GDT: Game 4: Hurricanes @ Devils | 7:00 p.m. on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I do expect a Carolina response in tonight's game and I expect this game to be a lot tighter for once (a 1 or 2 goal margin).

So far each loss has been a blow out for both sides.

Both teams have traded blows in heavy weight bout with these blow outs.

I'm thinking of the notes to that song:

'Anything you can do I can do better.' in relation to the teams blowing each other out.

Just need to see whom delivers the knockout punch.

I hope Carolina does not pull a 2nd round last season when they had a 2-0 lead vs the Rangers and lost the series. They're first ever series loss when leading 2-0.

And I have a feeling that whomever wins this game wins the series for me.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I do expect a Carolina response in tonight's game and I expect this game to be a lot tighter for once (a 1 or 2 goal margin).

So far each loss has been a blow out for both sides.

Both teams have traded blows in heavy weight bout with these blow outs.

I'm thinking of the notes to that song:

'Anything you can do I can do better.' in relation to the teams blowing each other out.

Just need to see whom delivers the knockout punch.

I hope Carolina does not pull a 2nd round last season when they had a 2-0 lead vs the Rangers and lost the series. They're first ever series loss when leading 2-0.

And I have a feeling that whomever wins this game wins the series for me.
I agree it'll be close and it would really suck to let them back into the series after the first 2 dominant home wins. That said I don't think a Devils win tonight means they will win the series. They don't really have an answer for us when we can set the matchups. Rangers did have an answer (PP and Igor) and even our early home wins last year against them were very very close. Anything can happen but I feel confident in us taking the series regardless of what happens tonight. Drop game 5 at home and I won't obviously, and of course game 7s can go either way and we shouldn't let it get to that point. But I'm just not concerned yet. A win tonight and the series is all but over IMO. So boys let's get it done

Reactions: HydratedByStormBrew

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
dilip-sardesai.jpg

Me trying to understand Cricket real quick.

Now let the mighty Summer Rose lead us to stick puck victory!
I live by a cricket park and I still haven't figured it out.

But I agree with the stick puck victory!!!!

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I am...unsure how to feel.

Please be the Good Freddie tonight.

I'm sure Freddie is looking to get back out there for redemption. The whole team in front of him was bad Sunday so I wouldn't put it all on him.

Think of this like a pitcher coming out of the bullpen.

In one outing he gives up a grand slam (Andersen gave up 4 goals before being pulled)

Then the next day the same pitcher comes out of the pen looking to redeem himself and gives up nothing facing the same lineup he faced the night before.

I'm not going to expect Andersen to get a shut out but I expect him to rebound nicely.

We'll know very shortly.

Let's hope tonight is the start of something good. I'd love to seem him go back on that roll he went on last year when he won his first 8 starts.

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC
It's baseball with two bases. It's harder to get guys out. Knock down the wickets = strikeout ("bowled"). Catch the ball, batter is out. Tag the runner off base, the runner is out. The hitter gets to keep hitting until he's out. You go through the batting order once, and then the other team goes through their batting order. That's it. That's the game.

There are other details, of course, but basically it's the same game, and I am always shocked when Americans can't understand it.
Thank you so much for the explanation.

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
I'm still holding out hope for FL Carolina final. Would love to see the Staal brothers face off in a series.

Brad Meador

May 5, 2019
So weird, Carolina was a great faceoff team in the regular season; but no so great in the playoffs. What the?

Same as a road team: They won 20 plus on the road this season and have difficulty in the playoffs.

So strange and frustrating. Looks to be a better start already for us tonight.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Amorgus

Sep 22, 2017
Rochester NY
I've been lurking around hf boards for a number of years. I must say the hurricanes threads are normally the most fun and where to expect the unexpected.

Are people from NC in general laid back and humorous? Or is it just a few jolly farts here from various countries?

My only IRL US experience is that I've lived in Massachusetts for some time. They were pretty much as dry as us Nordic people.

#beattheyass
Have you seen the batshit insanity of the average Flyers threads? Yet another reason our fanbases get along. Although most of us with any sense of sanity have abandoned the team until they're sold by Comcast and Bobby Clarke and his cronies are hanged for crimes against the sport.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad