GDT: Game 3: Hurricanes @ Islanders, 7pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
What I want to see tonight:

People giving Barzal and Sorokin quarters and hopping on their backs for pony rides like you do outside the grocery.

I bet the Bison King and Staalo really could use a pony ride.

Giddyup!

oh and....

Jennifer Connolly…..my lord.

JC and Elisabeth Shue made my teenage world go round.

Oh yes….and win please. Long Islanders are a special breed of annoying, their accents are nails on a chalkboard to me. Fran Drescher made me nauseous.

Last edited:

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Word to the wise: Please don't go into opposing GDTs during the playoffs. It's very easy to forget what thread you're in and even just liking a post can be regarded as trolling. Mods have been asked to have zero tolerance on opposing fans trolling GDTs, so it's a good way to get yourself in timeout.

Just let the insecure numbnuts whine to each other in their safe space.
Should have clarified it was the main board game day thread. I have lost my like function enough to know not to go to any other teams on their board

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Oh dear. I cannot imagine living or actually being convinced that NC is a shit hole state and NY is not. Politics aside, there’s a reason why there continues to be a mass migration of the northeastern neck beards into our suburbs and it’s not for the Bojangles.
Just wanted to stop by and say - can confirm. Couldn't get out of there fast enough. I wouldn't sell the cajun filet biscuit that short though.

Oh, and Slavin is incredible.

Have fun tonight!

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I asked this in another thread but why do we think Rees is going to be a physical presence for us?

Listed at 5'11" and 172lbs; even if he's willing to play aggressively just sounds like another Jarvis to me.
This guy was one of the toughest in the NHL years ago (btw: I'm 6'2 215 and there are plenty of smaller/lighter guys I would never challenge):

1682106149150.png

Reactions: Ginger Papa

PredsV82

All In LFG!
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Was cleaning out some cabinets in the kitchen and found this... thought you guys could put it to good use
st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

Jesse Puljujarvi pulls a Cam Ward and comes out of nowhere to carry the Canes to the Stanley Cup and winning the Conn Smythe earning him a new Hurricanes Contract similar to Jesper Kotkaniemi
I also still have the turd polish...

CanesUltimate11

Nov 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
Per Canes Country - First Line Drury is upon us!

Hurricanes*

Jack Drury - Sebastian Aho - Seth Jarvis
Stefan Noesen - Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Martin Necas
Jordan Martinook - Jordan Staal - Jesper Fast
Jesse Puljujarvi - Paul Stastny - Derek Stepan

Jaccob Slavin - Brent Burns
Brady Skjei - Brett Pesce
Shayne Gostisbehere - Jalen Chatfield

Antti Raanta
Frederik Andersen

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Forgot to add this so I'm telling it now.

You guys probably know I volunteer with the youth group at my church. We'll tonight is our lock-in. We're having about 35 kids spend the night. I'll probably be playing basketball, volleyball, hide and seek. I'll be dead tired and won't be seeing any of tonight's action.

So, please pray for me:laugh: and may our Hockey team kick some Long Island ass tonight :)

See ya guys tomorrow, hopefully on a good note!

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
I perused the Isles board this morning. There was a lot of talk that we are a cult of ignorance. We don't know shit about hockey. Our state is a shithole to live in. Matt Martin should run more players.

I say we respond the best way possible, by being kind. I mean, by being kind in a hugely trollish way. Being overtly kind. Superficially kind. Absurdly kind. Being a real jackass of kindness. Complimenting their players over-the-top. Agreeing with them over-the-top. In any main board thread, I say we should all be ruthlessly kind bastards towards their squad.

And the kicker, I think, is we should be even more complimentary of the Rangers. For instance, say things like "As a Canes fan I know our fanbase really doesn't know shit about hockey. I love reading Isles' fans takes because I know their knowledge of hockey is so strong and so rooted in the tradition of the game. But we can all agree that the only fan more knowledgeable than an Isles fan is a Rangers fan."

Oh okay. I think I’ll do just that…

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina
I wouldn’t start Raanta tonight. He’s only marginally better than the other options and when he plays too much he either gets hurt or is terrible.

Yeah, I'd prefer they do something to prevent a problem rather than react after there is a problem.

Also, which is actually the "1st" line? Aho is at the top of the list, but when you consider the entire line?

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Per Canes Country - First Line Drury is upon us!

Hurricanes*

Jordan Martinook - Jordan Staal - Jesper Fast
Jesse Puljujarvi - Paul Stastny - Derek Stepan

Jaccob Slavin - Brent Burns
Brady Skjei - Brett Pesce
Shayne Gostisbehere - Jalen Chatfield

Antti Raanta
Frederik Andersen
Honestly this is probably our best possible lineup we can ice right now.

First line Drury? Hell no for me bro, but we ain't got any more of them first liners.

Starting Raanta again? He wasn't good last game, but he's been by far our most consistent netminder this year, and he racks up the wins.

It's weird. Normally I'd be terrified of the opposing goalie, like Shesterkin/Ullmark/whoever. But with Sorokin I genuinely think we can beat him. For me, the game plan is more about making 0 mistakes defensively than being particularly good at offense. I'm also curious if we figure out the PP, as the Isles really schooled our PP until the last one in game 2.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad