GDT: Game 4: Hurricanes @ Devils | 7:00 p.m. on ESPN

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
PK looks like a flight attendant that just survived a water landing
This was a gem and I had to quote it. I loled.
That's quite a list!!
Marty's flying out there!!

Why trade for a top 6 all-star player when we've had an extra one all along that we didn't know about? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I'm happy for Martinook. What a trooper for the Canes, and he's gotten rewarded big time. I think even Aho might have to look up to Martinook for a little while now lol.
Shane throwing some serious shade at PK last night

Thank you Shane.

I appreciate somebody in the media pushing back on Subban's BS since the national broadcast teams aren't after Ryan Callahan tried to in the 1st intermission of game 1.

I wish we could go back to hearing our local broadcasters for the rest of the playoffs. Between Keith Jones and Subban, muting the game at times doesn't seem like a bad idea.

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
One thing you can't say about Governor Cooper is that he isn't a genuine fan of his local sports team.

I think for quite a few politicians, that's not the case. He really does love the Hurricanes.

I was surprised by how knowledgeable about hockey he is. I thought he was just coming to games for the good press, but he really understands the game and you can tell hes not doing it for show.

PS yesterday was just one big giant blur. What happened? I just remember being really happy lol

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I was surprised by how knowledgeable about hockey he is. I thought he was just coming to games for the good press, but he really understands the game and you can tell hes not doing it for show.

PS yesterday was just one big giant blur. What happened? I just remember being really happy lol
I read he was a STM long before he was governor. His fandom is absolutely genuine

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
This was a gem and I had to quote it. I loled.

Why trade for a top 6 all-star player when we've had an extra one all along that we didn't know about? :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, I'm happy for Martinook. What a trooper for the Canes, and he's gotten rewarded big time. I think even Aho might have to look up to Martinook for a little while now lol.

Thank you Shane.

I appreciate somebody in the media pushing back on Subban's BS since the national broadcast teams aren't after Ryan Callahan tried to in the 1st intermission of game 1.

I wish we could go back to hearing our local broadcasters for the rest of the playoffs. Between Keith Jones and Subban, muting the game at times doesn't seem like a bad idea.
Eddie Olczyk is the worst. Sounds like he’s still upset that his bro Ron Francis was let go.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Marty was put on Waviers on October 7th, 2022?

24 Hours Later: Dannnggggg That was Too Close!!

I don't know whether it is a gentlemen's agreement that teams just don't claim each other's players from waivers done by the last cap moves right before the season stars, or if all of the teams are wrestling with similar cap/contracts compliancy issues that it's just not plausible to do waiver claims at that point of pre-season, but you really don't see claims happen off that kind of waivers:

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Wow at TOI for Jarvy:
1683746788423.png

MisterDobz

Tryin to Reason with Hurricane Season
Apr 13, 2022
Chicago, Florida
Watching last nights game again, I am saddened by the one sided view given by the commentators, every devils play is great, every canes good play is only examined as to how the devils need to react to it. on the first canes goal, real time, the comment was wow! The devil player almost skated around Slavin, when upon replay, they had to admit that maybe Slavin had actually made a great play. On the jersey goal it was all about the ‘textbook’ forecheck, later revised it to a maybe bad turnover by Pesce.

just now was the rant about the canes have no depth….

but these guys we’re hall of famers compared to homers Eddie O, PK and the worst, Kieth Jones….

Feb 4, 2017
Stockholm
People in/from North Carolina a pretty much like anyone else.

This place is just a distillation of the weirdos from anywhere. We are 190 proof weirdos.
Well, my point was that you are different! 'Anyone else' is less fun than you guys

Humble tho
10 years straight of missing the playoffs does shit to people. It was like going to war and we have to use sarcasm to laugh.
Mhmh I hear you man. It's just like work.

Besides... You know what they say about having to wait a long time for something good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad