Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
1/3?

Feels good man

Is it too much to ask for a Pezzetta goal?

Get a vet on the market for the right side if thats what theyre scared of, for a 3rd or wtv.

Sit Barron or Harris, run the vet+Savard, voila.
Then you'll bitch that the new Vet will be getting all the ice time lol Just be patient, Matheson will be traded in due time.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Not a good time to try to bash on CC when he’s starting to find back his game and has been scoring.
CC will be fine in the long run. He’s played really well but it just hasn’t gone in. Shooting percentage won’t stay where it is forever. This will be a disappointing season but maybe the surgery has something to do with that.

I still say he’s a 50 goal scorer in the future. Just a shame it’s not this year.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Anyone else thinks that the nonstop glazing over Leafs players/prospects makes them think that they need to pay them more with their contract? 11.25x8 for Nylander is ridiculous.
It is but they already gave the big money to Matthews and Marner (few years ago) so Nylander is measuring himself to these guys.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Don't get too greedy
Yolo goal then
Then you'll bitch that the new Vet will be getting all the ice time lol Just be patient, Matheson will be traded in due time.
I dont even care that Matheson is taking ice time. Well, PP from Guhle ya.

I care that he flat out sucks. Hes bad, hes terrible, he costs the team a goal per 20 minutes on average.

The only redeeming quality is his offense, and its highly unsustainable, which is why I want them to move him, not because of ice time. Hell be worth a 3rd rounder when theyre ready to move him, meanwhile they could just acquire a defensive vet for that, and move him for more.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Habs looking good, slowly getting better, it's unfortunate we didn't get Dach this season.

I think the plan is going well , here's how I see it progressing :

- Habs keep drafting well.
- Existing youngsters either graduate or progress in the NHL.
- Habs acquire a couple more key players via trade (Matheson/Dach/Newhook as examples). This could be key Vets that are still useful for the forseeable future or 23/24 year olds looking for a change in scenery.
- Habs ideally stay healthy and Dach/Newhook inserted in the lineup full time boosts the offense.

This could be the recipe for a really competitive team in 2024-2025.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad