wrist injury of some sort the whole year.

Even the most pass happy versions of Connor in the past weren’t this pass happy. He literally won’t shoot.

Reactions: KarmaPolice

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Team too satisfied by tanking the Leafs franchise or what?

Press clippings time is over. Time to get back to work.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Man I don’t know how anyone watches whatever the hell that period was and comes away with the conclusion being that Skinner is at fault.

You all need to start recognizing your biases.
we can say Skinner played the breakaway wrong. It doesn't mean we're blaming him. At least certainly not me. Saying he could have played the 2nd goal better isn't saying hes a piece of shit who can't stop a shot.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Ekholm had a dream last night that he was actually Erik Karlsson.

McDavid has a hallpass to do what he wants but he has been making a lot of poor decisions lately.
I actually don't mind McDavid playing around during the season. It burns us but it supports his creative process. For instance that spinorama move is deadly but the only way to find its limits is to play with it

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Man I don’t know how anyone watches whatever the hell that period was and comes away with the conclusion being that Skinner is at fault.

You all need to start recognizing your biases.

Like.

Like if you don’t think goals happen at a high rate on Breakaways or perfect cross ice passes that leave the net empty I don’t know what to tell you.

Like watch some goals against the Shesterkins, Vasis, or Sorokins of the world and give yourself some PERSPECTIVE. Goals happen in this League.

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Nuge is kinda in a funk and so is Kane. Maybe, just maybe swap the two. Perhaps that gives both a boost and change the chemistry slightly enough to create something.. different. Lol

Also; switch the PP up! It can't hurt.. especially how bad it's looked in the last 15 or so games.

Ibanez

Dec 1, 2014
we were down 2 recently I seem to recall
Reset in intermission
Oh yeah. Game ain’t over. We seem to like the rope a dope. It’s just not a good long term strategy

So many bad habits creeping in.

Hopefully we smarten up

Reactions: KCC

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I've been fine with him. But I trade him for the cap relief today easily. Too much risk of his game falling off the face of the Earth.
There's no way we can trade him while he's slumping. He has term left.

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Like.

Like if you don’t think goals happen at a high rate on Breakaways or perfect cross ice passes that leave the net empty I don’t know what to tell you.

Like watch some goals against the Shesterkins, Vasis, or Sorokins of the world and give yourself some PERSPECTIVE. Goals happen in this League.
I've said this same thing so many times defending some of the goals scored on our goalies and have been told by the same select few around here that I'm just straight up wrong and have no idea what I'm talking about

Reactions: OfCorsiDid

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Nuge is kinda in a funk and so is Kane. Maybe, just maybe swap the two. Perhaps that gives both a boost and change the chemistry slightly enough to create something.. different. Lol

Also; switch the PP up! It can't hurt.. especially how bad it's looked in the last 15 or so games.

Nuge isn’t slumping. A bit quiet but his contributions to that line can be very subtle. Like just a smart small area pass, or a puck dig out. I wouldn’t touch line 1, it’s rolling.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad