Half-Assed GDT: game -4: Starry edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Would you all feel comfortable with these pairings?

Lindbohm-Petro
Edmundson-Shattenkirk
Jbo-Parayko/Bortuzzo
Butler, Bortuzzo/Parayko

:dunno:

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
I'm very excited for Edmundson. All we did last was ***** and moan for big physical dman to compliment Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk.

Well our cup overflowith.

Edmundson 6'4" 210
Lindbohm 6'3 2??
Parayko 6'5" 225

And then there is still Bortuzzo lol

Such a 180° from last year

Edmundson was a player I was really high on at one time. His injury kinda made me forget abou him and I thought he was stagnating a little bit in the AHL.

I'm very glad he's rounding out to form he's my type of defenseman big mean with a cannon of a shot.

I had hopes for Ponich at one time it is a shme his knee injury killed his mobility which was never great to begin with.

Hooliganx3

Oct 28, 2010
Would you all feel comfortable with these pairings?

Lindbohm-Petro
Edmundson-Shattenkirk
Jbo-Parayko/Bortuzzo
Butler, Bortuzzo/Parayko

:dunno:

Unfortionately I wouldn't yet. I do think they may be the most talented combos with Edmundson, Lindbohm and Parayko in the lineup. Unfortionately I'm not sure how smart it would be to go with 3 rookies on defense.

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
Lindbohm is listed as a 198lbs, but I think he could be around 200-209lbs. Maybe north 209.

Meatball

2018-19 Stanley Cup Champions! :3
Jul 1, 2014
St. Louis
Unfortionately I wouldn't yet. I do think they may be the most talented combos with Edmundson, Lindbohm and Parayko in the lineup. Unfortionately I'm not sure how smart it would be to go with 3 rookies on defense.

I would probably put Bort next to Bo, that being the case, but there's one thing not up for debate: we need more physical play on the left side.

Edmundson and Lindbohm stay in.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
I was all primed and ready a few minutes before game time, and I accidentally FELL ASLEEP!!! I woke up a couple of minutes ago, and to my great surprise, the game is almost over and The Blues are leading 5-0!!!:):):)

If you know of a TV stream that works, please PM me. Thanks.

Robb

shpongle falls

Ass Möde
Oct 1, 2014
The Night Train
Super stoked to hear that Lindbohm, Parayko, and Edmunson are playing great so far, I love the idea of those 3 replacing Jbo and Gunner in the near future, and Bortuzzo could be an ideal 7th dman. I hope we can hang on to Shatty though long term.

And man more reports that Jaskin looks really fast so far this year, that is awesome and can't wait to see it with my own eyes! Looks like he's gonna be a second round gem, he's progressed nicely.

How has Rattie and Paajarvi looked this game? I hope the Blues use them as the extra forwards instead of Gomez and Upshall cause I like their upside, although I'll understand why they would want a veteran reserve player. I hope at least Rattie can stick with the Blues this year.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Glad to see The Blues' defence and Elliott also doing well, while the offence is scoring. Not surprised to see Tarasenko taking advantage of the weak defences in the chaotic early pre-season test line-ups.

I've already read that Tarasenko, Jaskin and Lindbohm have looked good. Who else has?

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Glad to see The Blues' defence and Elliott also doing well, while the offence is scoring. Not surprised to see Tarasenko taking advantage of the weak defences in the chaotic early pre-season test line-ups.

I've already read that Tarasenko, Jaskin and Lindbohm have looked good. Who else has?

It's dallas lol....won't be any difference come regular season. Except the score with be 6-5

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Super stoked to hear that Lindbohm, Parayko, and Edmunson are playing great so far, I love the idea of those 3 replacing Jbo and Gunner in the near future, and Bortuzzo could be an ideal 7th dman. I hope we can hang on to Shatty though long term.

And man more reports that Jaskin looks really fast so far this year, that is awesome and can't wait to see it with my own eyes! Looks like he's gonna be a second round gem, he's progressed nicely.

How has Rattie and Paajarvi looked this game? I hope the Blues use them as the extra forwards instead of Gomez and Upshall cause I like their upside, although I'll understand why they would want a veteran reserve player. I hope at least Rattie can stick with the Blues this year.

Rattie has 2 assists. I'd hope he was really involved in those offensive plays, and the weren't just routine passes in the neutral zone, with his linemates doing all the creative work.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Nice to see Stastny with 3 points and 2 goals, and Edmundson and Lindbohm with goals. I saw Lindbohm's "bomb" on delayed video. Was Edmondson's a hard shot that got through?

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Highlights from the Blues website, no sound though.

[nhl]836774[/nhl]

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
So let's say.....

Steen Stastny Tarasenko
Schwartz Lehterä Jaskin
Fabbri Backes Brouwer
Ott - Brodziak - Reaves

FYP, I think you cannot do anything wrong how you place top6, its either Stastny or Lehterä, I just hope they gain more chemistry with Stastny - Tarasenko and Lehterä with Jaskin, knowing with Schwartz Lehterä has some chemistry. I think Schwartz - Lehterä - Fabbri could be one that I would like to see. Still I think Lehterä has stone legs so 2 wingers who has legs doesn't hurt, but in other hand Jaskin in 3rd line with Irwin man + Chicago man doens't give my hopes high. So could it be Lehterä would be better balanced in 1st with Steen and Tarasenko, 'cus we know Stastny have gem with Schwart + Jaskin and it wont hurt that line. idk, I'm just throwing things here.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
So just got home from the game and what a game to watch. The Blues played a very uptempo game with very quick transitions. Every defensemen had fantastic pinches and kept the puck in the zone nearly every time I thought the puck would for sure leave the zone. There was a little bit of sloppy play from the offense but it just looked like regular preseason mistakes, just being a little lazy trying some cute passes. Anyways time for my player analysis.

Parayko: Just as I said in my previous post, this guy plays as he was advertised. He was a head taller than everyone on the ice including Pietrangelo. He wasn't all that physical in terms of trying to hit guys but he did win almost every single board battle in both zones. He has a great stick that he used very well to keep the puck in the zone, keep the cycle going when deep in the offensive zone, and easy pokechecks when players would come down on him in his own zone. His skating was awkward at times but I think that is only because of his size, his edgework was nice and he has big long strides. See's the ice well and can make tape to tape passes quick and effectively. He does need to work on his wrist shot from the point because all of them were flutterers, but man was his slapshot a bomb and when he would shoot the whole crowd would ooh and ahh.

Edmundson: He impressed me the most out of him and Parayko. He's for sure NHL ready. Not just physically because the guy is HUGE, but his game is very well rounded and was actually surprised how well he can skate and move the puck for not seeing him play before and only hearing how big of a bruiser he was. I don't see him in the AHL much longer at all. Once Gunnarson is gone, he'll easily be able to replace him. I would say he has mid 2nd/very high 3rd pairing potential.

Lindbohm: He played with Petro the whole game and was awesome. Loved his game just as much as I did last season. He made very little mistakes, had some great pinches, and a nice goal (assist?) still think Jaskin tipped it, was on the other end so I didn't get a good look. I wouldn't be surprised to see him paired with Petro all year.

Shattenkirk: Good ol' Shatty. Looking like he is in the same form of last year. He had an incredible save in the third when Elliott two pad stack slid way out of the net and Shatty came rushing in and blocked a goal, crowd went nuts.

Benoit: I was actually surprised with Benoit, I thought he played a solid game. He didn't wow you but he definitely stood out in a good way in both zones.

Pietrangelo: Saving the best for last. Man oh man was this guy on a completely different level than anyone on the ice including Tarasenko. Pietrangelo absolutely DOMINATED the game. I wasn't sure if he was playing left or right defense, left wing, right wing, center, or goalie. He was always involved in any play. He would skate up the ice effortlessly with the puck gaining beautiful zone entries. His patience with the puck was something to behold, there were so many times I thought he was going to get the puck stolen but he would curl and slow up to make a beautiful pass to set up a scoring chance. I'm not even lying when I'm saying he looked even better than he did in the playoffs last year. I lost my voice from all of his plays alone.

Schwartz: He played only okay. He wasn't bad but really wasn't noticeable on the ice but maybe that's because Jaskin stole the show.

Steen: Steen played like the Steen of the past 2 seasons. Absolute dog on the puck and had some nifty passes.

Tarasenko: Tarasenko definitely looks more confident out there than he ever has, he looks very comfortable. He played a good game but he made the most mistakes out of anyone on the team combined, a lot of bad passes causing turnovers but honestly it wasn't that big of a deal because when it happened it just looked like he was trying something new or wanted to do something cool for the fans.

Stastny: Staz showed up and showed why we are paying him 7mil. He looked like the number one center we are looking for. He had a few gaffs here and there but overall he was a beast. He had some excellent passes and scored 2 great goals.

Rattie: Rattie looked pretty good. He had some nice passes but never really had an opportunity to shoot. He was actually very involved physically, he threw a couple big hits. While he's not a bad player and do think he has the chance to be a 3rd/2nd line tweener. I don't see him having a spot on the Blues and he should be ready to play a full role in the NHL in a year or two.

Pajaarvi: BUST

Caron: He looked good early on in the game and was hounding the puck but as the game progressed he started to disappear. Wouldn't be a bad 3rd/4th line guy.

Jaskin: Figured I would save the best for last again. Jaskin was a monster out there. In the third period had absolutely laid out Nichushkin to where he was slow getting to the bench while Jaskin hustled his ass back down the ice. He was involved in every single play and at times it felt like he was playing center on his line instead of Schwartz just because he covered so much ice. I said earlier that his skating has improved tenfold. He is now fast, I would say his speed can be compared to Schwartz's and his edgework while not spectacular, is certainly a huge improvement as it seems that after he's done turning, his first step is much quicker now. His pass to Stastny in the third was one of the most beautiful passes I've ever seen. It was a two on two with Jaskin carrying the puck up through the center of the ice and cut to the outside right wing and did a little power move on the Dallas defenseman only to give a sweet tape to tape saucer pass all the way to Staz on the complete opposite wing for him to blast it home with a one-timer. Jaskin has me very excited for this year and I can see him easily putting up 25-30 goals with 45-50 points this year.

Elliott: Ells played the whole game and faced 22 shots stopping them all. He really didn't get challenged much but he looked solid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad