GDT: Game 32: Montreal Canadiens vs Minnesota Wild 12/21/23 8:00pm EST RDS (HD), TSN, TSN 690

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
We aren't scoring because of a serious lack of goalscoring talent, not a lack of chances. A guy like Suzuki has set up teammates millions of times despite getting all the coverage and nothing gets converted. We have one legit sniper who has been nonexistent at 5v5 and Suzuki is allergic at shooting.

matvei-michkov-2021-5033.jpg

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
We aren't scoring because of a serious lack of goalscoring talent, not a lack of chances. A guy like Suzuki has set up teammates millions of times despite getting all the coverage and nothing gets converted. We have one legit sniper who has been nonexistent at 5v5 and Suzuki is allergic at shooting.
Sorry but when you take out a player that looked to be on the verge of getting 70 points in Dach and Newhook who was on the pace of 50-60, it definitely brings down everyone else. Do they need another goal scorer? Absolutely. But we cannot ignore just how much better the team would be offensively with those two healthy.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
One of the big problems is that when we go to first overall pick there wasn't a generational player. That's one part second part is is MB screwed up on a trade and screwed up on a draft that could have provided this team with more balance

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I generally read on there so it takes awhile. I am ok but are the Habs?
If you spend too much time on the crapper pretty soon all your breakfast will taste of orange metamucil don’t ask.

More Heinemann in the 2nd. Promoted to 1rw to mix it up

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
It feels like the wild really focused on recruiting players who knew how to create space and pass the puck.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Sorry but when you take out a player that looked to be on the verge of getting 70 points in Dach and Newhook who was on the pace of 50-60, it definitely brings down everyone else. Do they need another goal scorer? Absolutely. But we cannot ignore just how much better the team would be offensively with those two healthy.
People here also thought Caufield was a lock to score 40 goals. This delusion that Dach was guaranteed to overtake Suzuki and score 70+ points is ridiculous considering he's proven f*** all so far and I love the player. Guy could very well top out as a 50-60 points 15-45 player which is still good but nowhere near good enough to lead a team. My whole argument was about goalscoring and we are getting none of it right now and the only player in the pipeline that has a chance to fix that is Roy which is concerning. Many people here were vouching against Michkov because of the size concern while dismissing the talent concern for whatever reason. I'm not shitting on Reinbacher either, but to pretend that he was a bigger need when nobody has the ability to score goals at a high level is just straight up wrong.

Reactions: sampollock
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad