GDT: Game #31 | Florida Panthers @ Detroit Red Wings | 7:00 PM EST | FS-D+ ‎ ‎

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
Listen to yourself. LISTEN to yourself.

The better Cleary does, the better this team does. Why does everyone want Cleary gone. Because he sucks, right? He doesn't score goals. He falls over. He can't make a pass.

I'm rooting for him to not suck. Because a Dan Cleary that sucks is no good for this team.

But you are actually worried that he might be getting better. What kind of a fan are you?

I suppose I'm a fan who wants whats best for the team moving forward. And Cleary being passable enough to avoid being shown the door is at odds with the long-term success of the team.

It is inexcusable that Nyquist and Tatar haven't been in the lineup since opening night. And Cleary is part of the reason why.

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto
If we were a healthy team. How would this lineup look?

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Alfredsson
Nyquist - Franzen - Tatar
Bertuzzi - Weiss - Abdelkader
Andersson - Helm - Miller

Helm has played way too well to be put on the 4th line.

I'd prefer something like this.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Bertuzzi
Franzen - Helm - Tatar
Nyquist - Weiss - Alfredsson
Miller - Andersson - Abdelkader

If Weiss ever regains his confidence and form he showed with Florida I'd flip him and Helm. I think that gives us 3 good scoring lines and a more effective checking line.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
No, we all know Cleary will make a difference. He's the only one who thinks DFC will make a positive difference for the Wings :laugh:

I never said I thought he would make a positive difference. I'm just saying HE FINALLY MADE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE and we should all be happy he finally contributed. But no. Some fans would be happier if he never helped his team out.

KJoe88

Forever Lost.
May 18, 2012
Trenton, MI
I never said I thought he would make a positive difference. I'm just saying HE FINALLY MADE A POSITIVE DIFFERENCE and we should all be happy he finally contributed. But no. Some fans would be happier if he never helped his team out.

The thing is with Cleary, if he does ONE thing right, he'll get rewarded with more ice time. That ONE goal by him today could possibly make Babcock think, "Hey, he's sucked all year, but maybe since he scored I should promote him!"

At least that's how I look at it. It's possible that his one positive thing out does all the negative he's done all year.

crashman

We get it dude. You are the only one that thinks Dan Cleary can make a difference. It's ad nauseum. Enough is enough.

With all the CONSTANT negativity surrounding Cleary, I don't see anything with someone trying to even the scales. I think Cleary's a bum too, but there's nothing wrong with what Soup said.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
No. Enough is enough of the whining about Cleary. it is fine to not like him, but it is unacceptable as a fan to wish one our players DIDN'T score a goal. That is not a fan.
Incorrect. As an American (sorry, my friendly neighbours to the north), I can root for my team anyway I damn well please. Doesn't make me any more or less passionate for my team then the next person.

And this is what this GDT thread -which other "fans" of different teams can come read- has become; some fickle argument over what constitutes being a "fan"

Whatever, Monster let in a goal. What a flipping bum.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Team on a back to back + without top 3 C's (including best two players on the team) + making dumb mistakes in their own zone = absolutely brutal to watch.

js10

Oct 8, 2009
Does anyone what caused that Tatar has least time on ice? Does excelling on ice get rewarded with less playing time?? (I must have missed something here)

sarcastro

Jul 28, 2005
I know he's the flavor of the month, but the puck seems to go right through Gustavsson. Or he has no idea where it is. Has happened at least a half dozen times already in this one.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Weiss should have just picked a new number. Going with 90 is still too close to Gordie's number. I think that's the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad