BRUINS GDT GAME 36 7:08 PM - THE BEAR starts 2024 in historic Columbus - NESN, ESPN+, 98.5 WBZ-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Was Frederic centering a line last game where he had the best game of his season? If not, why the f*** would you put him at center tonight?

It's little things like this that frustrate me.

You must be pretty frustrated.

You may be a candidate for some prescription happy pills.

I never leave home without 'em.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
FENWAY.gif

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
I really do not like putting Merk at 4C. If he makes it in this league it's gonna be as a skill guy, not some 4th line grinder. He needs to be playing with other skill players in offensive situations. Even with Beecher taking a seat you have enough other 4C options where you really don't need to do this.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Beecher's last 10 games:
16.67 On-Ice Goals For % = Team Worst

5.87 On-Ice Goals Allowed per 60 = Over 2.5 more goals allowed per 60 than the next worst forward (Coyle)

14.54 On-Ice Goals Allowed per 60 on the PK = 2nd worst (Frederic)

I can't argue against sitting him tonight.
Yea those are great stats you posted ,ty Mike. I get it but when a line does not score much ,it sure makes a few against hurt
Wonder what Stats are for others like Lauko .What's he got 1 goal ?

I really do not like putting Merk at 4C. If he makes it in this league it's gonna be as a skill guy, not some 4th line grinder. He needs to be playing with other skill players in offensive situations. Even with Beecher taking a seat you have enough other 4C options where you really don't need to do this.
Exactly.He does not have near Marchands drive either or physicality so don't want people using him as an example
.Put skill with skill is best bet here.

Reactions: hrdpuk and dugg133

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Monty says Merk got called up for his 200 foot game.
Doesn't play him when protecting a lead.
Now pigeon-holes him at 4th line even though he's weak at faceoffs...

Kid must be pretty confused right now.
Seems to me coach is trying to give breaks to players. For older players it is simple maintenance. For younger players I imagine watching the game from a different angle with a coach is beneficial.

I guess I will be a bit miffed if Beecher sits long-term while Merk struggles at 4C, but for now, let's just assume it is temporary.

Reactions: lopey

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
Likely just a game to help his confidence at faceoffs.

Beecher's last 10 games:

5.87 On-Ice Goals Allowed per 60 = Over 2.5 more goals allowed per 60 than the next worst forward (Coyle)

Yes this and eye test says he should sit

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Yea those are great stats you posted ,ty Mike. I get it but when a line does not score much ,it sure makes a few against hurt
Wonder what Stats are for others like Lauko .What's he got 1 goal ?
At Even Strength, Lauko's been on the ice for 1 goal for and 2 allowed. Beecher was on for 2 for and 5 against.

Beecher's GA/60 at ES is more than double that of Lauko's.

Beecher had 1 assist in those games. Lauko had 0 points.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Beecher's last 10 games:

You are making me believe in analytics more. They happen to correspond with my eye test, so I like them :D

Reactions: hrdpuk

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
At Even Strength, Lauko's been on the ice for 1 goal for and 2 allowed. Beecher was on for 2 for and 5 against.

Beecher's GA/60 at ES is more than double that of Lauko's.

Beecher had 1 assist in those games. Lauko had 0 points.

All this plus Beecher spent the entire second half of last game stapled to the bench. So no surprise he's been scratched, he's very much in the dog house right now. The growing pains of rookies. At least Lohrei is mostly on the up at present.

Merkulov does not remotely strike me as 4th line material but we'll see how he goes.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I completely agree, but the Bruins have done this since the 60s, and probably before that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad