Post-Game Talk: GAME 4 DALLAS - Dallas 38-3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I think you won't know what you got in a QB unless you surround them with SOME resemblance of talent.
Yeah that’s true but idk some of the issues we’re seeing with Mac may not be fixed by just adding a top receiver.

I like a lot about Mac but not sure he’s worth hanging on and finding out what he really is when we somehow find some real weapons.

End of the day it’s likely not gonna happen with Bill here. He’s not gonna draft the receivers needed for Mac and they’re probably not gonna pay for any of them if they became available in trade/free agency either.

And Kraft probably isn’t gonna move on from either of them haha so it is what it is. Even if they’re not great at it I’d hope they keep taking swings on higher round receivers and QB’s with more talent upside.

Reactions: Gordoff

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
5th lowest yards per carry in the NFL and one of a handful of teams with no runs of 20+ yards. O-line can't create holes for guys to run through. Actually that's not 100% true, they're great at making holes for defenders to run through.
Imagine building your offense around a strong running game but ignoring the offensive line? Checkers not chess.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mahomes with 2 INT's already by the Jets.

Mac so far has played better than him verses the Jets D. Go figure that one.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
All I can say is that it’s time for Bill Belichick to move on.

He makes the draft selections.
He signs the free agents.
He assembles the coaching staff.
He hires the scouts.

THERE IS NO ONE ELSE TO BLAME.

This football team is awful. The only player on offense that I thought looked consistently good today was Hunter Henry. Even if you leave out the turnovers and 2-point conversion, three points is not enough 99% of the time.

The play calling was atrocious. There is no ground attack to speak of. Running between the tackles is not working at all because the offensive line can’t run block. Not only that, but the O line is stunningly prone to drive-killing penalties.

No playmakers. Little talent. Complete lack of accountability.

In the “first” Patriots Dynasty, Scott Pioli had a huge hand in personnel decisions and development. The players he brought in augmented the leftovers from the Bill Parcells Era and a couple of players from the Carroll Era.

The “second” Dynasty was built by Nick Caserio. No leftover players from previous regimes, and it was more impressive than the first three Super Bowls.

Now? We have Matt Groh. Al Groh’s son. Matt isn’t doing a great job, is he? Do you think Bill will fire his friend’s son? Me neither.

I’m convinced the Krafts are talking among themselves about moving on from bill. While they are absolutely businessmen, they do want to win as well. I don’t think it will happen during the season, but a few more weeks of this should seal the deal unless there’s some kind of miraculous winning streak to finish the season.

Bill isn’t sunk yet, but he’s circling the drain.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
And when he did invest he used a first round pick on potential bust Cole Strange
He reached for a guy in the first round that by most experts rankings had a third round grade on him. Drafting him early doesn’t make him any better, it just means you blew valuable high pick draft capital on a marginal player you could have gotten much later for a lower pick.

Reactions: Johnnyduke

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Can't wait for the next game against the Jets. Another epic pillow fight. If the Jets keep going with Zach Wilson they should be investigated for tanking.
Aging well.

If tonight's version of zac wilson showed up last week, the pats are 0-4.

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
For me there is nothing to talk about. Any other coach would be fired. Our WR's are terrible. Tell me that JuJu is better than Meyers? Our Running backs are struggling. Our defense is injured. Then there is our QB. I am done, good night. Watching the KC vs. Jets game it is halftime and the score is 20 vs. 12 KC .

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
If the Jets win this game, Zach Wilson vaults ahead of Mac Jones simply based on a singular achievement Mac has never been able to pull off.

A "comeback win"?

Mac beat the Jets last week. Had no interceptions and didn't look intimidated by the Jets D.

Mahomes already has 2 INTS, 8-17 135 and 1 TD thus far

The Jets D is legit and the Pats beat them. Regardless of the low score

Reactions: BMC

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
If the Jets win this one and we roll into tomorrow in sole possession of last place, it's gonna make for some fun radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad