GDT: Game 32: Montreal Canadiens vs Minnesota Wild 12/21/23 8:00pm EST RDS (HD), TSN, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Went to the can & return to find the Habs have dropped a deuce 0-2

3 shots on goal? Yikes. First day of Winter blahs are terrible.
3 sog and 1 of them was so slow that I'm not sure it would have crossed the goal line.
Horrible period.

• Wow
Reactions: HabSgt

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Dach was gonna score more goals than all of our current guys? No shot. Newhook should not be a team's best goalscorer, it's the equivalent of having Justin Barron as your best RHD.
Dach was going to set up his linemates to score, not necessarily be the top scorer.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Dach was going to set up his linemates to score, not necessarily be the top scorer.
And who would score? Caufield and Suzuki not scoring goals is not due to a lack of chances and opportunities. Slaf has been great lately but has zero finishing ability along with the rest of the team. Anderson's missed hundreds of empty netters so Dach's passes wouldn't change that.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Sad that we are actually missing Belzile on that 4th line...lol. Stephens is not a 4th line C. He's fine to replace guys 2-3 games but he's a career AHL'er. Ylonen should have a more offensive line. I'd balance them all.

Caufield-Suzuki-Slaf
Heineman-Monahan-Anderson
Ylonen-Dvorak-Gallagher
Armia-Evans-Pezz

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
And who would score? Caufield and Suzuki not scoring goals is not due to a lack of chances and opportunities.
Everyone would be doing better. Not having a guy like Dach puts a lot of pressure on everyone else. He would have demanded the top defensive coverage. The PP would be a lot better too.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Same here Sheed and now it's snowing by the reeves and wind is gusting to 80 kms/hr from the NW. It has been a rough December.
We've had a decent Dec but the past 3 days have been awful with the rain. Suppose to get a little snow overnight but only 2-5cm I believe. Haven't heard snowing by the reeves in a good long time. :)

If it's not raining by the reeves it's snowing by the reeves me son. :)

• Haha
Reactions: OldCraig71

expy

Nov 2, 2010
Just got back from McDs, forgot there was a game.

That second goal was extremely weak, even the first goal's shot was kinda floaty.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Everyone would be doing better. Not having a guy like Dach puts a lot of pressure on everyone else. He would have demanded the top defensive coverage. The PP would be a lot better too.
Suzuki has to shoot the puck on those two on ones what a waste.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
That is true and Kirby is truly missed. But one forward gone should not derail complete scoring on the whole team
there's a lack of talent on this team true talent that has to be identified and fixed which I hope they will

Inside of trading next to give us maybes

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
No it’s not because they’re playing in Minnesota. It’s because they suck and have sucked before they even won their last game in Minny

Reactions: sampollock

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We aren't scoring because of a serious lack of goalscoring talent, not a lack of chances. A guy like Suzuki has set up teammates millions of times despite getting all the coverage and nothing gets converted. We have one legit sniper who has been nonexistent at 5v5 and Suzuki is allergic at shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad