GDT: Game 3: Red Wings at rags 7:00 pm et 10/14/24

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
Berggren, like Hudler before him, is at his core a playmaking catalyst. If you stick him with talent, he has the ability to make a line better. But there needs to be a base level of offensive inclination in his linemates. He's not a "f*** it, I'll do it myself" offensive player. Not at the NHL level. So if you stick him on a line opposite Motte, there really isn't anything he can do with that. It's telling that some of the best chances he's had so far is with Edvinsson. Because Edvinsson knows that with Berggren on the ice if he jumps up, he'll get the puck.
And like Hudler before him, Berggren is getting the Babcock treatment from Newsy. Sticking him with players who are not anywhere near his offensive iq and creativity, so hes not getting points. And since hes not getting points, casuals think he sux. Its ridiculous, why not try him with Raymond and like Compher. Then maybe Larkin Tank and Cat. Maybe Copp, Kane and Ras...let Kane bounce a couple in off Copp, Abby style...but no, this is much too difficult for a multi million dollar coach to devise and practice with once or twice.

jfrank21

Oct 1, 2009
This is just excuses. Good offensive players can produce regardless who they play with.
Not when you are a gifted offensive catalyst, then your game only shines with other talented, creative players. That sort of thing is non existant in players like Copp and Ras, they get their goals and points from grinding, not offensive iq and skill.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pretty good game.

Finally the Top6 lines were working, best games from them. The trend is clearly upwards.

Just unbelieveable game from Shesterkin. You can't ask more for those scoring chances against him.

This team is going on to right direction.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Not when you are a gifted offensive catalyst, then your game only shines with other talented, creative players. That sort of thing is non existant in players like Copp and Ras, they get their goals and points from grinding, not offensive iq and skill.

If he is so good produce and force your way up the lineup. Point is, that he isn't good enough to force his way up the lineup.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
And like Hudler before him, Berggren is getting the Babcock treatment from Newsy. Sticking him with players who are not anywhere near his offensive iq and creativity, so hes not getting points. And since hes not getting points, casuals think he sux. Its ridiculous, why not try him with Raymond and like Compher. Then maybe Larkin Tank and Cat. Maybe Copp, Kane and Ras...let Kane bounce a couple in off Copp, Abby style...but no, this is much too difficult for a multi million dollar coach to devise and practice with once or twice.
So we need to play preferred minutes to NHL struggle bus Burgers over the greatest U.S. born hockey player and this will help us?

Berggren crowd he needs to play better for more opportunities. I think he helped himself a little last night when he wasn’t being sent down to the ice and getting bounced around. Problem is as you move up the lineup against better defenders they are better at precisely what is being done to him. He doesn’t deserve top 6 minutes right now, good news is he also doesn’t deserve to be benched like he did last year at this point either.

Reactions: OldnotDeadWings

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Yeah they played Ok. My worry which is the same as last season, the wingers not named Raymond can look invisible without Larkin. But they all cannot play with Larkin.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL

billy-madison-comedy.gif

My guess is he gets fined for that. I cannot imagine the league looks on this well. No matter how innocuous Lalonde thought he was being. You cannot discuss other team’s contract negotiations in any of the pro leagues from within.

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
So Gustafsson was a wasted contract already wasn’t it, I’ve been so pissed off with our pro scouting the past few years, just found out who the director of our pro scouting team is? Chris yzerman. lol we are really back to being a nepotism franchise again.
It’s a huge old boys club. Everybody in our front office is previous wings players or friends of them. And most of them suck ass at their jobs.

Reactions: lidstromiscool

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
So like, when Ras sauces it onto Berggren's stick in the slot and Berggren whiffs on it, that's an issue of Ras's dumb pass being uncreative?

Reactions: The Zetterberg Era

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad