GDT: Game 4: Hurricanes @ Devils | 7:00 p.m. on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ndp

Hurricanes Pessimist
Oct 29, 2015
The old narrative was "Everybody tries in the playoffs". I guess the Canes figured it out, and are trying even harderer this post season.
Part of me thinks they’re benefiting a little on the psychological side of things with NYR, BOS and TB all out of the equation. They’re playing with a ton of confidence right now.

Not that I think there is, or was any doubt in the room, but you’ve got to think the guys are thinking the same thing as a lot of fans, the path to the finals is wide ass open.

Couple that with some of the mid six guys (Martinook, Fast) playing some of the best hockey of their entire careers and this team is buzzing. NJ is fighting for every inch of ice and the Hurricanes experience is really showing through. I hope they can finish this thing off and hopefully get some rest. If they end up in the ECF against FL that’s a whole different animal, skill of NJ with the physicality of NYI who seem to be peaking at just the right time.

It’s a super exciting time to be a fan. As a farmer it sucks that it’s happening right when the clutch goes out on a tractor and I’m already putting in 10+ hours 6-7 days a week. Big time 1st world problems!

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
I was finally able to pinpoint my impatience with the broadcast coverage tonight…perhaps y’all have already.

When the Hurricanes are getting their asses handed to them, all the talk revolves around how the other team is taking it to the Hurricanes. They talk about “what a great story it is that so-and-so is playing so well!” for the other team. They talk about how the other team is imposing their will on the Hurricanes. All talk is centric to the other team.

When the Hurricanes are dominating, all talk surrounds the fact that the other team is struggling. But even more so, it’s about what the other team needs to do in order to fix their problem. They discuss the players who are struggling for the other team. All talk is centric to the other team.

I know, I’m preaching to the choir.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad