GDT: Game 4: Hurricanes @ Devils | 7:00 p.m. on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I was finally able to pinpoint my impatience with the broadcast coverage tonight…perhaps y’all have already.

When the Hurricanes are getting their asses handed to them, all the talk revolves around how the other team is taking it to the Hurricanes. They talk about “what a great story it is that so-and-so is playing so well!” for the other team. They talk about how the other team is imposing their will on the Hurricanes. All talk is centric to the other team.

When the Hurricanes are dominating, all talk surrounds the fact that the other team is struggling. But even more so, it’s about what the other team needs to do in order to fix their problem. They discuss the players who are struggling for the other team. All talk is centric to the other team.

I know, I’m preaching to the choir.
Well I didnt hear any of that. I heard how suffocating the Canes D was and how Jersey had no answer for what the Canes were doing to them in the neutral zone

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I was finally able to pinpoint my impatience with the broadcast coverage tonight…perhaps y’all have already.

When the Hurricanes are getting their asses handed to them, all the talk revolves around how the other team is taking it to the Hurricanes. They talk about “what a great story it is that so-and-so is playing so well!” for the other team. They talk about how the other team is imposing their will on the Hurricanes. All talk is centric to the other team.

When the Hurricanes are dominating, all talk surrounds the fact that the other team is struggling. But even more so, it’s about what the other team needs to do in order to fix their problem. They discuss the players who are struggling for the other team. All talk is centric to the other team.

I know, I’m preaching to the choir.
100%.

That's par for the course with the media. Instead of Anybody But Carolina (ABC) for UNC in college sports, it's ABC for the Carolina Hurricanes from the national media's perspective.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Alright, I've gotten around to watching the highlights. That play by Slavin on the first Canes goal was spectacular. First off, the timing couldn't have been better. If he doesn't steal that puck, McLeod is getting at worst a partial breakaway. Going down 2-0 with a couple minutes left in the first would have been devastating. Instead the puck is immediately moving back the other direction, and Hughes got caught trying to change, giving Necas the time he needed to bat the puck out of mid-air for the goal. What a f***ing play.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
So, was out catching up with a couple friends who are Devils fans for this one.

They left after the 2nd. I stayed at the bar feelin' pretty good. We'll see how pretty good I'm feelin'in the morning. But it was a pretty dive bar, so not much damage to the wallet for a cheesesteak and however many beers I wound up drinking.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
So proud of our boys. I knew they would win.

Is it too early to say WE WANT THE CUP
How about “WE WANT FLORIDA!”? :laugh:

That's quite a list!!
Marty's flying out there!!

1683711531135.gif

jiitu

Jun 17, 2013
I was checking something else, but when talking about depth, happebed to realize why they may let Nino go. I mean, i was really sad as i felt he was one key depth ..but as caniac he

Regular season: 0.59 points per game +59!

Playoffs: 0.28 ppg, -12. During same period, the second worst on +- is actually KK -4. I didnt realize how bad he struggled in PO.

...just came up with this.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Alright, I've gotten around to watching the highlights. That play by Slavin on the first Canes goal was spectacular. First off, the timing couldn't have been better. If he doesn't steal that puck, McLeod is getting at worst a partial breakaway. Going down 2-0 with a couple minutes left in the first would have been devastating. Instead the puck is immediately moving back the other direction, and Hughes got caught trying to change, giving Necas the time he needed to bat the puck out of mid-air for the goal. What a f***ing play.

Slavin has gone beastmode in this series. He absolutely dominated play in the 2 games in Raleigh and it was more of the same last night.

If I remember correctly, he's been nursing injuries the last few years entering the playoffs, and maybe that was the big difference between what we saw then vs where this team is now. He's just so damn good, he shuts down everything within 5 feet of him, it's incredible.

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021
Slavin has gone beastmode in this series. He absolutely dominated play in the 2 games in Raleigh and it was more of the same last night.

If I remember correctly, he's been nursing injuries the last few years entering the playoffs, and maybe that was the big difference between what we saw then vs where this team is now. He's just so damn good, he shuts down everything within 5 feet of him, it's incredible.
Makes me want to order a jersey with his number and NOPE across the back

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
I was checking something else, but when talking about depth, happebed to realize why they may let Nino go. I mean, i was really sad as i felt he was one key depth ..but as caniac he

Regular season: 0.59 points per game +59!

Playoffs: 0.28 ppg, -12. During same period, the second worst on +- is actually KK -4. I didnt realize how bad he struggled in PO.

...just came up with this.
Not to mention he seems to take bad penalties at inopportune moments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad