BRUINS GDT GAME 35 5:08 PM - New Year's Eve in Detroit City - NESN, ESPN+, SN, 92.9 WBOS-FM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Read this, turned the game on, he had a great shift but got croschecked into boards. He is fine
Yea probably but a kid playing where he has should be a little more dominant vs own age I would think.He has 2 goals one an empty net the other the 10th goal in a thrashing with no assists

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I hope the last game of 2023 is a win for the Bruins. I also hope for no injuries.

Hey Steve, I hope the Bruins win tonight.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO:clap::clap:
1704055487694.png

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Detroit is in a slump.
3-7 in their last 10.
Should be easy pickings vs most teams who are in that position but we manage to make it hard on ourselves vs the Wings. Always playing catch up vs them.

Jake appears to be giving an honest effort lately, even physically.
Shattenkirk was the man yesterday 👍

Oddly I expect a loss.... hopefully the boys prove me wrong.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Wings have really cooled off . 3-7-0 in there last ten . Haven’t seen them play except against the Bruins but they don’t appear to be the same high energy team that they were earlier in the year .

Oh pound for pound I think the Bruins are the better team. But the Red Wings have fresher legs and are at home, and for whatever exact reason they seem to match up well against us this year. So on that basis I'm taking this game as a free hit - great if the boys get a positive result, will excuse it if they don't as long as the intent and the style they play in are good.

Reactions: Trizz617

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.
I was talking about this exact thing to the guys who work for the Bs. They were thrilled to be going to Detroit. :sarcasm:.

A nice New Years Eve win with no injuries please

I am originally from the Detroit area. Did they say why they were thrilled?

Downtown has changed dramatically over the past few years, and very much for the better. Ford Field (where the Lions play), Comerica Park (where the Tigers play) and the latest edition, Little Ceaser's Arena (where the Wings and Pistons play).

The late Mike Illich, founder of Little Ceaser's pizza and owner of the Red Wings since 1985, had a lot to do with the city's revitalization. He invested in Detroit at its lowest point and continued to do so until his death in 2017.

The Illich family still owns the Wings and Tigers.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am originally from the Detroit area. Did they say why they were thrilled?

Downtown has changed dramatically over the past few years, and very much for the better. Ford Field (where the Lions play), Comerica Park (where the Tigers play) and the latest edition, Little Ceaser's Arena (where the Wings and Pistons play).

The late Mike Illich, founder of Little Ceaser's pizza and owner of the Red Wings since 1985, had a lot to do with the city's revitalization. He invested in Detroit at its lowest point and continued to do so until his death in 2017.

The Illich family still owns the Wings and Tigers.

They flew out last night after the game and will fly out tonight to Columbus. Most would rather be with family.

My friend (who works for the Bs) said he had lots to do and just wanted to sleep.

My feeling is that most of the players are not big party guys. I am sure if they won the cup that would briefly change...but most have young kids and are family guys.

bruins19

Aug 11, 2005
I'll be working in the brewery this evening during the game, like last night during the Devil's tilt. I hope we get a similar result. Let's go Bs!
You are doing the Lord’s work in the brewery. It’s a twofer if we get another win as a result. Thanks!

Reactions: GordonHowe

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Has anyone else noticed that Milan Lucic's face is still very prevalent in the NESN opening credit montage?

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
We hit up Little Caesar’s the other night after spending an hour at urgent care.

My hot and ready pepperoni was excellent, but my wife’s crazy bread tasted like a lukewarm sponge soaked in dishwater.

We also stopped at DQ next door and I gave the frosted sugar cookie blizzard a shot.

RoccoF14

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2016
Chicago, IL
So according to the NESN intro, the Red Wings' record is 17-5-4.

That's top notch production, right there....

OV

Obstructed View
Sep 23, 2003
Niagara Falls
We hit up Little Caesar’s the other night after spending an hour at urgent care.

My hot and ready pepperoni was excellent, but my wife’s crazy bread tasted like a lukewarm sponge soaked in dishwater.

We also stopped at DQ next door and I gave the frosted sugar cookie blizzard a shot.
That'll teach ya to help yourself to your wife's crazy bread!!!

Reactions: GordonHowe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad