BRUINS GDT GAME 36 7:08 PM - THE BEAR starts 2024 in historic Columbus - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Was Frederic centering a line last game where he had the best game of his season? If not, why the f*** would you put him at center tonight?

It's little things like this that frustrate me.

Frederic did spend a little time playing center last game, but most of it was on the wing. I get your sentiment, and I'd agree that this isn't ideal. Challenge for the coach is he's got Beecher fairly scratched, Poitras unavailable, and he's really liking Geekie centering Zacha and Pasta because that's working pretty well. Which only leaves Freddie and Merkulov as potential bottom 6 Cs, maybe Heinen who has played pivot in the past but it's a long time ago now.

Hence this is what we get. Trent's still playing with 2 good linemates. They're a little bit of an odd combination but the talent is there. Hopefully it works out. This roster lacks depth, we all know this, so sometimes we get compromises like this, and if Monty juggles things around more than I would like, often the reasons for doing so are at least arguable.

Reactions: BMC and lopey

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Frederic did spend a little time playing center last game, but most of it was spent on the wing. I get your sentiment, and I'd agree that this isn't ideal. Challenge for the coach is he's got Beecher fairly scratched, Poitras unavailable, and he's really liking Geekie centering Zacha and Pasta because that's working pretty well. Which only leaves Freddie and Merkulov as potential bottom 6 Cs, maybe Heinen who has played pivot in the past but it's a long time ago now.

Hence this is what we get. Trent's still playing with 2 good linemates. They're a little bit of an odd combination but the talent is there. Hopefully it works out. This roster lacks depth, we all know this, so sometimes we get compromises like this, and if Monty juggles things around more than I would like, often the reasons for doing so are at least arguable.
I find the biggest knock on Frederic is his consistency. It's hard to have that consistency when you're getting shifted around to different positions.

I don't know, I just don't like it much.

Reactions: Fenian24 and hrdpuk

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I find the biggest knock on Frederic is his consistency. It's hard to have that consistency when you're getting shifted around to different positions.

I'd agree, but if you're a middle/bottom 6 forward and you play for Jim Montgomery then especially with this year's roster if you can't thrive in chaos and frequent shifting of positions and linemates then you're going to be in for a really hard time. Same goes for DeBrusk. It's a challenge for these guys but that's how it is.

Reactions: Ladyfan and hrdpuk

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
If the Bruins play with the heart we saw in the last three games, this should be a win. I loved how they didn't wilt when the officials blatantly favoured the Wings. That is how you respond, go win the game, no pouting and slumping shoulders.

Hoping for a fun game to start off the new year! Silence the cannon please.
Unfortunately, I am pretty sure McDougall and Rehman will put it to us again. Mcdougall was biased and terrible a few games ago. I forget which one he did. However, Columbus is a pit and they get an officiating advantage because of it. The Bruins will have to play through it.

Reactions: caz16

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Unfortunately, I am pretty sure McDougall and Rehman will put it to us again. Mcdougall was biased and terrible a few games ago. I forget which one he did. However, Columbus is a pit and they get an officiating advantage because of it. The Bruins will have to play through it.
If the Bruins move their feet, they'll get calls as well. The idea that the officiating is constantly out to get us is ridiculous, It's a lazy take.

For the love of god, the ref crew could be Fred Flinstone and George Jetson and people here would be like "We're gonna get screwed by the refs!"

(That said, last game was pretty shitty)

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
If the Bruins move their feet, they'll get calls as well. The idea that the officiating is constantly out to get us is ridiculous, It's a lazy take.

For the love of god, the ref crew could be Fred Flinstone and George Jetson and people here would be like "We're gonna get screwed by the refs!"

(That said, last game was pretty shitty)
You are correct about playing through it and moving their feet, but my officiating takes are not lazy whatsoever. They are well considered and based on what I see during games and seasons. Refs are good and bad and they also hold grudges against management and players. It is very naive to think otherwise. See the entire career of one Kerry "Mr. hair" Fraser

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
I'd agree, but if you're a middle/bottom 6 forward and you play for Jim Montgomery then especially with this year's roster if you can't thrive in chaos and frequent shifting of positions and linemates then you're going to be in for a really hard time. Same goes for DeBrusk. It's a challenge for these guys but that's how it is.
TF is not consistent in his focus or effort. He was this way under Cassidy as well. In his defense, I do think he has to have max effort because of average skills, and max effort is tough to maintain. But he should be more focused and more effective much more often.

Reactions: lopey

BTO

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 20, 2019
The Big Smoke (unfortunately)
Fantilli Should still be playing in Sweden, with Bedard.
Anyway, JVR was obviously going back in so somebody had to sit to keep Merkov in.
Also Harvey’s > BK —> Wendy’s ——————> McDeath’s.

• Love
Reactions: lopey

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Dunkin coffee is still the great regulator.

I'll have a sausage egg and chesse on a crow sant.
I don't drink coffee but tea from DD is terrible. The water is heated in a container that had coffee and tastes like old stale coffee.

Also, I don't often eat fast food but do like a Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
full

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Fantilli Should still be playing in Sweden, with Bedard.
Anyway, JVR was obviously going back in so somebody had to sit to keep Merkov in.
Also Harvey’s > BK —> Wendy’s ——————> McDeath’s.
Maybe it is where you live but I don't know many who like BK.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010

Has a great game at wing, looks comfortable with linemates, Montgomery doesn't just move him off that line he moves him to center.

I am really, really starting to worry about Monty as head coach.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
You know many that like McD’s?

It’s Canadian. Just had to get it in there!
I figured. I actually like Wendy's best, but not for burgers. fwiw.

Some. I really don't eat there so I am just going on what others say. Maybe some franchises are better than others?:dunno:

Maybe once a month I get a Wendy's spicy chicken.
Their Chili, frosties and menu are good too.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Me too but I don't eat burgers so my opinion doesn't count.

Their Chili, frosties and menu are good too.
I only get the chicken sandwich. I don't do frosties.

Reactions: quietbruinfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad