GDT: Game 37: Montreal @ Dallas, Tues. Jan. 2nd, 8 p.m. | RDS, TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Yes... Slaf finishing ability ECHL quality at this point.
It is pretty frustrating, but the rest of his game has come a very long way in such a short span. Finishing ability won't happen overnight, expect an improvement next season after a full offseason training of it.

Reactions: HabbyGuy

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
By smiling? He can remain on LTIR forever for all I care.

Actually, I'll be nice and trade him to some US team for a 7th round pick in 2040.
If he smiled he'd sprain his face, he's not used to it

HabSgt

Go Habs D'OH
Oct 19, 2019
Montreal
What happened to constant-bitch-face Dvorak?
He smiled

1704246027917.jpeg

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I dont even care that Matheson is taking ice time. Well, PP from Guhle ya.

I care that he flat out sucks. Hes bad, hes terrible, he costs the team a goal per 20 minutes on average.

The only redeeming quality is his offense, and its highly unsustainable, which is why I want them to move him, not because of ice time. Hell be worth a 3rd rounder when theyre ready to move him, meanwhile they could just acquire a defensive vet for that, and move him for more.
I see your point, but none of the D are ready to make the jump up quite yet. Wifi is in Laval for a reason. Struble isn't getting a ton of ice time. Ghule is very close to making the jump. Matheson's offensive will continue to make him a valuable asset.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yolo goal then

I dont even care that Matheson is taking ice time. Well, PP from Guhle ya.

I care that he flat out sucks. Hes bad, hes terrible, he costs the team a goal per 20 minutes on average.

The only redeeming quality is his offense, and its highly unsustainable, which is why I want them to move him, not because of ice time. Hell be worth a 3rd rounder when theyre ready to move him, meanwhile they could just acquire a defensive vet for that, and move him for more.
Does it matter right now though?

Not really. We’re rebuilding. We’re going to be bottom ten. Let him rack points and burn heavy minutes. He’ll have trade value and we can cash in. If not this year then next.

No point in throwing Guele out there every night to get crushed. He’s going to be a great blueliner but he’s still really young.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
A bunch of guys from the current and former junior teams here in Plymouth in the building tonight. Seguin and Wedgewood played for the Plymouth Whalers (OHL) , DeBoer coached them, and Caufield from the NTDP. It's nostalgia night for me.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

Not really. We’re rebuilding. We’re going to be bottom ten. Let him rack points and burn heavy minutes. He’ll have trade value and we can cash in. If not this year then next.

No point in throwing Guele out there every night to get crushed. He’s going to be a great blueliner but he’s still really young.
Exactly. When they have 3 LD that need to be in the NHL and are ready they will have to decide what to do with Matheson.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

No point in throwing Guele out there every night to get crushed. He’s going to be a great blueliner but he’s still really yoyoung.
His offensive production will go down. Hes not a 60 points D.

Guhle is already drawing the defensive matchups and first PK. Hes thrown out to the wolves lol.

Reactions: bcv
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad